theguineapigking

theguineapigking

Useless piece of trash
Dec 5, 2019
I'm 22. Dropped out of homeschool high school half way through 2016, my last year (pathetic, lol f me). No college. No motivation whatsoever. I'm not smart. Everyone is better at everything than me. I try to learn stuff, but with no real motivation or enthusiasm, how could I realistically expect that to happen? I'm living at home with my parents. My brother is 18, can drive, and has way more potential than me. I think my younger sisters do too(I'm the perfect role model... the perfect role model at being a piece of garbage that is!). Now, here's the even more pathetic part: I feel young to 16 year olds, because I'm just a **** that lies around and does nothing.

Anyone else relate? Does anyone else have trouble learning and no motivation to do so? I'm literally bad at everything. I'm not exaggerating.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Barracuda91, inhale_exhale, Ligottifan95 and 15 others
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Yes I relate. I have literally no motivation to do anything and I'm not good at anything. I'm not enthusiastic or interested in anything. I barely finished school and did not get a degree so I could have a "career". I failed miserably at being an adult with responsibilities. I failed at every job I have ever had. Even the basic jobs I got overwhelmed and struggled. Now I just don't work period because I can't mentally handle anything after severe trauma and I'm not physically able to do most jobs. I feel like a burden on the people around me who just essentially take care of me.

Also your not pathetic. Hugs :hug:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Barracuda91, inhale_exhale, Cherry Crumpet and 2 others

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I can relate, but with no pathetic part, maybe because I have no one in the family to compare myself to. I used to feel bad for losing a horse in this race, beat myself over not having the sufficient resources to follow my primal drives without subjecting myself to too much pain and suffering. Now I don't bother. I know the contrast, I know how it's like to be a (local) winner and a loser. I felt the difference between life worth and not worth living. I'm not saying that I refuse to work or study out of self-respect and dignity. I'm simply not driven to do those.

I'm feeling like a CRPG character with mediocre stats who, after becoming self-aware of its own mediocrity, refuses to go on with the story, demands reloading an older, pre-injury save when he had better stats, or to delete him and roll a better character with adequate stats.

I'm fine with capable people going on with their story, but those who urge me to work and mate and be useful, they can go work and fuck themselves.

Ed: I had a period of intensified urge to socialize, and I talked to random strangers on the streets. One of them was an obese, slovenly looking man in his fifties, complaining about poor conditions at work, about people in power fucking him over, and eating ice-cream which might very well be his consolation prize for his bullshit experience. I think that was really pathetic.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: inhale_exhale, Lunaloveflood, _Minsk and 4 others
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
I completely understand. My anxiety makes pretty much everything harder. I've failed at the couple jobs I've had, and they weren't difficult jobs. Now I don't work, I can't drive, I mostly can't cook, I still live with my mom and depend on her for most things. I don't see this changing anytime soon.

• Hugs
Reactions: DeathNoot, Metalhead, 262653 and 2 others
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Nothing to be ashamed of pal were a product of environment for most part. I feel sorry for men who burn themselves out to have knowledge on everything possible... Therefore not truly enjoying anything, just doing/acting it. We're In a world everyone wants, we'll were manipulated to think we need to be the alpha male.

I feel incredibly similar mate. I had a shit childhood with having undiagnosed anxiety and depression even as a kid, went through alot at 15-16 then had a traumatic event at 16 too and after that I lost all motivation/goals/priorities my hobbies deteriorated to watching daytime TV all day.
Whether it caused me to feel as we do I don't know or just coincidence they happened and it's in my genes to be this way.
Its a chore to clean my teeth, I'm not exaggerating, I have to gear myself up.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Barracuda91, 262653, Xocoyotziin and 1 other person
Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
I'm older than you and I'm basically an overgrown 12 year old lol
Sometimes it feels bad when someone points it out or tries to make me feel bad over my lack of worldly accomplishments and knowledge, or my thin skin, or I'm in a situation that most adults are familiar with and I stick out like a sore thumb because I have no idea what's going on, but honestly, I'm not all that interested in all that stuff anyway. The world's just not worth engaging most of the time.

I'm actually extremely grateful for being diverted from that track at an early age, and for being sheltered, however it happened. Normal life experiences are often alien to me and it's great because I hear most of them suck and are precipitated by imaginary constructs that humans use to make each other miserable anyway. Maybe it lessened my value to the world but it made the value of my life to myself nonzero.

• Hugs
Reactions: TooConscious, Cherry Crumpet, 262653 and 1 other person
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
This post probably does not help, but in a sense all humans are children inside - even adults. The problem is that the creative and fun-loving nature that is present in childhood is slowly beaten out as the individual grows; until they become a husk who only exists to produce, or as it is sometimes called: "Being Mature."

• Hugs
Reactions: TooConscious, theguineapigking and 262653
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I'm 30, have no job, life has no meaning and I just lay around and do nothing all day. You're not alone. I feel like a failure compared to other people my age who are married, have kids and mortgages etc. I wish I had some advice for you but just know you're not alone with how you're feeling.

• Hugs
Reactions: Barracuda91, inhale_exhale, 262653 and 1 other person
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I sometimes lack motivation because I could do something wrong that would make others angry. Either they yell at me for my screw-up, or chastise me and tell me why I'm the only person in the world that fucks up with this task. Breaking point recently, was my wife crying saying that it wasn't my fault that I'm so stupid lol.

• Wow
Reactions: theguineapigking
M

mopeyD

Aug 8, 2020
Yup I can relate with everyone here. Turning 37; time to die.

• Hugs
Reactions: Barracuda91 and theguineapigking
albino_elk

albino_elk

im infj with bpd=dysfunctional trash
Aug 25, 2020
I'm 30, have no job, life has no meaning and I just lay around and do nothing all day. You're not alone. I feel like a failure compared to other people my age who are married, have kids and mortgages etc. I wish I had some advice for you but just know you're not alone with how you're feeling.
So you are with your parents? You dont even gaming?

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
So you are with your parents? You dont even gaming?
No, I don't live with my parents. I used to game a lot but I kinda lost interest in almost everything this year. I wanna get back into Warcraft for the new expansion thats coming out.

albino_elk

albino_elk

im infj with bpd=dysfunctional trash
Aug 25, 2020
No, I don't live with my parents. I used to game a lot but I kinda lost interest in almost everything this year. I wanna get back into Warcraft for the new expansion thats coming out.
Ye wow is nice if you can manage to merge with that reality. I guess its better than suffering in real world:}
Do you know warmane server? Wotlk expansion. Anyways, if theres a slim will to live -live (i guess.. thats what im doing.. if everything everything fails then i will leave. But anyway its my opinion not everybodys)

KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
I'm 26, a single child but I can relate to how you feel. :hug:

I'm sure you'll discover something that empowers/fulfils you.
Life is kinda confusing at times. Stay true to yourself, do your best if you can.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive and theguineapigking
F

fearmenot

Oct 25, 2020
I can relate to feeling absolutely pathetic. I'm older (31) and have a college degree but it's gotten me nowhere in life, you're not missing out on that.

Reactions: inhale_exhale