sillymafia

sillymafia

im not a violent dog, i dont know why i bite
Feb 24, 2023
my mother confronted me once again and asked if i wanted to quit college, i didnt wanna talk to her and simply said "i dont know" and she asked me what i would do with my life if i decide to drop out and i didn't even know how to respond, i dont wanna drop out but i also dont wanna study or work or live and i dont have the motivation most days to do what used to bring me joy i cant draw i cant play videogames cant talk to my friends sometimes because everything overwhelms me i cant even get up im not able to make genuine human connection anymore all of it makes me so exausted i dont even have the energy to ctb i wish i could pass suddeny in my sleep i dont want to do anything anymore

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: DeecyTee, kitty_kat, Smelly_ballz and 2 others
steppenwolf

steppenwolf

Not a student
Oct 25, 2023
There's no point being in college unless you're doing something that inspires you and which you look forward to getting out of bed for. It's perfectly normal not to know what you want to do with your life. Lots of people don't know what to do with their lives, and even live long lives without ever finding out. I find that focusing on other people's problems - and they have lots of them - is a helpful distraction from my own private despair of life.

Reactions: sillymafia
D1byRam3n

D1byRam3n

Trying to escape from cruel reality
Nov 14, 2023
I feel i kinda related to this, I think? But yeah life is sucks when we're don't know what we've wanted to do with our life...

sillymafia

sillymafia

im not a violent dog, i dont know why i bite
Feb 24, 2023
There's no point being in college unless you're doing something that inspires you and which you look forward to getting out of bed for. It's perfectly normal not to know what you want to do with your life. Lots of people don't know what to do with their lives, and even live long lives without ever finding out. I find that focusing on other people's problems - and they have lots of them - is a helpful distraction from my own private despair of life.
ty for the advice, i truly do love art (wjat im majoring in) and i wanna keep going but its sometimes so exhausting with the preassure i put on myself
w the second tip its nice that it works for u and thx for the advice again but for me thinking of others problems, esp my friends caused me so much emotional turmoil, i think its hyperempathy or something that everytime my friends vent about their problems or trauma talk i get such a gutteral reaction i wanna throw up and curl up and cry idk why i just do, its caused a lot of moments of isolation where i can't even talk to them for days and it leads me to more toughts like being a horrible friend for not being able to handle things like that, but if it works for u im happy, thnx for repliyng

steppenwolf

steppenwolf

Not a student
Oct 25, 2023
ty for the advice, i truly do love art (wjat im majoring in) and i wanna keep going but its sometimes so exhausting with the preassure i put on myself
w the second tip its nice that it works for u and thx for the advice again but for me thinking of others problems, esp my friends caused me so much emotional turmoil, i think its hyperempathy or something that everytime my friends vent about their problems or trauma talk i get such a gutteral reaction i wanna throw up and curl up and cry idk why i just do, its caused a lot of moments of isolation where i can't even talk to them for days and it leads me to more toughts like being a horrible friend for not being able to handle things like that, but if it works for u im happy, thnx for repliyng
No problem. Thank you for your kind faith. Focusing on other people's problems doesn't mean you have to take them on yourself. But dishing out objective free advice is easy and costs nothing, and even if it doesn't help anyone, it distracts you from your own pain for just that little while. We're only human, we only try to show kindness. Sometimes we succeed and it's a thing of joy. But we don't have to feel like opening our veins when we fail more often than not.

Stick with the art. You don't even have to be any good at it, you just have to love doing it.

Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
I feel the same,
It has been instilled in us that we must contribute something to this world, that we must study, work hard and be successful... but this society does not take into account those who will simply never fit into anything, who will not be able to be a cog in the machine or who They simply cannot help maintain the system.

Life is getting more difficult and it is one of the reasons why I want CTB