i would like to

i would like to

existing is exhausting
Sep 29, 2023
I'm already 18 and turning 19 this year. I'm a college student, a nursing student. Midterms are next week, and I'm so stressed out because I haven't been studying. It's stressing me out because I have the mindset of 'why do I need to study? I'll die anyway.' What's wrong with me? I really hate myself for being like this.

If I fail my classes, I'll have to switch majors, but the problem is I don't know what course I should switch to, and it's stressing me out even more. I only chose nursing because I didn't have anything else in mind, and I believed that choosing nursing would help me become more social, conquer my anxiety, and be more active at school. However, I haven't changed at all, and choosing nursing feels like one of my biggest mistakes.

I do enjoy some of my subjects, except for biochemistry and math, and I'm not getting along with my classmates right now. I still can't figure out what course I should pursue. I guess I need some suggestions.
ヘ⁠(⁠。⁠□⁠°⁠)⁠ヘ

Reactions: hevlalab
hevlalab

hevlalab

Take me back in time
Sep 14, 2023
Hey I'm a nursing student too or at least I was up until May. I'm on temporary leave right now as my mental health got absolutely destroyed during placement. I'm expected to go back next March to pick up where I left off but honestly I don't plan on going back. Instead I plan to CTB because I feel like a failure and I ruined my life. I wouldn't say picking nursing was the biggest mistake of my life, rather that type of placement I received with awful doctors and nurses that treated me horribly.

Do you have any interests outside of nursing? There are similar careers with a caring aspect like social work or counselling etc

• Love
Reactions: i would like to
i would like to

i would like to

existing is exhausting
Sep 29, 2023
Hey I'm a nursing student too or at least I was up until May. I'm on temporary leave right now as my mental health got absolutely destroyed during placement. I'm expected to go back next March to pick up where I left off but honestly I don't plan on going back. Instead I plan to CTB because I feel like a failure and I ruined my life. I wouldn't say picking nursing was the biggest mistake of my life, rather that type of placement I received with awful doctors and nurses that treated me horribly.

Do you have any interests outside of nursing? There are similar careers with a caring aspect like social work or counselling etc.
I don't know, I just don't want to go to school, that's all I know. I'm not really interested in nursing or careers with caring aspects; I just chose nursing because I thought studying anatomy was interesting.