BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
I honestly don't know how people are surviving. I just put gas in my car. $6.29 a damn gallon. Studio apartments where I live are minimum 2k a month. Then there's health care, insurance, taxes, fees, car repairs and maintenance and of course the how expensive food is becoming. A burger, fries, and a drink is $12 to 15 bucks at fast food places. Being disabled and unable to work, surviving is impossible. My savings are running out fast. Disability if I were approved would be about $850 a month.

I think it's a hallmark of a failed system when someone works full time and can't afford the basics like shelter, food, clothes. I'm not including medical care because that's a luxury here in the US. Health problems are my number one reason for ctb, but the unaffordability of living just adds to the hopelessness.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: annointed_towers, MrOptions, Unknown21 and 15 others
DesperateDan

DesperateDan

Oct 3, 2023
I honestly don't know how people are surviving. I just put gas in my car. $6.29 a damn gallon. Studio apartments where I live are minimum 2k a month. Then there's health care, insurance, taxes, fees, car repairs and maintenance and of course the how expensive food is becoming. A burger, fries, and a drink is $12 to 15 bucks at fast food places. Being disabled and unable to work, surviving is impossible. My savings are running out fast. Disability if I were approved would be about $850 a month.

I think it's a hallmark of a failed system when someone works full time and can't afford the basics like shelter, food, clothes. I'm not including medical care because that's a luxury here in the US. Health problems are my number one reason for ctb, but the unaffordability of living just adds to the hope

I think it's a hallmark of a failed system when someone works full time and can't afford the basics like shelter, food, clothes. I'm not including medical care because that's a luxury here in the US. Health problems are my number one reason for ctb, but the unaffordability of living just adds to the hopelessness.
It is criminal that in a country as rich as the US, that you a US citizen feels like you may have to CTB because you cannot afford to live

Reactions: annointed_towers, kitty_kat, SMmetalhead36 and 2 others
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

Oct 28, 2021
It is criminal that in a country as rich as the US, that you a US citizen feels like you may have to CTB because you cannot afford to live
Well like I said, my declining health is by far my number one reason. No amount of money can change or cure the disease I have and I'll always feel like shit despite getting the best care possible. That said, the fact I'm going to be homeless and the unaffordability of pretty much everything definitely contributes. I agree it's criminal. The US government is the biggest terrorist on the planet and loves spending money on wars rather than helpiping it's own people or investing in infrastructure. It's quickly becoming a third world shit hole.

• Aww..
Reactions: sserafim, annointed_towers, Unknown21 and 5 others
Chr0nicAnhedonic

Chr0nicAnhedonic

So much for stardust...
Oct 1, 2023
This is the big thing pro-lifers tend to ignore: just how costly it is to be alive. You're expected to keep living, even though basic necessities are harder and harder to afford. No one wants to do anything to actually help you live though, you're supposed to pull yourself up by your bootstraps and just keep grinding. God forbid if the people in charge give you any aide, you just want handouts and you'll become lazy! That doesn't make for a very good slave to the system!

A majority of the population where I live is either homeless or one missed paycheck away from becoming homeless. Of course, no one wants to solve this problem, because that would mean upending the slave economy we've spent hundreds of years perfecting.

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope you're able to find peace one way or another.

Reactions: Okokaykay, kitty_kat, SMmetalhead36 and 5 others
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

Oct 28, 2021
This is the big thing pro-lifers tend to ignore: just how costly it is to be alive. You're expected to keep living, even though basic necessities are harder and harder to afford. No one wants to do anything to actually help you live though, you're supposed to pull yourself up by your bootstraps and just keep grinding. God forbid if the people in charge give you any aide, you just want handouts and you'll become lazy! That doesn't make for a very good slave to the system!

A majority of the population where I live is either homeless or one missed paycheck away from becoming homeless. Of course, no one wants to solve this problem, because that would mean upending the slave economy we've spent hundreds of years perfecting.

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope you're able to find peace one way or another.
Excellent points. Thank you.

gonnaregretthis

gonnaregretthis

Oct 2, 2023
this is exactly why i wanna ctb too. also the point abt disability is so important. disability programs are so evil in the US and the people who are supposed to help you refuse to understand that. ive spent years trying to explain that i dont even wanna try to get disability bc im already on food stamps and in the vague hope of me finding employment at least i can save money. if i get disability i cant get shit. its literally a pick your poison and prison life here and im sick of it.

Reactions: sserafim and annointed_towers
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023

I hate the fact that it costs money to exist on this planet! None of us chose to be here yet we have to pay to exist. It's honestly absurd…I hate that existence costs money.

Reactions: annointed_towers, kitty_kat and ClownCringe
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's certainly cruel how people have to suffer so much, to me this world is such a hellish place, it must be so torturous what you have to endure.

Reactions: sserafim, SMmetalhead36 and Spiritual survivor
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
The least that cruel society could do is give assisted suicide to people who cannot afford to live instead of letting them rot in the street.

Reactions: sserafim, annointed_towers, SMmetalhead36 and 1 other person
Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022

I'm not sure how some of us are surviving besides the people fortunate to have family or just have made smart financial decisions earlier in life. It is scary times if u are not a high earner and single without much support network.

Reactions: sserafim and annointed_towers
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

Oct 28, 2021
The least that cruel society could do is give assisted suicide to people who cannot afford to live instead of letting them rot in the street.
They won't do that because they're sadistic. A lot of people have made a lot of money in the homeless industrial complex. I talked to a homeless guy who got an $800 ticket for crossing the railroad tracks. They're making homelessness illegal at a time when more and more people can't afford a roof over their head. It's just sick and immoral.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Duochrome-Seahorse, Passersby and Gonnerr
N

nood11

Jul 14, 2023
In a capitalist system it costs money to exist. Most people get this money they need from a job they don't like. We're forced to work to get money to pay for a life that we never asked for. Most of us, myself included, will never have the courage to kill ourselves. That leaves us in this individualistic, inflation infected, money-based system for decades.

• Aww..
Reactions: Spiritual survivor, Passersby, sserafim and 1 other person
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

Oct 28, 2021
In a capitalist system it costs money to exist. Most people get this money they need from a job they don't like. We're forced to work to get money to pay for a life that we never asked for. Most of us, myself included, will never have the courage to kill ourselves. That leaves us in this individualistic, inflation infected, money-based system for decades.
For me it's not a matter of courage but out of necessity. I'm too sick to be able to pull my own weight and will soon be on the streets. Ctb scares the living shit out of me but aside from a miracle I see no other way out.

• Aww..
Reactions: Spiritual survivor and annointed_towers
Unknown21

Unknown21

?/?/2024
Apr 25, 2023
Same here, sadly everything needs money even food the thing that u can't live without, i live a miserable life bc of poverty and lack of money and it's one of my main reasons to ctb, beside living in third world country.

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022

$6.29 a gallon? Just $3.49 a gallon here in Florida---Sorry you're disabled, and yes, healthcare is a luxury until Medicare kicks in at 65

BlazingBob

BlazingBob

Oct 28, 2021
$6.29 a gallon? Just $3.49 a gallon here in Florida---Sorry you're disabled, and yes, healthcare is a luxury until Medicare kicks in at 65
I'm in Commiefornia. Everything is more here. Unfortunately I'm going to die in this shit hole because I'm too sick and don't have the money to move.

• Aww..
Reactions: Passersby
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
This is honestly absurd. I hate the fact that we have to pay to exist on a planet we had no choice to be on. I also hate the fact that we're forced to work for a living and have to *earn* our livings. None of us chose to be here yet we have to *earn* our living/right to be here. I hate this capitalist system. Fuck capitalism! I hate the fact that everything in this world runs on and is about money

M

martinso67

All human rights are important
Feb 5, 2021
Yeah, you are right and the thing is.
That normally through the industrialization and the technological development that happen the last centuries since the industrial revolution, we should have to work less hours. Working to have your basic needs met (in an average middle class life) is something none important in your life like eating or sanitation (washing yourself, going to restroom).
I remember a famous economic expert in the past (20th or 19th century) said that in the near future people would have to work only about 15 hours a week to have their basic needs met(to survive).

But if we look on at the 21st century. Nearly mid 2020s. We have to work much more actually. More than the 50 years old 40 hours work week is sometimes not enough to pay the high rent and energy (car/gas is included). Rents are so expensive though people cry about demographic crisis. There are less people. I think that is nuts.

Also the more important fact for me. I did not choose to be here. I hate and do not want to have to earn my "living". I am not for communism or that other people should pay for me. But I reject this stuff that you have to survive by interacting with society. And the interaction is so made that you are taking advantage off or if not lowkey enslaved.
Being an animal like a bird or cat is much better. How can one really think being a human is a gift. Man you have less freedom and depend on other people (who will take advantage off you) and you have much higher life expectancy (if not 4 times of the life expectancy of other mammals).

It's like a cat depending to survive on a tiger. Who would have the chance would hurt or kill the cat. You see that with humans. Without policy or the state we would be killed. Look at countries with a weak state like Haiti. Also if one has a shitty life with suffering. You know what. You will only live like that for 20 to 25 years. That's not much. That's the amount average years middle class westerns spend in education. That would be great is well, if you life would have been a blessing. You would not take it for granted, because it is soon over.

HOW there are nearly so few if nearly none people who share this opinion / worldview. It's really strange. But there are millions to billions of people who believe in religions that make no sense. Like an after life and paradise. If you REALLY are a real religious person and believe fully in the bible, then you would not care about this life. You try the best and legal (according to the bible) way to find how you can end your life so you can reach heaven and the paradise. You would not care about earning money and a "career". But it's actually the opposite. LOL. These religious people are the ones who are obsessed with money, capitalism and working "hard". You are a loser and deserve it if you are not rich in their opinion.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Yeah, you are right and the thing is.
That normally through the industrialization and the technological development that happen the last centuries since the industrial revolution, we should have to work less hours. Working to have your basic needs met (in an average middle class life) is something none important in your life like eating or sanitation (washing yourself, going to restroom).
I remember a famous economic expert in the past (20th or 19th century) said that in the near future people would have to work only about 15 hours a week to have their basic needs met(to survive).

But if we look on at the 21st century. Nearly mid 2020s. We have to work much more actually. More than the 50 years old 40 hours work week is sometimes not enough to pay the high rent and energy (car/gas is included). Rents are so expensive though people cry about demographic crisis. There are less people. I think that is nuts.

Also the more important fact for me. I did not choose to be here. I hate and do not want to have to earn my "living". I am not for communism or that other people should pay for me. But I reject this stuff that you have to survive by interacting with society. And the interaction is so made that you are taking advantage off or if not lowkey enslaved.
Being an animal like a bird or cat is much better. How can one really think being a human is a gift. Man you have less freedom and depend on other people (who will take advantage off you) and you have much higher life expectancy (if not 4 times of the life expectancy of other mammals).

It's like a cat depending to survive on a tiger. Who would have the chance would hurt or kill the cat. You see that with humans. Without policy or the state we would be killed. Look at countries with a weak state like Haiti. Also if one has a shitty life with suffering. You know what. You will only live like that for 20 to 25 years. That's not much. That's the amount average years middle class westerns spend in education. That would be great is well, if you life would have been a blessing. You would not take it for granted, because it is soon over.

HOW there are nearly so few if nearly none people who share this opinion / worldview. It's really strange. But there are millions to billions of people who believe in religions that make no sense. Like an after life and paradise. If you REALLY are a real religious person and believe fully in the bible, then you would not care about this life. You try the best and legal (according to the bible) way to find how you can end your life so you can reach heaven and the paradise. You would not care about earning money and a "career". But it's actually the opposite. LOL. These religious people are the ones who are obsessed with money, capitalism and working "hard". You are a loser and deserve it if you are not rich in their opinion.
Literally, I don't know why people think it's a "gift" to be a human. Honestly I think that a human is the worst thing to be in the world. No other animal has to work for or earn their livings or *pay* to exist on this planet, only humans do. I never chose to be here on this planet, and I hate the fact that I'm expected to work and earn my living. I hate the fact that existence costs money, none of us even chose to be born anyways, yet it costs money to exist. I wish I could've been a cat in this life rather than a human. Being a human literally sucks. We're all just slaves to money and the capitalist system, forced to work and slave away for 50 years of our lives. I hate the fact that we have to participate in society to survive.

Last edited: