M

MixedMatter

Nov 16, 2023
I'm new to the forum, but been lurking for a few months now. I've been having suicidal thoughts for a a good while and I'm thinking on putting together an exit plan for myself.

I see so much suffering here the likes I could never understand. I have loving parents, family, and good friends. I haven't gone through any significant violent traumas. Yet I still have this persistent urge to leave it all behind because living hurts too much somehow.

The biggest factors that drive these feelings come from a continued feeling of disconnect with the world around me, and the disconnect I have with myself via my dysphoria (I dont know how many other trans people are on here, I hope there's folks here who I can relate to). I can't seem to be able to experience love or joy without complex nuanced thought processes sucking every enjoyable thing out of such emotions.

I hope this post doesn't intrude on anybody, if there's any advice for such feelings, I would have an immense amount of gratitude to hear it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: niki wonoto, Rev346, Daxter_87 and 12 others
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
The only qualification for suffering is breathing. Welcome. Here's to complex nuanced thought processes and the robotic existence they bring 🍻

Reactions: silentnights56, Rev346, katattack and 4 others
FlyAwayHoney

FlyAwayHoney

To be or not to be
Nov 6, 2023
We're all here for the same reasons more or less, so don't feel discouraged from hanging out here. Also, people having less fortunate circumstances than you doesn't take away from your own problems.

If you are contemplating suicide, planning it out, or even rethinking things (recovery section), you'll fit in fine here. As long as you're respectful of others of course.

• Love
Reactions: NocturnILL, WonderingSoul, MixedMatter and 1 other person
M

MixedMatter

Nov 16, 2023
The only qualification for suffering is breathing. Welcome. Here's to complex nuanced thought processes and the robotic existence they bring 🍻
Super appreciate the warm words. I have a habit of not feeling welcome that seems to follow me 24/7, but this really does help! Thank you

• Hugs
Reactions: WonderingSoul and tiger b
WonderingSoul

WonderingSoul

Gamer
Dec 15, 2021
You aren't intruding at all. Your feelings are valid. You are welcome to post on here and I do hope you feel welcomed while being on here.

• Love
Reactions: NeedAnEscape, NocturnILL, MixedMatter and 1 other person
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023

This might bring you some more relief. You're definitely not the only member of that club.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, NeedAnEscape, NocturnILL and 2 others
M

MixedMatter

Nov 16, 2023
We're all here for the same reasons more or less, so don't feel discouraged from hanging out here. Also, people having less fortunate circumstances than you doesn't take away from your own problems.

If you are contemplating suicide, planning it out, or even rethinking things (recovery section), you'll fit in fine here. As long as you're respectful of others of course.
Thanks a ton, I'm hoping on discussing on this forum to makes sense of the direction my brain is headed and I would hate to cause further harm by not being in the right place. Appreciate the reassurance!

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, NocturnILL, FlyAwayHoney and 1 other person
OccydePoes

OccydePoes

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Everyone has their own personal reasons to sign up here.

Welcome to the forum;)

Reactions: MixedMatter, Praestat_Mori, tiger b and 2 others
C

CC123

Arcanist
Mar 2, 2019
you have to be true to yourself
all are welcomed here (or should be IMO)

Last edited:
Reactions: MixedMatter, Praestat_Mori, tiger b and 1 other person
NocturnILL

NocturnILL

She will become the wind…
Sep 11, 2023
Hiii Welcome!!🥰🫶🏽
You're not being intrusive at all. I'm sorry you're feeling hesitant. Your feelings are your own regardless of what you have or don't have. You, like many of us, are here for their own reasons and we all have different and/or similar situations and that's ok! Everyone fits in their own way. I hope you feel welcomed and comfortable enough to express yourself the way you want. No pressure and no judgement. This community truly is accepting. You should fit in just fine dear 💙

Reactions: MixedMatter, Praestat_Mori and tiger b
Y

Yaffle

Life’s a bitch
Nov 9, 2023
We all have our own reasons for feeling suicidal and they're not for anyone to judge.

We're pro choice but caring too. Nobody will push you under the bus, we just respect your right to catch it.

You'll fit in just fine, we're all people living with suicidal thoughts.

I hope you find us a welcoming community and you also find all the help you need choosing a preparing a method.

Reactions: MixedMatter and NocturnILL
NeedAnEscape

NeedAnEscape

awaiting the end
Oct 16, 2023
You are experiencing suicidal thoughts, like the rest of us here. Welcome to the forum! You don't need to suffer significant traumas to 'belong here.' Just the fact that you find existence painful is enough of a reason for you to be in this community. I hope you can find peace and comfort here.

U

username8888

-
Oct 11, 2023
Not wishing to breath and poop is also a good reason to ctb, for me.

Reactions: MixedMatter
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Everyone's feelings are valid. This is a space to openly discuss suicide. There isn't a minimum pain requirement. I think- just the feeling of being over privelaged and not worthy is a horrible one. People here can usually relate on the simple level that we are all suffering in one way or another. Welcome to the forum. I hope you find some comfort here.

P

Photographer Fizzle

Nov 18, 2023
I envy you.
If I had those things, I wouldn't be here.

I do, however, also understand that while we are all made of the same stuff that it is arranged differently across most of us. This reminds me of YouTube true crime videos where the inevitable comment that goes something like this: "the same things happened to me. I didn't kill people." That person is clearly boasting about their overcoming dire circumstances while ignoring lots of factors.

I don't actually hate life despite the violence, the bullying, the abuse. I like gardening and sunsets and the scent of rain and returning baby birds to their nests and cooking and Pokemon and reading literature and lots of other things. But i'm desperate and things have gone sideways for me with no hope to improve.

I say all that to say I get it. You orient to the world in a different way.

Reactions: MixedMatter
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
One doesn't have to meet a certain suffering criteria to be able to post here, as after all we all have our right to die anyway. And I see wanting to die as always being a valid way to feel, I personally don't understand how one could wish to exist in the first place.

Reactions: Daxter_87