T

trufflydummy

TheLastSun
Oct 13, 2023
It's so good but so risky
I have to do it in the open, when I'm alone, I can't sneak a bottle away from our bar downstairs they'll notice.
I thought about asking my dad for antidepressants, just to genuinely get better
But
I know I can't, he'd ask why, he'd wonder what's going on and I just can't take it
So I drink to feel buzzed enough to not remember for a while. To put on some soft songs and feel at peace. To shut off my devices except for my iPad (which plays the music) and try to relax.
It's sadly become one of my only coping mechanisms.

• Hugs
Reactions: doormat25 and Anon7b8
J

jackrussell023

Oct 31, 2023
It's so good but so risky
I have to do it in the open, when I'm alone, I can't sneak a bottle away from our bar downstairs they'll notice.
I thought about asking my dad for antidepressants, just to genuinely get better
But
I know I can't, he'd ask why, he'd wonder what's going on and I just can't take it
So I drink to feel buzzed enough to not remember for a while. To put on some soft songs and feel at peace. To shut off my devices except for my iPad (which plays the music) and try to relax.
It's sadly become one of my only coping mechanisms.
Yeah, I drink to get the buzz but primarily to escape. Over the last month I've been drinking up to 10 standard drinks a day as it's easier than dealing with life in general and work shit. Accepting that perhaps I'm an alcoholic isn't easy as life's shit it worse.

I'm with you re it being one of my primary coping mechanisms.

• Hugs
Reactions: doormat25 and Anon7b8
A

Anon7b8

Experienced
Aug 21, 2023
Same here. Sometimes a good buzz really takes a ton of shit off of your head and chest.