Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
View attachment 604aaab717b66200f235c3d4.webp
i find emotional dysregulation disorder a lot more offensive then borderline personality disorder. now obviously i cant speak for others, but myself, bpd is correct. theres a borderline between 2 distinct parts of me. to call it "emotional dysregulation" just sounds like a good reason for people to ignore me and make the way i feel, feel wrong and like it should be ignored. its completely invalidating to call it "emotional dysregulation".

B

Badatlove

Dec 4, 2019
Yeah bpd is way more than that..
Black and white being, that switch is though. The emptiness, no identity, unable to ever safely attach, the anxiety. Maybe chronic ptss and emotional disregulation together sounds a bit better to explain bpd also.. idk.. its a horrible thing to live with:/

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
It's because of the stigma among patients, therapists, and psychiatrists regarding the term "borderline personality disorder". Whether you think it is more accurate or less offensive doesn't change its popular perception. "Emotional dysregulation" is also a common term in psychology that is applied to a number of disorders, not just BPD. You may as well ask psychologists to ditch "disinhibition" as well which is one side of the coin. I think there will have to be many, many theoretical changes accompanied by lots of debate before they abandon those stigmatizing terms.