WearyWanderer

WearyWanderer

Student
Nov 3, 2019
I just need to rant for a second and I'm in too much pain to reply to the replies so I apologize in advance but thought I might post here bc at least it would get replies.

I am bedridden and alone other than being around my family so things are much lonelier than before. It seemed like I always had to make more of an effort to be heard and acknowledged than many others pretty much my whole life. I'm not a loud or extroverted person at all so that probably played a part. And when I did hang out with people, 99 percent of the time, I set it up and invited them, it was rarely the other way around.

I'm just sick and tired of feeling invisible and honestly having those feelings confirmed in both online and in-person situations (this is not a jab at anyone, just a general feeling/statement.

I had a few real life friends but they dwindled away after my disability and only visited because I reached out to them. When I could still make plans, I would frequently be ghosted when trying to figure out if they were still happening and just get no response until after the scheduled date if at all.

I basically have no friends anymore, including online because I am too sick to maintain contact and provide emotional support. I've had one post on my wall in the two years I've had an account here and again I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad, it just stings, y'know? Ok, I guess there was one other post before that wishing me a happy birthday but I tried to interact more when I first joined and was well enough to meet people but it didn't seem to make much of a difference.

Anyway, if there's anyone else who feels similarly and alienated from your environment no matter where you go, feel free to add your thoughts in the comments.

Any response here is usually better than the ones of silence or "Don't feel ignored" which I received on two other stupid mental health sites and then everyone was defending the people who said that it was a fucking "simple fix" problem.

So yea, I just feel invisible and even more invisible when others (not from here) who have no idea what I'm talking about try to discount my feelings and experiences. The feeling has only been magnified by increased isolation due to physical health.

End rant I guess.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 710, patheticpartner, Busdriver and 10 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
It always gets better, God provides.

• Yay!
Reactions: blue_muse and nopointofliving
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Yes, I feel invisible and alienated. There's no one who understands all of me, no one who I can share every part of myself with.

I only have one friend, who I met irl in school, but we only talk online now. He's the only one that comes close to getting it but there are still things I can't share.

No one knows how devastating it is psychologically and emotionally to be accepted nowhere. Humans are social animals, they need peers and community, to me I feel it's the equivalent of torture.

I get ignored all the time or people fail to understand my meaning or try and twist and distort things when I'm quite sure I've communicated things clearly. I don't get it.

All this is why I try to stay away from people.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 710, Journeytoletgo, Trojan and 6 others
WearyWanderer

WearyWanderer

Student
Nov 3, 2019
  • Hugs
Reactions: Busdriver, suicidesheep31, demuic and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I know what it feels like, I have always struggled to connect to other people. It's like I can see the world moving around me but I just feel trapped within my own thoughts. It can be awful when you feel isolated, there has always been an deep emptiness inside of me.

I find people exhausting though and I honestly like to isolate myself by choice, it's always been like that. Sometimes I just don't see others as worth it due to bad experiences I have had in the past. I'm not in contact with any of my old friends. Chronic health problems really can be awful, I get that. I feel like people who haven't suffered in the same way simply don't understand so they will say unhelpful things. I wish you the best.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Mistake of Nature, WearyWanderer and 3 others
blue_muse

blue_muse

Mage
Jan 31, 2021
I've learnt to accept being invisible, because, then you can't feel disappointed when no one steps up to help. You sound so kindhearted, but consider returning the favour when someone makes you feel like you don't matter :heart:.

Reactions: FuneralCry, Trojan and Mistake of Nature
nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
I feel invisible too. I also discinnect from all my real and online friendships because I'm not willing to handle and tolerate anyone. I can relate. Hugs :heart::heart:

Reactions: FuneralCry, Journeytoletgo, Trojan and 3 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I used to be really invisble, especially at school so, I know what you're going through.
Then, I realized that I could shine as much as I wanted to if I kept on trying.

As for having to make an extra effort, yes, it happens to me all the time.

I think every single thing a normal person does, it's at least 5 times hardes for me to do it lol.

• Love
Reactions: blue_muse