Y

Yasuke

Jan 29, 2020
The more I think I about it the more I realize I'm just biding my time until the time is right. I'm never gonna be ok with waking up 6 am in the morning working my ass off only to do it all over again. I don't want to live in a world like this. I don't actually want to die it's a lot of effort and I'm afraid of doing it but I might be more afraid to live in this world knowing I wasted my time in it and suffered.

I just wish suicide was easy or easier but it's something I'm just gonna have to suck up and say today's enough of this bullshit. You might think there is some type of solution other than sucide because that's what we're programmed to do is live as long as we can. Rationally what I'm saying is the best choice for me and I know it i just I wish everything wasn't so hard or depressing.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ð–£´ nadia ð–£´, infinitelove, Rn110bg101 and 22 others
L

lion2000

Oct 27, 2020
AMEN. How did society become a fvcking rat race to earn a dollar? Slave away all day just to do it again the next day. It's probably the biggest thing that's driving me insane consistently and it's hard to escape.....but I've been lucky enough to find work loopholes. I don't have to be in an office so I just work part of the day and do whatever the fuck I want the rest of the day. This is my life, I can't live for other people. It's been pretty liberating to live selfishly. Whatever path you chose, do it for you. If you do decide to continue paying bills and working, there are actually a lot of options that could fit your lifestyle. Personally, I've thought about moving to a much cheaper country and just living on a beach doing tourist gigs (like tours or maybe having/working at some surf rental place)....or working in another country that values actually living and where you don't have to work 40+ hours a week.

again, your choice and you gotta do what's right for you. Just sharing the sentiment and where my head's been at lately. Xo

• Love
Reactions: ð–£´ nadia ð–£´, infinitelove, raindrops and 7 others
everbuzzingone

everbuzzingone

Nov 6, 2020
As a species we have created an overly complicated existence for ourselves and this has become more and more evident as technology and a toxic culture of 'workaholic-ism' has evolved. We're raised and educated in order to work 'the grind' and become good little consumers, none of which is natural and is incredibly unhealthy for our mental health.

You're not alone in how you feel about work and please know that it's not a you problem but a society problem.

• Love
Reactions: ð–£´ nadia ð–£´, infinitelove, SmellyRat and 12 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
For me everything changed in 2014 and 2015, as far as working my self to death. I do not smoke,drink no drugs, nothing and in 2014 i got gall bladder cancer, just lucky I guess, and after chemo and everything in 2015 a person ran a stop sign and I t-boned him and now I have 24/7 chronic pain and if I stay on this planet long enough I will be in a wheelchair. Now up to 2014 work, money, etc and no time off, no nothing. THAT CHANGED 100% after April, 2015. Now I am poor, BUT I can enjoy a warm day when I see others running around to make that money to buy the next fancy car or whatever. It comes down to what makes one happy IN THE LONG TERM. One leaves with what came with and with that said I want to enjoy time and NOT money. Walter

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: not4us, Huntfish34, Ghost2211 and 5 others
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I relate so much to this, honestly if life wasn't just working non stop maybe I wouldn't want to ctb. But ctb just seems like the only option because I don't want to live in a world like this-where we have to wake up everyday and do the same shit all over again and having no free time to do what you actually love

• Love
Reactions: not4us, Huntfish34, Ghost2211 and 6 others
RottenDeer

RottenDeer

Rotten to the core.
Feb 29, 2020
Exactly. I relate completely to that. I personally like my job and I have a nice environment to work in and I am still not okay with the idea to do this for the next 40 years.

Reactions: Huntfish34, Ghost2211, Good4Nothing and 1 other person
P

Pharmaruined

Nobody gets out alive
Sep 10, 2020
The more I think I about it the more I realize I'm just biding my time until the time is right. I'm never gonna be ok with waking up 6 am in the morning working my ass off only to do it all over again. I don't want to live in a world like this. I don't actually want to die it's a lot of effort and I'm afraid of doing it but I might be more afraid to live in this world knowing I wasted my time in it and suffered.

I just wish suicide was easy or easier but it's something I'm just gonna have to suck up and say today's enough of this bullshit. You might think there is some type of solution other than sucide because that's what we're programmed to do is live as long as we can. Rationally what I'm saying is the best choice for me and I know it i just I wish everything wasn't so hard or depressing.

Do u have any internet skills? Go to YouTube and search "not taught at school"
That guy has hundreds of vids on how to make money online... Writing gigs, using Facebook, Fiverr just a few examples.. I've been In internet marketing for 20 years. Thankfully retired now.. but this guy is legit, I was going to mess around with some of it..but don't really have the drive, but if I was broke and needed to, absolutely!

.he gives you all the info and steps for free.. he makes money on the ads.. check it out, some of the methods are suprisingly easy..
Good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost2211 and lion2000
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I came to a realization earlier this year that my feelings towards work won't change. It will never not be a large struggle to complete work. It's not a case of pushing hard to get one project done and then through that success things get easier; work will always require a huge push from me. It sucks but unless my brain can drastically change there's nothing I can really do. I'm not even at an age where much work is expected of me yet but I am already clawing my eyes out over the smallest tasks.

• Love
Reactions: ð–£´ nadia ð–£´, Huntfish34, Ghost2211 and 2 others
T

tidalwave420

Nov 8, 2020
This is one of the main reasons I feel the way I do and just want to be gone. You aren't alone. I feel like a wage slave and I get paralyzing anxiety thinking about the future.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ð–£´ nadia ð–£´, raindrops, Huntfish34 and 3 others
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
If I hadn't qualified for earned Social Security Disability Income and Aid to the Permanently and Totally Disabled in 2002, I probably wouldn't be here now. I would have loved to work at something fulfilling which easily enabled me to make ends meet and allowed regular enjoyable recreation and leisure time, but instead was trapped in demeaning jobs for menial wages and rapidly diminishing benefits with bullying employers.

While I miss what work could have should have been, I do not miss what hard, hard work was for me in reality. I earned my way, but it cost me my body and soul in many respects. At least today I can hide from an abusive society.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ð–£´ nadia ð–£´, SmellyRat, Huntfish34 and 2 others
T

tidalwave420

Nov 8, 2020
If I hadn't qualified for earned Social Security Disability Income and Aid to the Permanently and Totally Disabled in 2002, I probably wouldn't be here now. I would have loved to work at something fulfilling which easily enabled me to make ends meet and allowed regular enjoyable recreation and leisure time, but instead was trapped in demeaning jobs for menial wages and rapidly diminishing benefits with bullying employers.

While I miss what work could have should have been, I do not miss what hard, hard work was for me in reality. I earned my way, but it cost me my body and soul in many respects. At least today I can hide from an abusive society.
I would also have liked to work a fulfilling job but it really sucks that anything I find "fulfilling" doesn't pay for shit and isn't a livable wage. I literally feel like I'm in hell. I want to scream and cry all day long just begging not to exist anymore.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ð–£´ nadia ð–£´, Huntfish34, Ghost2211 and 3 others
Aeathelina

Aeathelina

Little Homeless Girl
Feb 5, 2020
That's a large part of the reason I want to CTB. Being denied Disability due to not going to the doctors has pushed me into to the precipice. Doesn't help My small town only caters to Vets & people with kids first and the shitty health care means that in order to validate my issues I'll have to take on loads of debt.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Huntfish34, Ghost2211, Gnip and 1 other person
L

Lostandlooking

In limbo
Jul 23, 2020
I don't think I can take it either. Not just because it's a grind. But also because the negative effect on my mental and physical health. To the point where I'm barely sleeping anymore because of the stress. I get into a crisis every couple of years because of work related issues. This has been going on for 12 years, but before that experienced lots of trouble at school. I present well though, people still think I've got potential. However, I'm dead tired and don't trust anyone anymore. Dead inside. I applied for disability but there's a good chance it'll be denied. Then it's just a question of 'when' things will go downhill again. At which point I don't think I want to experience that again.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ð–£´ nadia ð–£´, Huntfish34 and Ghost2211
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
It's so meaningless the things we call "work" in this modern society, 90% of the time is just "busy work" akin to digging holes just to fill them and 10% could actually be considered doing anything productive, just looking at the statistics most of the time people are working they are not actually being productive because people can only spend so much time doing something and actually putting effort into it and certainly not 40+hrs of mindless nonsense. We aren't even working for a purpose, it's work to work, just because we've put this notion in place that you need to toil and suffer just to afford food and housing, not even anything special or fancy, just the sheer baseline of existence we now must suffer for even when with today's technology it literally isn't necessary, jobs such as cashiers have the possibility of being eliminated by robots and A.I. but no one wants to do that because then millions of people would be out of jobs and out of a livelihood, when they shouldn't have to be doing this in order to live in the first place.

tl;dr work is dumb

Reactions: ð–£´ nadia ð–£´, not4us, Huntfish34 and 4 others
T

tidalwave420

Nov 8, 2020
As a species we have created an overly complicated existence for ourselves and this has become more and more evident as technology and a toxic culture of 'workaholic-ism' has evolved. We're raised and educated in order to work 'the grind' and become good little consumers, none of which is natural and is incredibly unhealthy for our mental health.

You're not alone in how you feel about work and please know that it's not a you problem but a society problem.
Thank you

Reactions: Huntfish34 and Ghost2211
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
Nailing down disability is a challenge, especially SSDI. In my case, it started at age seven, when I was diagnosed with what was then called Hyperkinetic Reaction of Childhood in 1986's DSM-II (now called Attention Hyperactivity Deficit Disorder) and placed on amphetamines, which was recorded and preserved in my pediatric records now held by the state and federal governments.

Decades later, that designation became all important, because qualifying for SSDI on the grounds of having AD/HD meant being able to prove I had a childhood history of the condition. Check.

On the other end of the application process, I had to be able to document I had lost at least one job because of AD/HD. In fact I did lose a job because of the symptoms and behavior of AD/HD despite alternating on 150 mg Ritalin. Adderall and Dexedrine at the time I was fired for failure of job performance. Between my personnel records from that employer and my psychiatric records at the time I was dismissed from that job, it was an easy slam dunk for the government to establish that my case was justified. Check.

The government also knew I wasn't a deadbeat or freeloader. My Social Security records showed that I had worked two jobs simultaneously three different times in my life. I also broke my foot once on the job, yet collected workman's compensation for only six weeks before returning to work, despite my doctor advising me to take eight weeks off.

I really, REALLY tried, to no avail.

However, since qualifying for disability, I have also aggressively maintained treatment in a futile effort to get better, and continued obtaining additional diagnoses to reinforce ongoing proof that I can't work, or even get hired. (When it comes to job interviews, Asperger's is deadly. I was evaluated for disability by three different neuropsychologists, and all three stated that they would not hire me to work for them based upon my off putting presentation of myself..)

At the time I qualified for SSDI, an applicant for disability had to have paid taxes into the Social Security system for at least 14 years, and I'd done it for over 20 years. The wife of my parent's car mechanic never paid into Social Security, working as her husband's secretary instead, so when she was hit with a series of strokes, she was summarily rejected for disability by the government. If I'd never paid into the system, and worked for myself off the books, I'd likely be similarly screwed now.

Last month, I received wheelchair logo handicap license plates for my car after developing bone spurs in my neck and lower back. I continue documenting additional medical conditions proving I can't work with either my mind or body.
I don't think I can take it either. Not just because it's a grind. But also because the negative effect on my mental and physical health. To the point where I'm barely sleeping anymore because of the stress. I get into a crisis every couple of years because of work related issues. This has been going on for 12 years, but before that experienced lots of trouble at school. I present well though, people still think I've got potential. However, I'm dead tired and don't trust anyone anymore. Dead inside. I applied for disability but there's a good chance it'll be denied. Then it's just a question of 'when' things will go downhill again. At which point I don't think I want to experience that again.

There are law firms which specialize as Social Security Disability Advocates in case you are denied who you might be able to turn to. I did not need any legal assistance, but the boss who retired with me (and remains one of my three best friends) applied for SSDI on grounds of being bipolar at my urging. After she applied, she told me she hired the law firm Binder & Binder to speed up her case, and qualified for SSDI before I did, after B&B took their $1,000 cut out of the first payment. (These legal advocates do not get paid unless you are approved. Their consults are free.)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lostandlooking
ThrownAwayTom

ThrownAwayTom

Experienced
Oct 3, 2020
Yeah I don't know how long I can do it and it's a major part of me wanting to CTB. Ive been working full time ten years but end up falling apart every 2 or 3. I used to get by cos I enjoyed friends or games or the one person I loved.

Now I literally wake up, work, finish work, sit and wait for the next day of work. No enjoyment, just work and wait. Wait and work. Not a life.

• Hugs
Reactions: not4us and Lostandlooking
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
That's a large part of the reason I want to CTB. Being denied Disability due to not going to the doctors has pushed me into to the precipice. Doesn't help My small town only caters to Vets & people with kids first and the shitty health care means that in order to validate my issues I'll have to take on loads of debt.

Have you obtained a free legal consult with a Social Security Disability Advocate law firm? They do not charge for their services or get paid unless you are approved for SSDI. (In my case, I called one of these firms early on in my application process, but they told me they only took cases on appeal after the applicants had first been rejected. As it happened, I never had to appeal any rejections, but this was EXTREMELY unusual.)
Yeah I don't know how long I can do it and it's a major part of me wanting to CTB. Ive been working full time ten years but end up falling apart every 2 or 3. I used to get by cos I enjoyed friends or games or the one person I loved.

Now I literally wake up, work, finish work, sit and wait for the next day of work. No enjoyment, just work and wait. Wait and work. Not a life.

I did not work full time all 20 years I paid into Social Security, and there were a couple years I did not work at all. What the manager at my local Social Security Office told me is that what mattered was that I'd paid a solid amount into the system in at least 14 different calendar years, as their records documented. If you've worked part time in four additional years atop your ten years of full time work, you may have reached the minimum threshold for SSDI eligibility I had to meet when I was approved.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lostandlooking