LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
Hehe, I feel so stupid today. I was on a autobahn (German highway) parking lot after pushing my sh*tbox to the limit and I found a nice and empty parking lot with free wifi. I just wanted to visit some onion forums, see what's going on at SaSu and watch the "Cyberbunker: The Criminal World" before going to my new workplace after getting promotion from my old workplace and getting moved to their parent company. Well, things didn't went well. My old Dell business laptop which I bought 4 months ago from Ebay was running out of battery and I wanted to charge it. I had one of those local electronic markets (own branded) 12v laptop chargers where you could charge your laptop in the car. Well, there's also a voltage switch where you can set output voltage for your device and probably in my bag the switch went from 14.5v to 20v and after conntecting it to my laptop, I had sucsessfully coverted the laptop into a smelly smoke machine. I lost 4hours of work on my book and access to some messaging platforms and I was also stupid enough to not save 99.9% of the recovery keys on my NAS, flash drive and on my server.
Well, I managed to get access to Telegram again since I had the key saved on 4 places.

Lesson lerned. It's probably simpler to get a 12v to 230v power inverter and use the original charger that came with the laptop XD

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Slow_Farewell and doormat25