Aimless

Aimless

Oct 22, 2020
I've been struggling to find the motivation to put in work for school, and have failed multiple classes because of this, which I will have to retake this year. I was already late to start this study because I didn't know what I wanted to do, but now I'm not sure I made the right choice anymore, as I have lost interest. I also don't know what I would want to do instead if I quit this study. I can't come up with any realistic careers that I would be happy with, plus, if I quit this study I will have to pay back a much larger amount.
I know that I can still catch up with school work and pass, but I really can't find the energy to. I wish I just had some idea of what I want.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, Ghost2211, Shades of Grey and 1 other person
M

maybepossiblyithink

Oct 22, 2020
Does your school have anything related to technical school?

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I am also slowly failing school because can't motivate myself to study anymore

• Hugs
Reactions: Shades of Grey and Aimless
Shades of Grey

Shades of Grey

Student
Jun 17, 2020
Is it possible to take some time off without compromising your financial situation?

It is okay to step away and take time to figure out what you want. It is okay if what you want doesn't end up involving college right now. Heck, it is okay if what you want doesn't end up involving college ever. There are plenty of perfectly valid paths out there that don't.

What are the "unrealistic" things you'd like to do, if you don't mind my asking?

Reactions: Aimless
Aimless

Aimless

Oct 22, 2020
Is it possible to take some time off without compromising your financial situation?

It is okay to step away and take time to figure out what you want. It is okay if what you want doesn't end up involving college right now. Heck, it is okay if what you want doesn't end up involving college ever. There are plenty of perfectly valid paths out there that don't.
Yes, I could take some time off school, I have been considering doing that, but I am not entirely convinced it would be any different once I start again. Might be worth trying though, and maybe find out what I want to do instead.

What are the "unrealistic" things you'd like to do, if you don't mind my asking?
I couldn't really say specifically, but I enjoy working in a group or with at least one other person a lot more than working on my own. I'm currently studying IT, but most of the homework is just individual projects, which are really hard for me to get myself to work on.
I have also always wanted to work with animals, but can't really think of a job involving animals that would fit me.
I enjoy helping people solve problems, I do computer assistance as a side job, which I quite like, and I think I am pretty good at as well, pretty much the only downside is that I still work on my own, and don't really have contact with any coworkers.