Doom

Doom

Student
Nov 21, 2022
Today I took an exam to get a job at government (in the country where I live, you can only get a decent job working for the government) and I failed miserably. The worst part is that I didn't imagine my score would go so badly, but when the result came out I was disappointed , even though I had very low expectations. Yeah, life always surprises me negatively, no matter how pessimistic I am.
I don't even know how to tell my parents, I'm tired of giving them bad news, my dad already called me a loser once and it's true, but I'm not entirely to blame for that either.

I'll never get a good job. I will either become a wage slave or I kill myself and I sure as hell i would rather take a bullet in the head than become a slave to some greedy boss.

Tonight I'll get drunk, trying to cope.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Unsolved, ncmxm, StolenLife and 17 others
H

hendry

Jan 4, 2021
We lose frequently. Defeat hurts. But it is not final. Remember Jack Ma, he can be an example. Outsiders, even your parents. They don't know your effort and pain. Cheer up, you can keep looking for your way.

Greetings.

Reactions: katagiri83 and Doom
A

Anon1337

Mage
Oct 1, 2018
Story of my life. I hate how it's all a competition and if you lose you live a harder life than people who succeed. It doesn't matter if you're a good, decent person.

• Hugs
Reactions: Unsolved, ncmxm, StolenLife and 7 others
Doom

Doom

Student
Nov 21, 2022
Story of my life. I hate how it's all a competition and if you lose you live a harder life than people who succeed. It doesn't matter if you're a good, decent person.
yes. nothing in the universe says we should be moral, so whether you're "good" or "bad", the universe doesn't give a shit. The only thing that rules is the law of nature where the strongest wins and the weakest loses. Thats why horrible people may triumph over the weak who is decent , because they simply have the necessary evolutionary qualities to win. Yeah, life is this cruel, cold thing.

• Aww..
Reactions: SFB123 and Anon1337
Himalayan

Himalayan

"Wake up to reality, nothing ever goes as planned"
Sep 30, 2022
Become a wage slave and try again another year man. Also, don't care much about what others say, if you are a loser or not, only you will have to deal whit the consequences.

Reactions: TakeMeBack07 and Enemy of Evolution
O

Onw9

I want to feel like I feel when i'm asleep
Jun 19, 2022
Holy shit im kinda in the same position as you. Took a exam to get in a gov college and im nowhere in the merit list didn't even bother to look where I was. I haven't told my parents but they'll know results are out. I need to end it already im just continuing this suffering for no good reason don't even have will to do anything.
Gonna get called a loser again but this will end soon, no more losing

• Aww..
Reactions: StolenLife, Enemy of Evolution and Doom
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
If you will have a chance to try again, there might be ways to do research or study beforehand. There may be helpful material on the internet. I imagine coming in with no knowledge would set anyone up to fail. Also, if your parents are unsupportive when the chips are down, they are the losers. Parents are supposed to set their offspring up to face the world, not to destroy them with absurd expectations.

• Informative
Reactions: ncmxm, StolenLife, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 1 other person
Brew

Brew

Professional Jaywalker
Nov 8, 2021
FUCK TESTS AND FUCK THE FACT YOU HAD TO GO THROUGH THIS SHIT. I'M SO SORRY
DON'T THINK YOU'RE A FAILURE BECAUSE OF THIS, YOU'LL HAVE ANOTHER SHOT

Reactions: Unsolved, StolenLife, Enemy of Evolution and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
This life certainly can be very disappointing, and of course when things in life just continue to go wrong it can be so frustrating and awful. I guess that some people are just destined to suffer more than others in life, there really is nothing fair about life in any way. Your feelings of wishing to be gone are understandable, as it's dreadful knowing that more endless misery lies ahead in the future, but I wish you the best.

Reactions: Anon1337
R

Regen

I stay in my power
Aug 20, 2020
Oh no, I am sorry. Do you know what was the problem? Some kind of tests, knowledge, social talk? Maybe you had bad results because of your mental health? Can you do the Exam a second time? Or for another section of the government? Can you be better prepared for the next time?

Sometimes it is better not get what you want first, because the second thing ist much better in retrospektive. But yes, you never know in this moment. I am really sorry for you!

That your dad called you a loser is absolutly not okay. Parents who call their kids stuff like that are asholes. I hope you find a way to get distance between you and them!!

Reactions: Enemy of Evolution
E

Enemy of Evolution

Nov 9, 2022
Today I took an exam to get a job at government (in the country where I live, you can only get a decent job working for the government) and I failed miserably. The worst part is that I didn't imagine my score would go so badly, but when the result came out I was disappointed , even though I had very low expectations. Yeah, life always surprises me negatively, no matter how pessimistic I am.
I don't even know how to tell my parents, I'm tired of giving them bad news, my dad already called me a loser once and it's true, but I'm not entirely to blame for that either.

I'll never get a good job. I will either become a wage slave or I kill myself and I sure as hell i would rather take a bullet in the head than become a slave to some greedy boss.

Tonight I'll get drunk, trying to cope.
Seems like every house story of India. Here competition is literally cut throat. The way people are preparing for examination and sacrificing everything, it's like watching an automated machine of self perpetuation.

Going round and round and round. Study--Get job-- Marry---Have kids--Make them study---they get job. This cycle goes on and on for many generation.

Unsolved

Unsolved

~You drew stars around my scars~
Aug 13, 2023
This is what exam phases feel like when you're in school/uni. Especially if you're too exhausted by everything to even think about studying while trying to keep up an at least decent appearance.

I wish you all the best for the future if you're still out there somewhere.