N

Nomoretimerqd78

Feb 6, 2022
Hi all. I am new to this forum, infact new to forums full stop.

I am struggling to cope in my life, everything has gone wrong once again and i really have had enough of "living".

I was in a relationship for 10 years with someone who i thought was my soulmate. Really, she was the best thing ever to happen to me, i thought. We moved away together 3 years ago, i gave up the best job of my life, i thought i was totally comiiting to her and vice versa.

In april last year she sat me down and told me how much she loved me, and she wanted a baby with me. I have struggled with the concept of being a dad all my life, due to an unhappy childhood. That is why i left it so long ..i am 43. But i felt the time was right, and i loved her so much, i said yes, and we cried together on the sofa and set a date for the end of the year.

She wss so warm and loving throughout our relationship. But then a month later, she ended it wkth me out of the blue, by letter...saying she had changed her mind and had had doubts about the relationship for 3 years. I was just recovering from covid, and was immensly stressed at work due to a recent promotion, but she chose this exact moment to hand me this letter and then refused to explain or talk about it, she was just distant. She wouldnt tell me how come we had moved here together if she had dpubts then? Why she asked me for a baby? Why we were constantly loving and affectionate if there were thrse doubts? She never has since.

Next day she removed all photos from me and left the houze, when i came down stairs and saw that i was being deleted i just went to pieces, i lost it comletly, i threw up. I knrw i could make it to work, i had to text my boss as i couldnt even talk.

I then did the worst thing and drank, she came back and we had a yelling match. She called the police and i was taken away and dumped in a different town. Like she was the victim, i could not believe it.

Next day all my things were outside the house. She refuses to talk and has blocked me on all levels, totally discarded. She replied to a cpuple of my emails with no answers, just "get over it". After 10 years.. thats all i am worth?

I have since been arrested for harrasment as i went to the house to try and find out why this was happening, and i emailed her after she told me not to.

I was arrested at work and have lost my promotion and job, totally humiliating.

I have since fpund out she was cheating on me. Yet it is me who has lost everytbing and am being treated like the agressor.

Overnight she turned into someone i do not recognise at all, after 10 years and it has destroyed me.

That was all in the early summer last year. I have not recoverered, not recieved any answers. I am convinced she is a narcasist.

Any way, i am done. I have no job, my career is gone, the woman i loved with every part of my being has turned into something utterly unrecognisable.

I just want out now.

Sorry for the rant. I dont need to hear "time heals" etc ect. This time i will never trust anyone again. Not ever.

Just want to find a good way to go.

Thanks for listening to my misery!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: som1, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Julgran and 7 others
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
Very sad story but you are not to blame. Love is amazing but can really gut us if it goes wrong. There's no guarantees in love. sometimes it ends quickly and sometimes it is forevermore until we die.

F

forgetme

Feb 2, 2022
I'm so sorry for your pain and struggles. I wish you peace

Reactions: demuic
R

raghu1977

Nerd
Jan 29, 2022
I am really sorry about this my friend. This is totally horrendous.

And yes - I have had something similar happen to me. However - when I found my wife cheating on me - I just walked out. I was extremely generous with alimony, let her have the house etc; which was probably foolish of me.

But I really wanted the b1tch out of my life asap.

While she is not the reason I want to ctb, she has contributed in her own small way.

Anyway - I've decided to have the time of my life before I ctb. That's why I avoid thinking of her. And when she did tried to contact me - I told her to bugger off.

Also - cancelled all insurance policies, spending all my money on fun stuff. That way the b1tch gets absolutely nothing after I ctb.

PS: sorry for the French. Not sure about policies here, but will edit out the b word if I offend someone

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: whatevs, demuic, AtMostOkay and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry you had to go through all this, some people can just be so cruel. I understand why you would be devastated after having that experience. I know it can be unbearable when everything is hopeless. I think it is true that you cannot really trust people. I wish you the best in whatever happens.

Reactions: som1 and demuic
Sister of the Moon

Sister of the Moon

Student
Dec 17, 2021
Sorry for your situation. I'm sure many here can relate.
Relationship problems are one of my main reasons for suicidal ideation.

Reactions: som1
P

PDAnnie2610

Waiting for my bus.
Oct 27, 2019
Hi all. I am new to this forum, infact new to forums full stop.

I am struggling to cope in my life, everything has gone wrong once again and i really have had enough of "living".

I was in a relationship for 10 years with someone who i thought was my soulmate. Really, she was the best thing ever to happen to me, i thought. We moved away together 3 years ago, i gave up the best job of my life, i thought i was totally comiiting to her and vice versa.

In april last year she sat me down and told me how much she loved me, and she wanted a baby with me. I have struggled with the concept of being a dad all my life, due to an unhappy childhood. That is why i left it so long ..i am 43. But i felt the time was right, and i loved her so much, i said yes, and we cried together on the sofa and set a date for the end of the year.

She wss so warm and loving throughout our relationship. But then a month later, she ended it wkth me out of the blue, by letter...saying she had changed her mind and had had doubts about the relationship for 3 years. I was just recovering from covid, and was immensly stressed at work due to a recent promotion, but she chose this exact moment to hand me this letter and then refused to explain or talk about it, she was just distant. She wouldnt tell me how come we had moved here together if she had dpubts then? Why she asked me for a baby? Why we were constantly loving and affectionate if there were thrse doubts? She never has since.

Next day she removed all photos from me and left the houze, when i came down stairs and saw that i was being deleted i just went to pieces, i lost it comletly, i threw up. I knrw i could make it to work, i had to text my boss as i couldnt even talk.

I then did the worst thing and drank, she came back and we had a yelling match. She called the police and i was taken away and dumped in a different town. Like she was the victim, i could not believe it.

Next day all my things were outside the house. She refuses to talk and has blocked me on all levels, totally discarded. She replied to a cpuple of my emails with no answers, just "get over it". After 10 years.. thats all i am worth?

I have since been arrested for harrasment as i went to the house to try and find out why this was happening, and i emailed her after she told me not to.

I was arrested at work and have lost my promotion and job, totally humiliating.

I have since fpund out she was cheating on me. Yet it is me who has lost everytbing and am being treated like the agressor.

Overnight she turned into someone i do not recognise at all, after 10 years and it has destroyed me.

That was all in the early summer last year. I have not recoverered, not recieved any answers. I am convinced she is a narcasist.

Any way, i am done. I have no job, my career is gone, the woman i loved with every part of my being has turned into something utterly unrecognisable.

I just want out now.

Sorry for the rant. I dont need to hear "time heals" etc ect. This time i will never trust anyone again. Not ever.

Just want to find a good way to go.

Thanks for listening to my misery!
Not all women are like her. I'm not gonna say time heals but I hope you can come to a place of peace soon.

Methods abound, depending on individual preferences. There's plenty of methods megathreads for references within the forum.

I've also lost my partner who just plain ghosted me and moved on. His mom remained as a friend, wanting to be decent in spite of her son's abandonment. I struggle to believe that others won't do the same too and I'm waiting for other shoe to drop from her.

Many of us are happy to support each other. Take care, and peace be with you.

Reactions: raghu1977
N

Nomoretimerqd78

Feb 6, 2022
Hi all.

Thank you for reading and your replies and kind words.

Life only seems to get harder.

dreadpirateroberts69

dreadpirateroberts69

RRREEEEEEE (she/her)
Nov 4, 2021
After 10 years especially, I don't blame you for feeling this way. How absolutely devastating. Welcome, sorry you're here, and I hope you can find the peace you're searching for.

davidgeorge

davidgeorge

Experienced
Dec 21, 2021
Hey '78. Your feelings are understandable. You sound like an intelligent and thoughtful person; two of my favourite attributes in humans

S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
It never was love. Humans use each other for resources and always drop people on a moments notice

When the oil runs out a lot of the Disney movie concepts about "love" will end . Lots of people in rich countries in for a rude awakening

Reactions: raghu1977 and demuic