• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Q

Q_Hayley

Dec 18, 2023
I commented on a very new post on suicide watch supporting a discussion on whether the subreddit should be open to talking about people who belive suicide should be talked about openly, and was banned within 5 minutes!

Has anyone else been banned from this sub like this? I thinks it's ridiculous

• Hugs
Reactions: NoOneLovesMiMi, LoiteringClouds, xxpinkmoonglitterxx and 5 others
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Reddit in the nutshell.

Reactions: jar-baby, Sylveon, pole and 12 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020
why the f* have something called suicide but not be allowed to talk about suicide.
that has to be what annoys me the most about "support places". "COME AND WE'LL COMFORT YOU!!! oh... but dont actually tell us about your problems"

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: cowboypants, sadandlonely99, Sylveon and 9 others
jbear824

jbear824

trapped & scared
Jul 4, 2023
Funny, that subreddit is where I heard about SaSu

• Yay!
Reactions: worthIess, starrchaoz, WretchedDreams and 2 others
Q

Q_Hayley

Dec 18, 2023
why the f* have something called suicide but not be allowed to talk about suicide.
that has to be what annoys me the most about "support places". "COME AND WE'LL COMFORT YOU!!! oh... but dont actually tell us about your problems"
It's ridiculous they literally have rules against validating users suicidal feelings??? Like wtf it seems like they have decided "ignore it and it will go away" is the best option
Funny, that subreddit is where I heard about SaSu
Me too, and I'm very glad I found here before I was banished

Last edited:
Reactions: Sylveon, WretchedDreams, ropearoundatree and 1 other person
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
Literally all Discord support groups in a nutshell. They only want to hear the """nontriggering""" "OnO mai pardner bwoke up wif meh bc I act like a 14 year old an no one takes dating sewiously so dats muh personality now" type of things they will asspat, but any actual vent based on trauma? Depression that goes deeper than the stereotype? "No, dats too triggering and camt be talked about so camt say dat, ur banned and cancelled!"

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: river, LoiteringClouds, Readytogohome and 9 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020
Literally all Discord support groups in a nutshell. They only want to hear the """nontriggering""" "OnO mai pardner bwoke up wif meh bc I act like a 14 year old an no one takes dating sewiously so dats muh personality now" type of things they will asspat, but any actual vent based on trauma? Depression that goes deeper than the stereotype? "No, dats too triggering and camt be talked about so camt say dat, ur banned and cancelled!"
no, thats just....... literally any wheres ive been :pfff: sadly its not just discord. i cant even be bothered with "support" its all bs

• Aww..
Reactions: Hollowman, WretchedDreams, lament. and 2 others
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
They don't actually want to have a discussion. That's the problem. They just want to look good

Reactions: LoiteringClouds, SobGoblin, Sylveon and 4 others
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Yes its so stupid suicide watch. Should be rename prolifer suicide watch.

I got banned permanently from reddit altogheter, i was showing image of me burning charcoal in my apartment lol

They didnt like it, i slept with 2 briquettes, unfortunately i didn't die.

Reactions: Sylveon, WretchedDreams and Trakehner
Unknown21

Unknown21

?/?/2024
Apr 25, 2023
I commented on a very new post on suicide watch supporting a discussion on whether the subreddit should be open to talking about people who belive suicide should be talked about openly, and was banned within 5 minutes!

I got a permanent ban from it and r/depression Because I was wishing luck to someone who decided to commit suicide and came just to say goodbye, and because I was explaining to some people about the inert gas method and how it is quick, merciful, and painless.
Honestly, I think people like us should stay away from places like this filled with pro-lifers.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sylveon and WretchedDreams
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
I hate pro-lifers and I hate fake depression.
No, being sad doesn't mean you're depressed. No, being worried doesn't mean you're anxious. These are debilitating mental disorders that often ruin the lives of actual sufferers, just because you're sad that your girl left you and worried about that exam at school doesn't mean your brain functioning is fucked. That's called, wait for it... "normal human emotions", your brain is working as it should. And don't even get me started on OCD...
I don't get why triggering discussion would be banned. I get making people add trigger warnings for particularly heavy shit, but this is meant to be a forum talking about mental suffering, so completely banning the discussion of certain types of mental suffering seems illogical.
Also, real quick, why ARE r/suicidewatch so banhammer-happy anyway? What if someone says "I'm about to blow my brains out, please someone comfort me" and he gets the banhammer instead of comforted? His brains are splattered all over the wall but good thing the mods protected the self-"diagnosed" whiny pricks of reddit from having to deal with it! (I put "diagnosed" in speech marks because at least self-diagnosed people typically read the list of symptoms or do any kind of research, unlike these people who will call themselves mentally ill just for feeling an emotion without reading shit about it)

Reactions: Sylveon, Sluggish_Slump, Seered Doom and 2 others
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Huh, I didnt know that..Thank you for sharing. I always thought there were places in reddit or discord where the discussion was more free, i guess than in anywhere else.

Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Haha welcome to the party. suicidewatch is great for the suicidal who aren't having a breakdown and speaking their mind. It's for the mentally ill that the savioristic pro-lifers can handle.

Reactions: Readytogohome, Sylveon, VidFlumina and 2 others
Goku Black

Goku Black

Global Mod
Jun 5, 2023
That sub-reddit isn't known for being supportive of people's thoughts towards suicide. I haven't been banned myself but that's because I don't even visit it.

Reactions: Sylveon
caninecomposer

caninecomposer

Unappreciated artist
Dec 18, 2023
Any time I've shared an intellectual viewpoint, or even just a basic scientific fact, I've been personally attacked by subreddit moderators regardless of the community, and immediately banned for life with no warning or justification. It's a widespread issue stemming from immature and/or idiotic humans holding positions of power, which is an unfortunate problem in most areas of life.

Reactions: Readytogohome and Sylveon
lament.

lament.

the Immortal
Jun 28, 2023
Any time I've shared an intellectual viewpoint, or even just a basic scientific fact, I've been personally attacked by subreddit moderators regardless of the community, and immediately banned for life with no warning or justification. It's a widespread issue stemming from immature and/or idiotic humans holding positions of power, which is an unfortunate problem in most areas of life.

Gotta love people having an open conversation taking it as a personal attack the moment you disagree with them. Like if you want to stay inside an echo chamber don't speak in public channels lmao. It really sucks to see people like that get such high positions in life.

SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Suffering.
Feb 28, 2023
It's just another boring "pro life" community, no point going there.

Reactions: Seered Doom and Sylveon
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
Yup. They like to ban people for whatever over at reddit. The site is infested with bots everywhere in every sub btw. and its so obvious too lol!

Soc

Soc

Dec 9, 2023
Getting cancelled and banished seems to be the done thing every now and then in groups. All supportive and safe spaces till you don't quite fit in with the group. Then you're erased. That's why I'm here.

Reactions: Seered Doom, Sylveon and oddetoad
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
reddit is the last place that you want to go to for venting purposes or seeking advice related to mental health problems.

not only are the subreddits a joke but the people on reddit are a different breed.

O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
reddit is the last place that you want to go to for venting purposes or seeking advice related to mental health problems.

not only are the subreddits a joke but the people on reddit are a different breed.
is the breed you're talking about this breed --> ? 🤖

Sylveon

Sylveon

??/??/20??
Oct 10, 2023

I agree; I still remember when I was called an attention seeker for self-harming by a 16 y/o kid who, I kid you not, hit me with the "kids these days..." It's absolutely wild, lol.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: pole and Freimann
A

AllAlone

Oct 4, 2023
Reddit only cares about keeping advertisers happy. If reddit was seen as allowing a community that was in some way pro suicide people would use it to attack reddit and try to get advertisers to pull out. Freedom of speech is not allowed if that speech might cost reddit money.

R

Readytogohome

May 25, 2023
You summed this up so perfectly! 👍

• Love
Reactions: Seered Doom
NoOneLovesMiMi

NoOneLovesMiMi

Just Me
May 27, 2023

Yes
I thought I was being sly by suggesting a how to without saying exactly how to and Boom
Banned

nothingbutmybest

nothingbutmybest

Student
May 1, 2023
It is a joke how easy getting banned is, but the reddit page does say that
1) it's a place of support
2) it's not for philosophical/scientific discussion
3) to not incite suicide

Yes, discussing suicide especially in how you could popularize discussion of it is considered incitement.
Just discussing someone's suicide is likely to incite copycat cases in locally or globally.

Personally, suicide discussions should be public but I get why they do what they're doing

Q

Q_Hayley

Dec 18, 2023
Personally I use Reddit for the trans subreddits, which are almost always pretty good, but i just find it really sad how the depression and suicide watch subreddits aren't open to balanced debate, although I do underatand really it's Reddit policy causing this:/