Dusk till dawn

Dusk till dawn

Student
Sep 7, 2018
So, i did fix my life and the things that were making me extremely depressed for years, after a few months, i still find myself bored, i feel like i've done everything possible in life, i've experienced hardships and depression, i've enjoyed life, now i just feel extremely burned out most of the time, i'm not suicidal anymore since i'm not facing extreme depression like i used to, i escaped my prison, but i still feel bored, i don't have any motivation to do anything for the sake of myself, every action i do is purely motivated for the sake of others, i could never bother doing anything for myself like cleaning my room or showering if it wasn't for the sake of other people, and even then i do the bare minimum for myself due to how lazy i am when it comes to self-care, from time to time i enjoy myself with friends, but i can't shake the feeling of extreme boredom when alone, i feel like i've done everything possible, the best way to describe this feeling is a minecraft world where you have done everything possible, going outside with my friends feels very liberating, i feel like i'm a prisoner when using mainstream media platforms like youtube and such, the 2020's just suck, but at the same time i'm a prisoner to social media and it's not that easy to completely abandon the internet, i was considering going to a psychiatrist to see what i can do about the times when i feel extreme boredom but i don't have a positive view on psychiatrists in general due to my past experiences, if anyone has any advice on how to deal with extreme boredom and lack of motivation please share it with me, my next obstacle is overcoming the feeling of extreme boredom and lack of motivation

Reactions: GoatHerder
Shiva_Story

Shiva_Story

Student
Mar 12, 2023
I'd recommend you to go off the tech and social media, change perspective and accept the boredom as something temporary..a stepping stone for your inner genius to emerge from. Any form of excersize that gets your heart rate up will help. You'll be surprised how creative your own force of nature is and how even simple things matter once you get over the overstimulation of your dopamine feedback system caused by all the garbage of the external world and practice mindfulness. Look at your body and mind experiences and desires from third person perspective.. dont define with them..create a gap between stimuli and response and focus only on stories that are important 4 your soul 2 grow.