J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
no point to try to fight it. It's coming for all of us anyway whether bacteria, insect, animal, humans etc. It's coming so why try to deny it to those that don't want to be here? What is the point to fight it. There isn't, we all will end.

• Hugs
Reactions: ShornSoloists, ihatemylife, pthnrdnojvsc and 4 others
B

Beached_whale

Jul 9, 2021
True. And I may miss out on things but whether I die now or afterwards it won't make a difference in the end right?

Reactions: ShornSoloists, ihatemylife, Pisceslilith and 1 other person
J

Journeytoletgo

May 14, 2018
True. And I may miss out on things but whether I die now or afterwards it won't make a difference in the end right?
Honestly it all comes down to perspective. If you found your life more pleasurable I would see no reason to hasten up death. However if you found your life based on perspective less pleasurable then it's reasonable to end oneself for physical pain or based on emotional mental pain and both. How pleasurable life is based on ones experience and perspective.

B

Beached_whale

Jul 9, 2021
Honestly it all comes down to perspective. If you found your life more pleasurable I would see no reason to hasten up death. However if you found your life based on perspective less pleasurable then it's reasonable to end oneself for physical pain or based on emotional mental pain and both. How pleasurable life is based on ones experience and perspective.

True. But if your life is painful and not pleasurable then how long will you wait and how much effort will you exert and how many potential remedies will you try to try to reverse that before throwing in the towel? That is the question.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
Death is the end to all we know that exists. It symbolises and truly is the end of the world for us as we exist in it. There is not much of a big difference between for example knowing you will ctb tomorrow or that the sun will explode and in the shockwave of its explosion earth and the solar system will disappear in matter of seconds. Both of these events are one and the same to when it comes to our end. Now Imagine if the second scenario is true!!

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Beached_whale
J

Journeytoletgo

May 14, 2018
Death is the end to all we know that exists. It symbolises and truly is the end of the world for us as we exist in it. There is not much of a big difference between for example knowing you will ctb tomorrow or that the sun will explode and in the shockwave of its explosion earth and the solar system will disappear in matter of seconds. Both of these events are one and the same to when it comes to our end. Now Imagine if the second scenario is true!!
Yeah imagine IF the second scenario is true? That entails living again under unknown conditions. Is that what you mean? If so YIKES!

Last edited:
Reactions: Snake of Eden
T

toforigivelife

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2021
I have never understood the desperate clinging to life.

If you're healthy, financially sound, not someone who would venture onto SS - I guess I see the desire to live.

But, dear lord, the way people desperately cling to this temporary state with all of its limitations and terrifying variables no matter the circumstances...don't get. I have never understood it.

• Hugs
Reactions: ShornSoloists, pthnrdnojvsc, Beached_whale and 1 other person
J

Journeytoletgo

May 14, 2018
I have never understood the desperate clinging to life.

If you're healthy, financially sound, not someone who would venture onto SS - I guess I see the desire to live.

But, dear lord, the way people desperately cling to this temporary state with all of its limitations and terrifying variables no matter the circumstances...don't get. I have never understood it.
Yes I mean everyone has their own individual perspective. But my goodness looking outside of that nature is scary and knowing everything has it's end. This place scares me

Reactions: toforigivelife
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Death is inevitable, there is no escaping it. We will all be forgotten eventually, our lives do not matter. Life is essentially meaningless, and while death comforts me it does anger me that we suffer so much simply for the sake of it. It's why I see a right to die as important, it is cruel how society insists that we must live even if we are suffering.

• Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo
T

toforigivelife

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2021
Yes I mean everyone has their own individual perspective. But my goodness looking outside of that nature is scary and knowing everything has it's end. This place scares me
You hear these stories, "My arm was ripped off, I lost an eye, I have brain damage and I'll be paralyzed from the waist down for the rest of my life - but thank God I survived!!!"

Huh?

Are we that afraid of the next natural step of death?

Reactions: Beached_whale and pthnrdnojvsc
J

Journeytoletgo

May 14, 2018
You hear these stories, "My arm was ripped off, I lost an eye, I have brain damage and I'll be paralyzed from the waist down for the rest of my life - but thank God I survived!!!"

Huh?

Are we that afraid of the next natural step of death?
Makes you wonder. What is there to fear really? It all ends, know one can escape it. Stop fighting it. At least that's what I been telling myself

Reactions: Beached_whale and toforigivelife
T

toforigivelife

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2021
Makes you wonder. What is there to fear really? It all ends, know one can escape it. Stop fighting it. At least that's what I been telling myself
And those who have come close to death reassure us again and again that death is not to be feared.

It's fine if you're not actively trying to die but we've got to get a better perspective and a better philosophy as far as the inevitability of life coming to an end.

I'm guess there are lucky people who have a zest for living, I personally don't think any hell could compare with this life and this world.

• Hugs
Reactions: Snake of Eden and Journeytoletgo
J

Journeytoletgo

May 14, 2018
And those who have come close to death reassure us again and again that death is not to be feared.

It's fine if you're not actively trying to die but we've got to get a better perspective and a better philosophy as far as the inevitability of life coming to an end.

I'm guess there are lucky people who have a zest for living, I personally don't think any hell could compare with this life and this world.
Yeah this world and nature is awfully scary, everything devours everything based on instinct and survival. I agree some are lucky. It's all just awfully random and there is no escape from the end that we all meet . It's awful to think about altogether and more