BeforeYouFallAsleep

BeforeYouFallAsleep

a corpse is talking
Oct 11, 2023
I'm 20 now and it's been about 2 years sice my mental health did a nosedive. Now when it's kinda getting better i just feel so alienated and out of place. Especially when i see my old friends on ig, going out, traveling and just having fun. Seeing them evolving over the years, phisically and just as a person, it is so strange that i can barely recognise them. With dating it's even worse. I see all of these girls and just don't think that i can keep up with them. It's like i am still this kid at 17/18 and it seems like i haven't evolved at all.
It is actually kinda scary how i feel so disconnected from my current age group.

Did u experience something similar?

• Hugs
Reactions: dogbreath, Archness, lostboi37 and 6 others
M

maddog58

Oct 15, 2023
I have had a similar experience. I'm 22, and my mental health has worsened over the past two years. It was to the point where I alienated myself and didn't talk to anyone so that I can focus on myself. But that led to me having bad social anxiety and feeling like I can't interact with people well. It's slowly gotten better, but I still feel a little disconnected like you said.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I remember starting to experience this in high school with my friends and peers before cutting off contact with them. Even now, I still feel this way when I hear my classmates talking with each other. I've kind of stayed stagnant as a person for a long time. I don't feel that much connection with people around my age group.

BeforeYouFallAsleep

BeforeYouFallAsleep

a corpse is talking
Oct 11, 2023
I have had a similar experience. I'm 22, and my mental health has worsened over the past two years. It was to the point where I alienated myself and didn't talk to anyone so that I can focus on myself. But that led to me having bad social anxiety and feeling like I can't interact with people well. It's slowly gotten better, but I still feel a little disconnected like you said.
yeah i've also been isolating myself very badly. I am trying to get more social and show that i am also existing i guess. I am trying that since march now, when i started uni, but it's just been so difficult idk
I remember starting to experience this in high school with my friends and peers before cutting off contact with them. Even now, I still feel this way when I hear my classmates talking with each other. I've kind of stayed stagnant as a person for a long time. I don't feel that much connection with people around my age group.
kinda like time is constantly progressing except for you

Last edited:
Reactions: Archness
M

maddog58

Oct 15, 2023
It can get mentally exhausting forcing yourself out there in social situations. When I started college, it was very overwhelming at first. But I found a select few people who I was able to open up to and that was enough for me and made things easier. Don't force yourself to be more social if it makes your mental health worse, because I know it can cause even more anxiety (at least in my case it did). I hope it gets easier for you and that uni is a great experience! You're not alone though, there's others who have/are having similar experiences.

Enlighten

Enlighten

I am here for you
Sep 29, 2023
I'm 20 now and it's been about 2 years sice my mental health did a nosedive. Now when it's kinda getting better i just feel so alienated and out of place. Especially when i see my old friends on ig, going out, traveling and just having fun. Seeing them evolving over the years, phisically and just as a person, it is so strange that i can barely recognise them. With dating it's even worse. I see all of these girls and just don't think that i can keep up with them. It's like i am still this kid at 17/18 and it seems like i haven't evolved at all.
It is actually kinda scary how i feel so disconnected from my current age group.

Many of these people are dealing with their own problems aswell, we just have a better view of our own. You're still very young, don't be too hard on yourself. If you want to talk, i'd love to talk to you <3

Some place nice

Some place nice

This world makes me sick
Oct 18, 2023
I feel the same way. I am sorry you have to go through this.

• Love
Reactions: BeforeYouFallAsleep
BeforeYouFallAsleep

BeforeYouFallAsleep

a corpse is talking
Oct 11, 2023
It can get mentally exhausting forcing yourself out there in social situations. When I started college, it was very overwhelming at first. But I found a select few people who I was able to open up to and that was enough for me and made things easier. Don't force yourself to be more social if it makes your mental health worse, because I know it can cause even more anxiety (at least in my case it did). I hope it gets easier for you and that uni is a great experience! You're not alone though, there's others who have/are having similar experiences.
thank you <3
Many of these people are dealing with their own problems aswell, we just have a better view of our own. You're still very young, don't be too hard on yourself. If you want to talk, i'd love to talk to you <3
i don't think i can dm yet but i will keep your offer in mind.
Love your Zyzz pfp btw. Had a very short gym arc earlier this year but it ended after 2/3 months..
we are all going to make it brah (hopefully)

Last edited:
Ashe

Ashe

Born to suffer for others
Sep 20, 2023
I can relate, I'm 28 but I've always felt like an alien compared to everyone else depsite my efforts to make myself fit in but I'm too tired to even try anymore. I just stick to myself.

BeforeYouFallAsleep

BeforeYouFallAsleep

a corpse is talking
Oct 11, 2023
I can relate, I'm 28 but I've always felt like an alien compared to everyone else depsite my efforts to make myself fit in but I'm too tired to even try anymore. I just stick to myself.
yee i know what you mean. I'm constantly contemplating to just say fuck it, fuck everyone.
And keeping this mask on, tying to fit in all the time, is just so exhausting

lostboi37

lostboi37

Oct 21, 2023

I am 29 goin on 100 and I still feel this. I feel like all of my friends and family and everyone outgrow me. I know that might not be as, like... hopeful, as you might wish, and I'm sorry for that. I know lots of people do end up figuring stuff out and getting better. I'm just not one of them lol

Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
Late in hs felt like everyone moved on from me...

Even now I kinda still feel like a high-school kid. Everything since graduation was just a very long summer break. If things continue like this, it might never end till death. Tho at that point it's hardly a break, more like a soft-death.
Even tho I'm quite young I already feel that most of my life has passed me, this pungent stench of stagnation on me.

• Love
Reactions: BeforeYouFallAsleep
BeforeYouFallAsleep

BeforeYouFallAsleep

a corpse is talking
Oct 11, 2023
I am 29 goin on 100 and I still feel this. I feel like all of my friends and family and everyone outgrow me. I know that might not be as, like... hopeful, as you might wish, and I'm sorry for that. I know lots of people do end up figuring stuff out and getting better. I'm just not one of them lol
thank you for sharing. It is somehow comforting knowing that i'm not alone with that <3
Late in hs felt like everyone moved on from me...

Even now I kinda still feel like a high-school kid. Everything since graduation was just a very long summer break. If things continue like this, it might never end till death. Tho at that point it's hardly a break, more like a soft-death.
Even tho I'm quite young I already feel that most of my life has passed me, this pungent stench of stagnation on me.
this soft-death thing resonates with me a lot. Especially after trying to ctb i feel like i shouldn't be alive or be happy.
I'm sorry that you feel the same. And I hope that it gets better for both of us

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: lostboi37