Abandoned Character

Abandoned Character

(he./him)
Mar 24, 2023
I've uncovered what I buried long ago, and I do not want to look at it

The darkness within me, I struggle to accept

My shadow, the parts of my that I've tucked away from the world, hidden from even myself

I hate it. I hate the part of me that hates myself. Like the ouroboros, my anxiety is eating itself,

I try to capture the parts of me that I want to remove, but it is impossible to differentiate from everything else

A vessel of nerves, meat, bacteria and bone

I do not think I will ever stop feeling alone.

Birthed into this world alone, I will cease all the same.

Surrounded by love, yet still alone

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: tiger b, Snowstorm, Celerity and 4 others
Daxter_87

Daxter_87

If my name is crossed out, hopefully I'm dead.
May 28, 2023
This is beautifully written and lyrical, so much so that it resembles a piece of poetry. Perhaps it was your intention to write a poem, and if so, you have nailed it.

Speaking of which, I too have been trying to compose some prose poetry, but in addition to my cluttered, stressed-out brain, I lack the inspiration. Your writing may have given me the spark though.

• Love
Reactions: Abandoned Character and WAITING TO DIE
Abandoned Character

Abandoned Character

(he./him)
Mar 24, 2023
This is beautifully written and lyrical, so much so that it resembles a piece of poetry. Perhaps it was your intention to write a poem, and if so, you have nailed it.

Speaking of which, I too have been trying to compose some prose poetry, but in addition to my cluttered, stressed-out brain, I lack the inspiration. Your writing may have given me the spark though.
Thank you for the encouragement, it really means a lot. My self-critic screams at me when I try to be creative and I'm trying to use this forum to help me work through that. I would love to read what you have to say!

• Hugs
Reactions: Daxter_87