Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
For this entire semester, the amount of times I slept on my campus dorm is 1. Only 1

Despite having to literally walk on eggshells around my brother and live in fear, I choose to sleep in my room at home everyday. I treat my school life like a commuter than a dorm student. And so today, I told my dad I'm considering moving back home

It's a waste of money staying home and not utilizing an expensive form thats over 8,000 dollars per semester. Its just not financially viable especially if I don't use it

I hope that when I get my degree and start working a real job, I can be in a better place to move. But I don't think its time....

• Hugs
Reactions: Sannti, HighFlight and tarquinn95
tarquinn95

tarquinn95

Nov 1, 2023
I don't think you've failed anyone. You should always be where you are most comfortable. Sorry you don't seem to get on with your brother, that must be hard.

P

PanaxMan

Student
Apr 11, 2023
For this entire semester, the amount of times I slept on my campus dorm is 1. Only 1

Despite having to literally walk on eggshells around my brother and live in fear, I choose to sleep in my room at home everyday. I treat my school life like a commuter than a dorm student. And so today, I told my dad I'm considering moving back home

It's a waste of money staying home and not utilizing an expensive form thats over 8,000 dollars per semester. Its just not financially viable especially if I don't use it

I hope that when I get my degree and start working a real job, I can be in a better place to move. But I don't think its time....
Fuck degrees, its just a piece of paper that 60% of people never pay back anyway

• Yay!
Reactions: Water-Lily
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
I agree with @tarquinn95. You haven't failed anyone. As a father who went through almost this exact situation, it was better when my son came clean and told us how he felt.

He started his freshman year in the dorm, but rarely stayed there. With just a few weeks left in the semester, he came to us and said he wasn't passing any classes, he didn't like the school and was miserable. We worked together to create a new plan. He dropped that school and took a semester off. He's nearing completion of an associate degree, and is looking to transfer to continue working towards his bachelor degree.

I don't see anything he did as failing anyone. It was an expensive learning experience. But he's on a track that he's more comfortable with.

Honest works well in these situations and I hope your father would appreciate that. You haven't failed him or yourself. You just learned something about yourself. Wishing you all the best.

Reactions: tarquinn95 and Water-Lily