FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
One of the reasons as to why not existing forever is the only thing that appeals to me is because I find the whole concept of existing to be so replusive and futile, we are just slowly dying until we inevitably decay and deteriorate from old age, and old age is something which disturbs me.

I could never understand why someone would wish to delay the inevitable in a world where there's unlimited potential to suffer just to reach a very old age and suffer a great deal in the process, reaching an old age sounds like such a horrific nightmare to me, I think it's irrational wanting to slowly be tortured by old age, the human life expectancy is far too long.

And I could just never see any point or understand the appeal to existing in general, it's something so pointless but also dreadful and hellish, there is too much meaningless suffering in existing, it's a terrible punishment existing in this world where there is no straightforward way to leave.

Death truly is the only comfort and it's just so absurd to me how people wish to deny the option of Nembutal, do they really want to die a slow painful death from old age related diseases.
Expecting people to suffer endlessly until they die from that really is so inhumane, old age sounds like such extreme torture to me, it's undeniable that the true problem lies in existence itself, existence was a horrific mistake especially as that all that's inevitable for us as humans is suffering, loss and decay until everything is lost to death.

• Love
Reactions: divinemistress36, Rational man, ijustwishtodie and 17 others
MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Left sasu, to improve my life
Jun 18, 2023
Some people found comfort in their life or peace with the world, they are happy and found happiness, thoughts of death aren't mentally sound things to say, it sucks but it's true. Some want to die young some want to die old, some don't want to ever die, it's just depends if we found peace with the world and wanting to experience it's mystery

• Love
Reactions: Rational man, fran_depressive, SpiderLink and 1 other person
SuicidalOrganism

SuicidalOrganism

Experienced
May 31, 2023
Me too. Being old grants you:
  1. Diseases
  2. Loneliness (everyone of importance in your lifetime has either died)
  3. Physical Deterioration
  4. Feeling of being irrelevant
  5. Feeling of being left behind
  6. Cant do new things since you're old
  7. Repetitive lifestyle
  8. Mental illnesses such as depression and dementia
  9. Cant take care of yourself
  10. Waiting to finally die
Thankfully im young and will never consider reaching such old age.

Reactions: divinemistress36, Rational man, ijustwishtodie and 8 others
M

myusername890

Jan 24, 2023
Yes it makes no sense why anyone would want to live for so long. It sounds terrifying to me and I hate that I've already lived so long myself.

Reactions: Suicidе
ggetout33

ggetout33

Better to reign in hell...
Mar 3, 2023
Even before any thoughts of CTB I never saw the appeal of getting old. Your body continues to decline and fail you, you lose your looks, autonomy, and hell you may even getting something really bad like dementia.

Reactions: dialogos and Rogue Proxy
cami

cami

the lonely
May 27, 2023
i kind of get wanting to grow old if you are happy with your life. but those who get terminal diseases, i do not understand. why would you wish to live a life in which your brain and body is killing yourself? why prolong the pain?
maybe it's a sick metaphor for the mentally ill.

B

betternever2havbeen

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Yeh it's horrible. My gran lived til 97, she had vascular dementia so there's not so much a gradual decline of memory and function but a sudden one. Any day she could've woken up and had a massive stroke that rendered her unable to do anything. It's terrifying. She did have one fairly major stroke but thankfully recovered well after weeks in hospital. She was pretty upbeat most of the time though, I would be terrified. Only thing that freaked her out was talk of amputation because she had a sore on her foot that wouldn't heal due to blocked arteries. Thankfully it never came to that.

When she was 93 she had a major op for a stomach problem-they agreed to perform the op because of how much pain she was in even though it was risky. Afterwards we found out they had trouble getting her to come round. I'm not sure if they meant she almost died, but I think so. Looking back now, even though we got another 4 years with her, I think it would've been better if she'd never come round from that op, it would've been the perfect way for her to go. Life at that age is grim, she was in and out of hospital every few months until she finally decided not to go in again after she had a bad experience the last time. If you make it to old age you're pretty much guaranteed to suffer, A LOT.

• Aww..
Reactions: dialogos and Eternal Oblivion
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
Yeah, life is beyond shitty. I really regret the fact that I was born. I wish I wasn't put in a situation where I had to die because I have a hard time believing even the best death wouldn't be terribly scary. I can't stress enough how disgusting it is being here against my will. That doesn't solve the other issue though, even if I wasn't trapped, I think I'm too scared and will always feel like it's a bad day to go. Seriously this is terrible beyond recognition.
Seems to be the case that there is no good answer. There are only bad answers.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy and Gonnerr
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
That's why life would a little bit better if life expectancy was only 40 , or if we could get assisted suicide after 40 in a walk in clinic. But i would prefer never been born at all.
Yeah, life is beyond shitty. I really regret the fact that I was born. I wish I wasn't put in a situation where I had to die because I have a hard time believing even the best death wouldn't be terribly scary. I can't stress enough how disgusting it is being here against my will. That doesn't solve the other issue though, even if I wasn't trapped, I think I'm too scared and will always feel like it's a bad day to go. Seriously this is terrible beyond recognition.
Seems to be the case that there is no good answer. There are only bad answers.
Totally agree , its a crime to have child , even good times i had doesn't make it for disease, physical, mental pain and being scared of death and what's after it.

Last edited:
C

ConstantPain

Sorry but cats are so much better than people
Jun 9, 2022
I'm getting more depressed, anxious, and suicidal as I get older and never wanted to live to this age. I wish every day that I could take someone else's terminal disease. The reality that my appearance is going down hill and my pain will only get worse convinces me that I need to hurry the hell up and ctb.

I'll never understand why anyone wants to live to an advanced age, at least in western culture. Similarly, I'll never understand why anyone would want to bring a child into this world. Life is incredibly miserable.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and pthnrdnojvsc
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I've faced many challenges in life and managed to push through, but the stark reality of ageing has dealt a complete knock-out blow. It is a death spiral of constant deterioration in every way, making any sort of recovery increasingly unrealistic when it is needed the most. Only people who have managed to achieve reasonable living standards of community, security and purpose could have any reason to push beyond this point. That happens to be the majority, seemingly.

But I have found it really is possible to try one's hardest and still be unable to put the broken pieces back together. It's another argument for offering humane euthanasia rather than pretending these situations can't happen.

Reactions: divinemistress36
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yeah- it's definitely not for me. Still- some people seem so invested in their families- that seems enough to keep them going. Some people actually maintain reasonable health and mental faculties till the very end. Each to their own really. Of course- what is awful- is watching people who desperately want out have to just stay here and suffer. I don't intend to subject myself to that. I want out way before that happens.

deathissosad

deathissosad

I will find you in the afterlife my Nanes. -boov 😢
Nov 17, 2022
One of the reasons as to why not existing forever is the only thing that appeals to me is because I find the whole concept of existing to be so replusive and futile, we are just slowly dying until we inevitably decay and deteriorate from old age, and old age is something which disturbs me.

I could never understand why someone would wish to delay the inevitable in a world where there's unlimited potential to suffer just to reach a very old age and suffer a great deal in the process, reaching an old age sounds like such a horrific nightmare to me, I think it's irrational wanting to slowly be tortured by old age, the human life expectancy is far too long.

And I could just never see any point or understand the appeal to existing in general, it's something so pointless but also dreadful and hellish, there is too much meaningless suffering in existing, it's a terrible punishment existing in this world where there is no straightforward way to leave.

Death truly is the only comfort and it's just so absurd to me how people wish to deny the option of Nembutal, do they really want to die a slow painful death from old age related diseases.
Expecting people to suffer endlessly until they die from that really is so inhumane, old age sounds like such extreme torture to me, it's undeniable that the true problem lies in existence itself, existence was a horrific mistake especially as that all that's inevitable for us as humans is suffering, loss and decay until everything is lost to death.
Then don't.

Daxter_87

Daxter_87

If my name is crossed out, hopefully I'm dead.
May 28, 2023
  • Love
Reactions: divinemistress36, ijustwishtodie, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
The fact that others try so hard to force people to live until old age is the real absurdity, how people can be so deep into delusions is astonishing. It really doesn't matter whether people want to live till old age, but it seems so obvious to me that it should be a choice. So the people preventing it from being a choice must be completely selfish or delusional.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
SpiderLink

SpiderLink

they/them
Apr 3, 2023
Some people found comfort in their life or peace with the world, they are happy and found happiness, thoughts of death aren't mentally sound things to say, it sucks but it's true. Some want to die young some want to die old, some don't want to ever die, it's just depends if we found peace with the world and wanting to experience it's mystery
Yep

I don't think anyone wishes to reach an old age, (80s or older)

E

Eternal Oblivion

Student
Nov 23, 2021
I wouldn't wish to be 40, let alone past 60. That's why I won't father children, I want to have my options open as to when to leave, but that certanly comes with a price.

I saw my grandmother die at 92. At 90 she was okay but those last two years were pure deterioration. My other grandmother is also in the process. At 86, can't walk and barely can hear, just sits and lays, and thats awful. I pitty her so much because it's not her fault, she was an excelent person, it's just what happens :/

• Aww..
Reactions: dialogos
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023

Same! I don't understand this either. Why would anyone actually want to get old and reach old age? It honestly makes no sense to me

ObssessedEirika

ObssessedEirika

“I’m so damn tired.”
Jan 7, 2024
I don't see why people wish to reach old age either. I see my family members struggling horrendously with old age. One of the has to constantly go to the hospital while the other is struggling with cancer and will die a painful death soon. I also see some of my family members going through dementia. I truly don't understand why someone would want to reach that point where they are essentially trapped in their own body until they die a most likely painful death. I really don't get it.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I personally think that existence as a whole isn't meant for me no matter how old I am. However, I definitely will dislike existence more during old age than I would right now due to how painful old age is. I hope I gain the courage to kill myself before I reach old age

cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Eternal Spirit Experiencing a Human Moment
Dec 23, 2023
I saw myself reaching old age surrounded by all the things I had built with my wife. We were living a meager life, surrounded by the bounty of nature. We didn't care about status, possessions, or money, we had us.

But that was just a dream.

Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
I fee

I feel the same in regard to old age. Ive personally seen some terrible deaths in old people who were abandoned by family and died alone in some care institution. Having said that I also knew some older people who lived actively until their 90s. but its brutal if you'd be ill. I just feel older people become invisible to society. Maybe im fortune im dealing with incurable illness.

Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
Being on the short end of the natural life stick I'm feeling the urgency to go sooner rather than later. In the US at least for most people your old age years come down to money. Have it and you can get treatment and caring & competent aid. Don't have it, be ready for abuse and needless suffering and neglect, and the money line is quite high. Having seen parents in both types of places and how much each month runs it's not good odd for many to have golden years. That's not counting some illness you don't know you have that's just waiting to surprise you.