C

Canttakeitanymore

Student
Feb 11, 2021
I could have ended it all and never having to worry about anything ever again, but here i am suffering because i am a coward

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Gregory1234, LifeQuitter2018, articledon and 9 others
Forgotten

Forgotten

Student
Aug 19, 2020
You and me both. I should've ended this a decade ago.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: kitee80, DivineMedicus, pthnrdnojvsc and 3 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@Canttakeitanymore you're not a coward. You made the right choice for you at the time. Don't force things, that's when mistakes happen, and you may wind up in worse shape than you are now.

• Love
Reactions: watchingthewheels, Sakura94, GenesAndEnvironment and 4 others
mpnf

mpnf

Mental anguish..no more please.
Oct 3, 2019
Ctb is one of the toughest decisions anyone could ever make not only because of death itself but cause you never know what the possible outcomes might be ( bedridden, crazy and locked in a psych ward forever, brain damage of any kind..)
So yeah, maybe we are cowards because of it, but what about it?
There's a lot of people that are real cowards out there for a lot of really wrong reasons. Fear is something innate in humans and sometimes is so hard to overcome it, I'm right there with you in that. And I understand I just want to end it as soon as I can but there's something I really want to do in this lifetime before I leave forever or stay here crazy with damaged brain and or bedridden..and that's what's holding me back.

Just give yourself time...By the way what happened ? Cause you said you missed the opportunity to do you know what...??

• Love
Reactions: GarageKarate07, DivineMedicus, Bigpink and 1 other person
mpnf

mpnf

Mental anguish..no more please.
Oct 3, 2019
By the way most people are cowards when it comes to their own fears. Everybody fears something, whatever that is.

• Love
Reactions: GarageKarate07
B

Bigpink

Warlock
Oct 12, 2020
You're not a coward, it takes courage to even consider ctb.

• Love
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
'Coward' is merely a pejorative used to try and belittle people. Personally, I only use this word if I want to insult someone. Imo it would be more accurate to say you're scared. And imo that's only reasonable, because dying is fearsome and difficult. Fear is real and non-trivial.

• Love
Reactions: GarageKarate07, Bigpink, DivineMedicus and 1 other person
C

Canttakeitanymore

Student
Feb 11, 2021
I wish i was dead

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: GarageKarate07, booray and fred farkle
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Hey, I'm a "coward" too!
Although I prefer the term "we're-not-ready-to-die-yet"

• Love
GarageKarate07

GarageKarate07

Wizard
Aug 18, 2020
My method is 5 feet from me and I think about how quick it would be often. It has been for about a month. I'm meeting a new friend tomorrow for a walk. I did paper work to get some couseling today but the process will take time. I did some financial work just now to sustain myself and maybe I will be employed soon. I will hopefully see an old friend by the end of the week but he is having problems of his own so that might also take time. I have old girlfriends to talk to about what steps I can do (none of these people know about CTB including the counselor). I am going to a creative art group tomorrow at the behavioral clinic. Maybe I will paint a rock or a hand print but I dont know what they do yet. Tomorrow is grocery shopping day. I'm not a coward but I'm also not running to CTB at this moment. I think if I can find a place to be happy I should give it a try. I did my first step by asking for help and my plan is to build/rebuild my support circle. I will not tell them about CTB. I will pretend it's not there (sadly because I dont like to lie but this makes better sense) so I can go on if that's what is possible for me. I did that! I took some steps! If I end up CTB then that's ok as well but right now I'm still here trying to count the positive and live through the tears. It's not always about being a coward or fighting SI. It's about taking small jumps in the other direction.

Reactions: articledon