Kadaver

Kadaver

let death be kinder than man
Aug 11, 2023
My best friend told me some really horrible things a few days ago. Now for context we are also roommates and live together

We got in a small argument and he told me he "didn't think I was a very good person" and that he "wished he didn't know me." and it broke my heart. I just don't really see a point to being alive without him in my life. He's my best friend and I just can't cope with losing him. Now to be fair we're still kinda friends? We're still talking and he hasn't kicked me out but there's still some tension in the relationship that is definitely palpable

I just want things to go back to normal but if things don't and our friendship ends does anyone have a source for SN? I'd really appreciate a link, seriously. I don't want to live in a world where I fucked up the one good thing in my life

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: tiger b, kitty_kat, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
L

livinginhellnation

Nov 19, 2023
I dont want to belittle your situation but i dont think its worth killing yourself over this. Give it some space and things will work out.

Reactions: Jolene79 and WAITING TO DIE
LoiteringClouds

LoiteringClouds

Tempus fugit
Feb 7, 2023
My best friend told me some really horrible things a few days ago. Now for context we are also roommates and live together

We got in a small argument and he told me he "didn't think I was a very good person" and that he "wished he didn't know me." and it broke my heart. I just don't really see a point to being alive without him in my life. He's my best friend and I just can't cope with losing him. Now to be fair we're still kinda friends? We're still talking and he hasn't kicked me out but there's still some tension in the relationship that is definitely palpable

I just want things to go back to normal but if things don't and our friendship ends does anyone have a source for SN? I'd really appreciate a link, seriously. I don't want to live in a world where I fucked up the one good thing in my life
I'm so sorry to hear that - losing your best friend is no joke, especially when you don't have anybody else to turn to.
Was he just angry, or was he losing interest in you?

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I don't intend to invalidate your suffering but nobody is worth the effort when it comes to ctb.
Sorry if this offends you, I mean no offence.

Reactions: livinginhellnation
azukigirl

azukigirl

whip, step, jump! glitterific!!
Oct 24, 2023
there isn't full context so im unsure whether or not your roommate has specified no contact, and i wonder if these things they have expressed to you are things you could improve so you could repair your relationship if the other person also wants that. or maybe it was hurtful comments in the heat of it? i think you should talk about how they mean a lot to you, you felt hurt by some comments and you want to work things out so that in future you can be better friends.
friendships require work from both people, so remember to be open and understanding of your needs and others needs :) im so sorry you are feeling like this. big hugs

• Love
Reactions: Jolene79 and Kadaver
Kadaver

Kadaver

let death be kinder than man
Aug 11, 2023
there isn't full context so im unsure whether or not your roommate has specified no contact, and i wonder if these things they have expressed to you are things you could improve so you could repair your relationship if the other person also wants that. or maybe it was hurtful comments in the heat of it? i think you should talk about how they mean a lot to you, you felt hurt by some comments and you want to work things out so that in future you can be better friends.
friendships require work from both people, so remember to be open and understanding of your needs and others needs :) im so sorry you are feeling like this. big hugs
He has specified a list of things I can improve to repair the relationship. I'm just scared of messing up again I guess. I also feel trapped because if I lose him I truly don't know if I want to keep living and I don't know how to CTB. I have a few ideas but nothing that would 100% work
I'm so sorry to hear that - losing your best friend is no joke, especially when you don't have anybody else to turn to.
Was he just angry, or was he losing interest in you?
He was angry. We had a fight and that's what caused him to say the things he did

Reactions: azukigirl
J

Jolene79

Experienced
Jun 16, 2023
Do you agree with the things your friend said? Not just because they mean alot to you so you'll go along with it. But, because there really is genuine truth in it?

I think you have to be careful about carrying the can for everything causing tension in the relationship. If this person is a good genuine person then you can hopefully find a way to work through it and the tension will ease. Taking responsibility for your faults without being a total doormat usually helps.

This feeling absolutely can pass or at least improve. Once you ctb that's it.

Reactions: Serial Experi Pain