I

ifeelsobad

Experienced
Aug 23, 2022
I go from being really happy to really sad to really happy again all the time. I'll be really happy and something happens and I just can't help it or stop it. I just want something to be different and I don't know how. I'm all alone I feel all alone I have family and I still feel all alone I can't keep doing this

• Hugs
Reactions: MellowAvenue, wait.what, shulx and 1 other person
shulx

shulx

Wayward spore
Oct 7, 2022
I really wish I could help you, but I'm in the same boat. My emotions feel like a rollercoaster and it's exhausting. I used to feel hopeful when the happy times came, but now I know that the intense sadness is just around the corner.

My wish for you is that the happy periods become longer each time. Sadness is a part of life, but man, we've had enough.

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
I'm not sure if you're asking for advice or just need to vent, but your thread title makes me think you might be open to suggestions.

There are different things that can cause the misery you're experiencing. Do you have a diagnosis at this point? You're not required to have or get one, of course.

Silent.Tears

Silent.Tears

Experienced
Nov 5, 2021
Maybe try talking it out with your family? Getting a proper diagnosis done might help as well, if you are in a position to do so. 🤗 I'm sorry you are suffering

Nirrend

Nirrend

The important is not how long you live ...
Mar 12, 2022
I go from being really happy to really sad to really happy again all the time. I'll be really happy and something happens and I just can't help it or stop it. I just want something to be different and I don't know how. I'm all alone I feel all alone I have family and I still feel all alone I can't keep doing this

Hi sweet @ifeelsobad

I'm sorry you feel this way I understand that you are suffering ❤

I think I see what you are describing, the feeling that our emotions are never stable and swing from everything to nothing, a deep feeling of loneliness, emptiness, despair. The feeling that nothing can ever make us feel complete...

I don't know you, but it could be that what you're experiencing is part of the symptoms that we find in the Borderline personality (identity is at the heart of the matter, the feeling of emptiness, suicidal ideas, emotional instability, intense anger sometimes...). But these symptoms can also be Bipolar-like fluctuations (alternating moods with phases where one feels very good, hyperactive, with a flight of thoughts, a certain euphoria) and suddenly, a deeply depressive phase sets in. And also Depression symptoms. This alternation is exhausting, and leads to despair

For Borderline personalities, the feeling of loneliness and emptiness is at the heart of the problem. The mood is unstable, the person is often plagued by depression and suicidal thoughts, the person may be impulsive (sex, spending money), may feel persecuted or dissociated... In these personnalities, you can be hugged or telled you are loved, you can feel all alone anyway

For Bipolars, exhaustion reigns, regret of actions committed during manic phases too, the impression of not knowing who one is anymore, despair. (These depressive and manic phases can last about 1 week (more or less) each time).

Being bipolar can manifest itself like this: Depression -> Mania/Hypomania -> Depression -> Mania/Hypomania -> Depression.....

It can also be depression, with moments during the day marked by a depressed mood, despair, sadness, exhaustion...

Of course, I'm only suggesting ways for you to understand what's happening to you. But chances are there are many things that explain your feelings!

Trust a health professionel who can diagnose you and don't stop only at what I tell you!

Regarding these feelings, I understand that it is terrible to live... ❤

They can pass with time, with therapy (classical talk but also cognitive-behavioural), with treatments to stabilize the mood, with age, with hypnosis, with meditation...

A member (@Cathy Ames) has already recommended a small meditative exercise to look at loneliness feeling differently. I also suffer from episodes like yours and I must admit that it gives me a certain inner serenity in moments when I am tense: here is the link "https://www.spiritualityandpractice...s/view/21702/a-practice-to-counter-loneliness"

You could try it while waiting to be coached by someone who has the skills 😊

In any case, I understand that you are suffering and I know that very often we feel helpless in front of such feelings ❤

You are not alone and you are brave to come and tell us about it ❤

You suffer a lot and you can be proud of the courage you have to endure this every day 😊

If you want, don't hesitate to ask for help, I think it can only do you good ❤

We love you here, feel free to write to us, if we can give you warmth as we can ❤

I wish you nothing but the best ❤

Love ❤😊