underscore_nine

underscore_nine

the sweet release
Feb 17, 2023
i've been depressed for sometime, finally cut the last few friends i had left out of my life. i don't want to get better and be happy again. I would rather be depressed to motivate me to ctb eventually. for the last several years i've felt nothing and when im depressed i feel something, i want to make things really really bad in a sense torturing myself to death by ruining my mental state until i can't take it anymore and die. i broke up with my girlfriend, blocked friends, avoid everyone irl, i haven't spoke out loud in days. I need more though, i was considering decreasing the amount of sleep i get from 8.5 hours to 6 which usually makes me feel like shit.. any other suggestions? thanks

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lain_iwa, MelancholyGirl, worthIess and 18 others
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
You sound like you're struggling with feeling like you have to "prove yourself" to ctb and you don't. Imo the ideal way is to plan and have everything ready for an emergency bad situation, why subject yourself to a slow degradation? Unless you have some sort of self-worth issue and think you deserve pain, but I believe nobody deserves self-inflicted pain.

Reactions: nightmare_moon
underscore_nine

underscore_nine

the sweet release
Feb 17, 2023
You sound like you're struggling with feeling like you have to "prove yourself" to ctb and you don't. Imo the ideal way is to plan and have everything ready for an emergency bad situation, why subject yourself to a slow degradation? Unless you have some sort of self-worth issue and think you deserve pain, but I believe nobody deserves self-inflicted pain.
i hate myself more than anyone else ever will. i hate physical pain but mentally destroying myself until i die sounds like something i deserve. my family hates me, im disgusting, i don't deserve to just be able to leave this world without suffering first

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
i hate myself more than anyone else ever will. i hate physical pain but mentally destroying myself until i die sounds like something i deserve. my family hates me, im disgusting, i don't deserve to just be able to leave this world without suffering first
I mean... sounds like you're already suffering plenty. Otherwise you wouldn't be on a suicide forum lol.

underscore_nine

underscore_nine

the sweet release
Feb 17, 2023
I mean... sounds like you're already suffering plenty. Otherwise you wouldn't be on a suicide forum lol.
it can always get worse and that's my intention, i want to make it so much worse

enstarve

enstarve

Louelle
Dec 11, 2023
Cutting sleep and meals short is a good way to start ruining yourself if thats what you really aim for that! Try smoking cigarettes or alcoholism if you havent already. In a similar situation currently, its a joyful (in a more twisted way) ride, to have control over the ruin you hold above your head.

underscore_nine

underscore_nine

the sweet release
Feb 17, 2023
Cutting sleep and meals short is a good way to start ruining yourself if thats what you really aim for that! Try smoking cigarettes or alcoholism if you havent already. In a similar situation currently, its a joyful (in a more twisted way) ride, to have control over the ruin you hold above your head.
thank you, im excited start :)

Reactions: enstarve
meltskelt

meltskelt

who?
Aug 11, 2023
I get what you are feeling ( maybe?) - It's like we need a push to end things once and for all. To be honest I migth also do the same as you are doing now

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I relate. I don't want to get better either. And, besides, what, am I supposed to get better so that I appreciate being used as a wage slave or that I "chose" to want to continue working and suffering? I don't even need to sabotage myself here as I lack the necessary skills to function as an adult anyway which should lead to my eventual death. Though I guess not working to gain these necessary skills is like a sabotage, not that I care anymore as I never wanted to play the game to begin with

Reuthry

Reuthry

I just want a way out.
Dec 16, 2023
Yeah I also don't want to get better. I actually want to get worse so I can ctb sooner.

darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
i've been depressed for sometime, finally cut the last few friends i had left out of my life. i don't want to get better and be happy again. I would rather be depressed to motivate me to ctb eventually. for the last several years i've felt nothing and when im depressed i feel something, i want to make things really really bad in a sense torturing myself to death by ruining my mental state until i can't take it anymore and die. i broke up with my girlfriend, blocked friends, avoid everyone irl, i haven't spoke out loud in days. I need more though, i was considering decreasing the amount of sleep i get from 8.5 hours to 6 which usually makes me feel like shit.. any other suggestions? thanks
I hear you. I keep having these same thoughts. The happy/sad thing is just a big see saw and I want to get off the ride altogether. 💔

F

fxxhan175

Jan 7, 2024
I saw a meme once that was like "I have a twisted, clinical fascination with seeing exactly how bad it can get" and that feels like my life right now because it's like I'm actively doing things to make my situation worse so that I can finally have a huge mental break, override my SI and finally ctb. Because it's gotten to a point where I've destroyed myself beyond return that no meds, no therapy, no amount of love from friends or family can keep me here. I'm acting solely via impulses right now and it almost feels like a huge relief that I don't have to put up an act anymore for anybody and that soon none of this is going to matter.

Reactions: Tears in Rain
underscore_nine

underscore_nine

the sweet release
Feb 17, 2023
I saw a meme once that was like "I have a twisted, clinical fascination with seeing exactly how bad it can get" and that feels like my life right now because it's like I'm actively doing things to make my situation worse so that I can finally have a huge mental break, override my SI and finally ctb. Because it's gotten to a point where I've destroyed myself beyond return that no meds, no therapy, no amount of love from friends or family can keep me here. I'm acting solely via impulses right now and it almost feels like a huge relief that I don't have to put up an act anymore for anybody and that soon none of this is going to matter.
that's really sad, i'm sorry to hear that, i don't know what to say

M

matt1968

Student
Nov 6, 2023
I am doing something like this too.

I think for me it's low self-esteem. But also because I think I've got off the floor so many times to start again with life, that I can't take anymore.

It's a cliche but if it was a boxing contest, the towel would have been thrown in a while back. In the absence of that, perhaps I've stood up knowing I'll be pumelled till it's clear.

I send you my best wishes.

Galatic_caty

Galatic_caty

Jan 9, 2024
I have same thoughts, but, at least in my case, after doing self-sabotaging things i feel empty inside... even when i have thrown away all my documents and my phone i didn't cry, wasn't even sad. Rather i felt... dread?
I personally don't think that this is best idea of making yourself to cbt, but i would suggest to spend all of your money and don't go to work, if you are going to. If you will come back to work, then, perhaps, there are still things that you enjoy.
If you want to completely ruin your life you may take credit without any chance of repaying it. That way you may feel fear of deadline for credit.
I dont think decreasing sleep time will help you to cbt. Yeah, you will feel worse, but also even more tired than before.
I am new here so its... kinda hard to give you valid suggestions since i am worried about you, but i think you already had enough of those worries.
And sorry for bad english :_D

Angel of Spades

Angel of Spades

barely keeping it together
May 23, 2023
Decreasing sleep for sure, maybe even altering your sleep schedule so that it's nocturnal to reduce exposure to other people, light, the outdoors (oh right stay inside for sure). Being up alone at night is sure to get the wheels turning, and sleep deprivation will speed up the mental distress.

Cutting off communication was a good idea, cutting off other basic needs such as eating may also help. Otherwise I'd suggest triggering yourself with things that bother you, or overstimulating yourself. For example if there's music you hate, blast it into your ears. If there are things that make you think of people or make your emotionally devastated, pursue those avenues. I personally have been through a lot of emotional turmoil due to losing people I loved, and that's been my driving motivator.

If you want to put in the effort, you could also make more friends only to push them away harshly and watch them treat you like shit before cutting you off. But, that comes with the issue that you'd be hurting them, too, for basically no reason, so I don't really suggest that one.

Other than that just marinate on this forum. Reading others' thoughts and motivations may help you come to your own conclusions and push you to think about what you've been through that would appropriately influence wanting to CTB.

jatty

jatty

zero emotional regulation
Nov 13, 2023
I don't want to get better either. My troubles are incurable and while I technically could get "better," I just.. don't want to. Too much effort. That's literally it. I am tired. So tired. I think people underestimate me when I say that because they haven't experienced such constant unending exhaustion.

Imagine having to do a exam that dictates your entire future but for the past year you have only been getting one hour of sleep each day and you can hardly even remember the material.
And you've been trying to get help but it never works out because your too tired to get helped. Yea. That's what I feel like constantly.

They say that other people can't do the work for you and only you can change yourself. I guess I'm not changing any time soon then.

Princess_Kitty

Princess_Kitty

Lost kitty
Jan 4, 2024
Looks like a lot of us don't want to get better, I certainly don't either. I've been depressed for so long that I don't know what happiness feels like. It's almost like I'm afraid to be happy only for that happiness to get destroyed. So, I'd rather stick to staying depressed and suicidal. Something that I'm good at.

Reactions: divinemistress36
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
Because of debilitating physical problems I can't get better even if I wanted to. My body won't let me. You mentioned sleep deprivation. I have 4 sleep diseases and I can attest to the fact that not getting adequate sleep is definitely something that could put you over the edge. I live with it everyday. I don't have a choice. Sleep issues are my number one driver for wanting to ctb. My life is over and I'm fucked no matter what I do.

• Aww..
Reactions: divinemistress36