the_escapist

the_escapist

if you endure too much, it will be your loss
Jul 15, 2021
I am not medically diagnosed with depression because I haven't told anyone about how I'm feeling. I feel like if I tell anyone that I have done self harm, or that the days when I barely get out of my room isn't just because I have a headache, or that I need help is just going to cause more harm than good. I feel like I don't have the right to burden anyone with my problems so I just keep it to myself. Eventhough I feel like I need some medications or any medical help because of my anxiety attacks, I think it'll just cause financial problems in our family. Eventhough I really want to talk to someone because I still believe that it might actually help, even a little, I don't because I'm overcome by the idea that I shouldn't burden anyone with my problems. I tried to reach out to friends who I think can help me but the moment they ask how I am I always go with the 'I'm good' reply. I feel guilty talking to my parents, I just cant get pass the idea that I've disappointed them. Sometimes, the thought of talking to someone to ask for help just gives me more anxiety because I think it'll do no good for them. And so ctb is the only way.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: FuneralCry, hʚll, puppet_nihilist and 1 other person
GreenMile

GreenMile

Aug 3, 2021
Not being able talk openly about CTB causes a lot of CTB. Outside of this forum it's just the Samaritans and they're hands are so tied up legally that they can't have a serious discussion about it.

The right word, at the right time and in the right place would save a lot of lives and those who are considering it wouldn't be in so much hellish isolation.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: the_escapist
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry you are suffering, I know it can be hard to deal with these feelings. Anxiety can be really debilitating. I'm the type of person who keeps everything to myself as well for many reasons. I wish you well.

• Love
Reactions: the_escapist and GreenMile