A

Area Man

Student
Mar 31, 2021
I'm in a circumstance where I may never need to work again but then I probably won't be able to work again. I could live on for decades sustained off passive income and handouts. But I would probably have no friends and many enemies.

I could decide on the alternative path, a death on my own terms and soon. Eschew the pointless march through years of pain and shame ultimately to only reach the same place. But our society makes that so hard, they see it as their place to demand of us our lives even though our lives may have not further purpose than to see us languish. In a society like this where people like me live such sad lives it's despairing that we don't have an assisted suicide option yet. It's becoming obvious this society needs one.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Lost Magic, waitingforrest, rationaltake and 5 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
People do deserve the option of a peaceful exit at a time of their own choosing, nobody should have to resort to risky methods that could fail. Suicide should not be so stigmatised and our right to die should be respected. This life can be very dreadful and I know that it can be awful when only misery lies ahead. I wish you the best in whatever happens.

Reactions: Lost Magic, waitingforrest and Area Man
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
This is just my life in a nutshell. Choose to live and no one is there, but the minute I choose to ctb is when they all run and shout we care.

This site is probably the place I would ever say my last words to because no one else would understand.

It truly is lonely not being able to talk honestly to people outside of this site. My choice is either to live alone, or die alone because the cops will stop me.

I dream of the day when euthanasia isn't seen as immoral, that we all can decide what we all want to do with our lives. I wish you nothing but peace, whether by ctb or not.

Your life is your own and you get to decide what to do with it, and no one else. I hope that even in this judgmental society that people will respect your choices.

Living is never easy when it feels so pointless and unbearable, and it doesn't help to be alone through it all.

Reactions: Lost Magic and Somber
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Yeah, I walk a lonely path and will die on a lonely path. It is what it is. Sad though.

• Hugs
Reactions: D&D
12_Years_Late

12_Years_Late

“May it please you.” — Ben Pollack
Jun 19, 2023
This site is probably the place I would ever say my last words to because no one else would understand.

It truly is lonely not being able to talk honestly to people outside of this site. My choice is either to live alone, or die alone because the cops will stop me.
Yes, it is unfortunate that most people today will never be able to understand what a person like you or me has gone through, and likely will go through.

Years of pain that will never be able to be erased does not make for a happy person. I have learned to live without feeling happiness and I am okay with that. Ultimately it is up to the individual to decide which path to take.