NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
I use my throwaway account, obviously; not going to risk my main account.

Some have thanked me. Some never replied.

I wonder how many have joined. How many have successfully CTB.

Reactions: MellowAvenue, lachrymost and SunshineAndSuicide
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021

Hmm... this could be seen as being a grey zone, since some people may see your actions as "encouraging suicide". At least be careful :wink:

Reactions: cowboypants, WonderingSoul, 👁️👃👁️ and 6 others
Shikamaru

Shikamaru

ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘𐡏 ˚⁎⁺˳⋆ Misslilly 𓆩 ♡ 𓆪
Jun 13, 2022
I don't agree with this….

• Hugs
Reactions: scorchie, Rapière, fedupwithlife and 10 others
kiuya

kiuya

Tired
Nov 16, 2021
Yeah don't agree with this either. It's fine if someone wants to die but I'm not going to link them ways to kill themselves, it just feels wrong.

• Hugs
Reactions: cowboypants, sammiechzxv, scorchie and 10 others
Venus13

Venus13

Experienced
Oct 2, 2022
I feel like this is a site you should stumble upon on your own. It'll find you when you need it. To each their own though.

• Love
Reactions: cowboypants, RainAndSadness, slashedpiel and 17 others
SunshineAndSuicide

SunshineAndSuicide

Sunshine is what's keeping me alive
Aug 24, 2022
I was browsing Reddit once and saw a comment about SS, and I have never been so thankful. You're not leading people to their death, you're helping people to find a supportive community and solid advice imo.

Reactions: ookletsgoctb, Chara, WonderingSoul and 13 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
the more people know about the site the better good job

Reactions: Chara, NearlyIrrelevantCake and makethepainstop
T

Tiny Little Tree

-
Jan 25, 2021
As long as you're doing it in the most neutral way possible... I suspect to most people outside of here you'll appear to be pushing vulnerable people in a certain direction. It's quite the fight to get others to accept even the possibility that CTB could be the right thing for a person, we have to accept that CTB may not be the right thing for a person too, or not right for them at that given time.

In case it needs to be said (since you haven't gone into that much detail) if your throwaway gets in trouble, they can work out you've been on multiple accounts with IP address for a start.

Reactions: Chara, Twntysix and lachrymost
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Without method information, people will likely just end up resorting to risky and unreliable methods and getting damage, so therefore I believe that everyone should have access to method resources. Suicide is a human right after all, and a personal decision and just having the option of a way to leave this world is not 'encouragment', nobody is being told that they must ctb, they just have information to make a choice for themselves.

Nobody should have to feel trapped here with no way out, as if there is limited ways to leave then existence is basically a prison. We never asked for any of this suffering so leaving this world really shouldn't be so difficult. I think a lot of pro lifers label anything pro choice as being 'encouragement' as they don't want to accept the view that suicide can be a more rational option than choosing to suffer.

• Love
Reactions: Chara, MellowAvenue, Twntysix and 4 others
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
Those who may be doing this should stop, as there are too many issues with it, and all of them are not good.

1) One may not be physically handing a tool to the person with whom they are interacting, but they may be directing them to the tool's possible location.

2) One may not know the person's true motivations or age with whom they are interacting (are people on the site listed using it as a vector to gather Intel for an ah ha moment where someone says see what some members are doing from that place).

3) Linking to this site from another site that probably expressly prohibits such topics also adds fuel to the fire of those that want to turn the lights out on this place. (even if one gives the info in DM, the person who the info is given to can still leak that conversation).

I understand those who feel people should have the right to check-out, but let those who want to do such things find and search it out for themselves.

That said, this place has been and is getting enough heat. There is no need to possibly create more heat by linking to it from another forum.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Twntysix, BipolarExpress, Un- and 2 others
NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
I was browsing Reddit once and saw a comment about SS, and I have never been so thankful. You're not leading people to their death, you're helping people to find a supportive community and solid advice imo.
Exactly my views.

I only message people who are clearly posting to subreddits asking for advice on suicide methods, how much of X drug to overdose and die intentionally, etc. They deserve to have info on what will actually work.

Reactions: ookletsgoctb, Chara and Rogue Proxy
actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
I have mixed feelings.
Well, I guess It is better then posting number to hotline.

• Yay!
Reactions: WonderingSoul, MellowAvenue, Twntysix and 3 others
BipolarExpress

BipolarExpress

he/him · tired/exhausted
Nov 11, 2022
I have mixed feelings.
Well, I guess It is better then posting number to hotline.
I have mixed feelings about this, too. What if the poster is underage? What if they're alarmed by the content here—especially all the detailed information about methods—and report it to Reddit for encouraging suicide? This forum is better than a hotline, yes, but I think the risks outweigh the benefits. (I myself found the site through a Google search—I stumbled on it when I needed it.) This forum has already gotten enough negative press over the past two years or so. Sending unsolicited Reddit messages may very well contribute to yet more critical press, more stores removing potential suicide means from their inventories or refusing to ship to residential addresses, and more isolation for suicidal people who want to avoid being shipped off to the psych ward, hiding their feelings, or receiving pat answers from hotlines.

tl;dr please be careful.

Reactions: psp3000, 👁️👃👁️, Celerity and 5 others
Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
This is both a good and a bad idea. I wish I had found this site 10 years ago. Might not be a good idea for someone who is still confused.

However, if someone finds this site and commits suicide while having a solvable problem, I think the real problem isn't that this site exists, but that society's inability to truly help people who are confused and desperate. The main goal of society is not to help desperate people, but to put them in the workforce, happy or unhappy, and collect taxes. If a young person is condemned to loneliness and despair in a country of millions of people, it is absurd to say that the SS was the cause of suicide. I do not believe that the authority devotes enough resources to listening to people, understanding them and producing personal solutions. When a child is bullied at school and cannot share it with anyone, an authority that normalizes it is the source of the problem. An authority that condemns people to homelessness and despair is a thousand times more guilty than the SS. If they had done their job, the SS would never have existed. Think about Shawn Shatto. If I remember correctly, she wanted to end her life because she couldn't handle a tiring job and a meaningless life. Does this smell like suicide? Not. All these cases are sociological murders. The killer is authority. While they blame the SS, they actually shifts the axis.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Tobacco, NearlyIrrelevantCake, almaranthine and 1 other person
BipolarExpress

BipolarExpress

he/him · tired/exhausted
Nov 11, 2022
An authority that condemns people to homelessness and despair is a thousand times more guilty than the SS. If they had done their job, the SS would never have existed. Think about Shawn Shatto. If I remember correctly, she wanted to end her life because she couldn't handle a tiring job and a meaningless life. Does this smell like suicide? Not. All these cases are sociological murders. The instigator is authority. While they blame the SS, they actually shifts the axis.
Exactly. Socioeconomic inequality, austerity, underemployment, unemployment, homelessness, social isolation, debt, poverty, and disability are all connected with a higher risk for suicide. None of these problems can be solved by spamming hotline links and shoving people in psych wards. They won't offer people well-paying, stable jobs. They won't put a roof over people's heads. They won't get them services or support systems. Suicide is a systemic problem, not just an individual one.

Reactions: Tobacco, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, NearlyIrrelevantCake and 2 others
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Lmao me too. Except I do it on my main account, why not. Sometimes I get upvotes, sometimes I get downvoted. I don't DM them, I just put it out in the open and see what happens. I only send it to people who are the right age and want help with methods. Is that a bad thing?? We are pro-choice after all, not pro-death

Last edited:
Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake, BipolarExpress and Sunset Limited
Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
Exactly. Socioeconomic inequality, austerity, underemployment, unemployment, homelessness, social isolation, debt, poverty, and disability are all connected with a higher risk for suicide. None of these problems can be solved by spamming hotline links and shoving people in psych wards. They won't offer people well-paying, stable jobs. They won't put a roof over people's heads. They won't get them services or support systems. Suicide is a systemic problem, not just an individual one.
Consider the entire evolution of humanity. Millions of years. All of our ancestors lived and died for it, but they have shared the world for the past few thousand years. Now they tell us we don't deserve a place to live? Even a bird, fox or wolf has a nest in the forest, but I deserve to live on the street. I can't believe how they made us believe this. How can we believe we don't deserve a home to live in? We run like a hamster just to pay the rent. There is no doubt that the authorities are evil and murderous. There is no such thing as suicide. All their lives have been stolen.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake, not_actually_human and BipolarExpress
F

fedupwithlife

Student
Jul 28, 2023
I would never do this personally, if someone is looking for the forum they'll find it themselves

Reactions: psp3000
Chara

Chara

Severe pain? But no gain.
Jul 22, 2023

If had had access to this forum a few years ago, might not have wound up with brain damage. Would have appreciated it greatly.

Ironically found this place because of someone wanting to get rid of places like this; had never even considered the thought that somewhere like this could exist before. It's funny that the people who complain the most about this site and other simular sites also seem to be the ones who advertise them the most.

Suppose it really depends on how exactly you're sharing it.

day

day

Global Mod
Jun 24, 2023
Morally it seems wrong but also right? I mean leading someone to a place that may help them reach their goal of death could almost be considered assisted suicide to a degree but at the same time failing or being unprepared seems like one of the worst things to undergo.

Personally I don't see what you're doing as adherently wrong so long these people aren't kids. This forum has helped save a lot of people too so I can't bash doing this. Sometimes all you need for recovery is a good circle of support and care.

Rapière

Rapière

On the brink
Jul 7, 2022
Yay, more redditors is exactly what this forum needs! On a different note, I have strong doubts as to wether OP is doing this out of the goodness of his heart...

Last edited:
Reactions: Tobacco and 𖣴 nadia 𖣴