Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
This is me contemplating philosophy and by result has made me very sad and depressed about existence. Removing God from the structure of the universe, nothing we do as individuals, let alone the totality of humanity, will mean anything because there will be a point in time where nothing exists. All that has been would amount to nothing.

Futility requires an objective. If your objective in life is to live forever then that objective is futile

If your objective in life is to enjoy your life for as long as you can and try to enhance the lives of those you care about then there it is not futile.

my life is ruined 7 years ago i have no objective anymore other than to die

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: DEATH IS FREEDOM, sserafim, tiger b and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's cruel how people have to suffer so much in this existence but in my case I'd see it as better that existence is completely meaningless. I wouldn't want there to be any kind of purpose to the hell that is existence as having a purpose behind all this cruelty and suffering sounds so horrible to me.
I very strongly believe that once we die, we just permanently cease existing, all that humans are doing is waiting to eternally not exist.