• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

Sunlight99

Sep 20, 2018
It hits hard from 2 to 6 pm, when most people get tired. With me, it's like I can't defend myself against bad memories and thoughts. I also a headache and feel like I could fall asleep. After I eat dinner at 6, I feel so much better until bed time.

I eat a good breakfast and lunch, and exercise in the morning. I try eating healthy snacks around 2. I'm not overweight so I'm not concerned with that.

I just can't solve this riddle. I feel like my brain melts from 2-6. If I could alleviate this, I wouldn't feel as suicidal.

Reactions: AnnihilatedAnna, Wolfjob_dayjob, WOODESITY and 4 others
DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
I can somewhat relate. I used to be able to track my depression.
It hits the absolute hardest in August of each year.
That's usually when I have full breakdowns
December is when almost all of my relationships end

Reactions: AnnihilatedAnna, Death., WOODESITY and 2 others
HappyEnding

HappyEnding

Mar 23, 2019
Mine usually either lasts throughout the morning, cools down throughout the afternoon, and vanishes my evening; or lasts throughout the morning and stops early afternoon.

Reactions: AnnihilatedAnna, WOODESITY, Random and 1 other person
Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
Mine usually either lasts throughout the morning, cools down throughout the afternoon, and vanishes my evening; or lasts throughout the morning and stops early afternoon.
I believe this may be quite common.

I came across this article on BrainFacts.org. I don't know how reliable this source is, but it's an interesting theory.

Reactions: WOODESITY
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
It hits hard from 2 to 6 pm, when most people get tired. With me, it's like I can't defend myself against bad memories and thoughts. I also a headache and feel like I could fall asleep. After I eat dinner at 6, I feel so much better until bed time.

I eat a good breakfast and lunch, and exercise in the morning. I try eating healthy snacks around 2. I'm not overweight so I'm not concerned with that.

I just can't solve this riddle. I feel like my brain melts from 2-6. If I could alleviate this, I wouldn't feel as suicidal.
What are u doing during those hours that might be triggering the mood shift?

Reactions: WOODESITY
S

Sunlight99

Sep 20, 2018
What are u doing during those hours that might be triggering the mood shift?

I am working in an office during the week. On the weekend, I'm usually at home doing choirs inside or out, reading, or using he Internet. It happens if I'm on vacation, too.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, WOODESITY and Final Escape
Random

Random

Apr 30, 2018
I don't have the attention span to be depressed, but I get anxious a lot. It lasts all day then I calm down once it gets dark. Summertime's the worst.

Reactions: esclava, Wolfjob_dayjob, WOODESITY and 1 other person
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I am working in an office during the week. On the weekend, I'm usually at home doing choirs inside or out, reading, or using he Internet. It happens if I'm on vacation, too.
That is weird it strikes at same times without reason.

K

Kaput

Here, now
Apr 10, 2019
Hmm, I used to struggle, consistently, around 5 - 7 pm, sunset time. Conversely, 5 - 7 am was my favorite time of the day.

daikon

daikon

trash golem
Dec 26, 2018

Have you seen a doctor? I know some people with hypoglycemia, and that sounds a lot like it.

Reactions: Sunlight99 and Wolfjob_dayjob
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
I'm tired even after sleeping for a long time, it's getting really old.

I

Iceangel

Loveless
Mar 9, 2019
It hits hard from 2 to 6 pm, when most people get tired.
I have this too except it hits hardest 4pm - 9pm. Doesnt matter what im doing, if ive eaten, or what i was doing previously just always hits then...

P

Peaceatlast

Feb 28, 2019
Hey Guys,
Before my depression became continuous, I would be okay until 6pm when it would hit me like a brick wall. Other friends have the opposite and wake up with the black dog and mood lifts at 6pm.
I asked a neurology professor at a medical appointment and he explained this is called 'diurnal variation' with respect to the ups and downs in blood levels of the stress hormone cortisol. You can google it. It's very interesting and sound. There are some implications for treatment along the lines of balancing, evening out cortisol throughout the day. Talk to an endocrinologist.