• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

F

fightorflight

Sep 13, 2020
I pretty much have a whole suicide plan. The only thing is, the only ropes that I can get nearby are 5mm. If one passes the strength test, will it be able to hold my weight? I'm about 145-150 pounds. This is a make-or-break for me. Thanks

HelloHell

HelloHell

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
I guess it depends on the type of rope? What kind of rope do you have?

F

fightorflight

Sep 13, 2020

Attachments

• 613B7EDB-F2F0-45D7-ACD7-A3336AE61CC4.jpeg
    613B7EDB-F2F0-45D7-ACD7-A3336AE61CC4.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 51
F

fightorflight

Sep 13, 2020
That doesn't look too strong... but I could be wrong... I'm not sure, sorry
If it were me, I would try to find another rope
Do you think I could double it up or something? I'm living with my parents now because my college went online, so do you know a way I could ship a thicker one to my house without them knowing?

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
A thicker softer rope would be more comfortable.

F

fightorflight

Sep 13, 2020
A thicker softer rope would be more comfortable.
Would it still work though? I already looked up the positioning and the knots (slip and snuggle hitch) and I'm going to be in a fairly remote place with barely any people (this trail/forest near my house). I'll also test it first of course, by pressing my hands down on the opening

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Would it still work though? I already looked up the positioning and the knots (slip and snuggle hitch) and I'm going to be in a fairly remote place with barely any people (this trail/forest near my house). I'll also test it first of course, by pressing my hands down on the opening
Testing it is the only way to know if it will hold. Technically anything that cuts off oxygen to the brain works. I just like the idea of comfy rope.

F

fightorflight

Sep 13, 2020
Testing it is the only way to know if it will hold. Technically anything that cuts off oxygen to the brain works. I just like the idea of comfy rope.
Yeah, I get that. I would get a more comfy rope if I could, but it's the only one close by. I'm planning on putting soap on it so the process is quicker so I'll be unconscious before I really understand what's happening. If I push down on the rope hard enough, will I be able to know if the rope will work or not? Thanks so much

Reactions: storm15
HelloHell

HelloHell

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
Do you think I could double it up or something? I'm living with my parents now because my college went online, so do you know a way I could ship a thicker one to my house without them knowing?

I'm again not sure how the doubling up rope would work, sorry. That's a tough and risky situation. I guess the best chance is to buy the rope directly from the store?
Alternatively, you can get that rope and test it out first like mentioned above. Another thing, are you doing full or partial suspension?
Full suspension means the rope has to be able to hold your full body weight (++, because you would struggle during the process)
Partial means the rope only needs to hold a portion of your body weight
So, depending on the method you choose, it might affect the type of rope you have to use

F

fightorflight

Sep 13, 2020
I'm again not sure how the doubling up rope would work, sorry. That's a tough and risky situation. I guess the best chance is to buy the rope directly from the store?
Alternatively, you can get that rope and test it out first like mentioned above. Another thing, are you doing full or partial suspension?
Full suspension means the rope has to be able to hold your full body weight (++, because you would struggle during the process)
Partial means the rope only needs to hold a portion of your body weight
So, depending on the method you choose, it might affect the type of rope you have to use
Yeah, doubling up the rope was just an idea. I'm doing full suspension on a tree, and I will definitely test it beforehand. I just don't know if the test will tell me if it will work or not, you know?

HelloHell

HelloHell

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
Yeah, doubling up the rope was just an idea. I'm doing full suspension on a tree, and I will definitely test it beforehand. I just don't know if the test will tell me if it will work or not, you know?

I see. Maybe you can try swinging on the rope? and see if the rope can hold your full body weight? As long as the rope can hold your weight (++), it should work fine