BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
The couple of friends I have left are out of town and my family is horrible and doesn't even exist anymore so I'll be alone on the holidays. I even looked for churches and other places where I could go but found nothing. It seems like everyone else has family. It's been like this for a long time and it didn't used to bother me but for some reason this time it really hurts. Having such a toxic shitty family is one of my many reasons to ctb.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Joarga, Immensevoid, february in alaska and 1 other person
february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
I know it's definitely not the same, but I'm sure a lot of people feel similarly... even if it's not on this site specifically, there's probably online communities where people would love to chat or hang out together during Christmas to keep their mind off of it. I hope things improve for you. Being alone sucks, but feeling alone is straight up awful

Reactions: Joarga and Immensevoid
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Just think how mentally exhausting it would be, to have be so fake around so many people. At least that's what works for me. I would give anything to be able to watch a marathon of Christmas movies in peaceful solitude, but this year I'm cursed with having to congregate with family at my brother's house with all of his fake friends and his children's bratty little friends. I wish someone would kill me now so I don't have to go.

Reactions: Life'sA6itch and Immensevoid
The Silly Sluggy

The Silly Sluggy

Nobody to anybody.
Nov 18, 2023
Hey, I may not know what it feels like but I've been there a lot in similar situations... if it helps, I could be here for you on Christmas, wish you a merry Christmas and all that, or maybe you could contact someone on here that would also help in someway ^^ I hope the path gets smoother for you

Reactions: Immensevoid
L

Life'sA6itch

Student
Oct 29, 2023
The couple of friends I have left are out of town and my family is horrible and doesn't even exist anymore so I'll be alone on the holidays. I even looked for churches and other places where I could go but found nothing. It seems like everyone else has family. It's been like this for a long time and it didn't used to bother me but for some reason this time it really hurts. Having such a toxic shitty family is one of my many reasons to ctb.
I'm a true introvert, I never feel alone or lonely and gain energy from being alone. I do understand not everyone is like me and that I may be a minority or weirdo. However, would you feel lonely or alone if you went to a shelter and volunteered for part of the holiday? If you're in a military town, how about hosting some service members who may be in the same boat? How about just binge watching something and having a backup if the first choice doesn't work out? As for family, mine drove me to my 1st suicide attempt on the night of my 13th birthday. Still chasing a good method years later. Nevertheless, glad AF I don't have the hassles on the holidays that many do.

Reactions: Immensevoid