Sunoo

Sunoo

Student
Sep 25, 2023
Not sure if anyone does this too but I've been doing it since I was 12, it's not your typical comedy horror like Chucky I watch a lot of analogue horror or horror which contains a lot f unsettling imagery/sounds and gore. It just makes me stop thinking of the present and sadness since I'm focused on what I'm watching and the fear from these videos makes me less sad for a bit while I watch them. I guess feeling scared makes me stop thinking bad thoughts in a way, but only when I watch them.
Does anyone else do this?
btw English is not my first language so please excuse me

• Hugs
Reactions: leavingsoon99 and godsseepiestsoldier
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Reality is the horror to me, not kidding now. Fantasy horror doesn't scare me that much despite liking some. So, when I do watch horror that scares me it's usually something based in reality. Say Vacancy, The Road, Misery. We are talking horror, yes, not (real) gore?

• Love
Reactions: Sunoo and leavingsoon99
Sunoo

Sunoo

Student
Sep 25, 2023
Reality is the horror to me, not kidding now. Fantasy horror doesn't scare me that much despite liking some. So, when I do watch horror that scares me it's usually something based in reality. Say Vacancy, The Road, Misery. We are talking horror, yes, not (real) gore?
yeah I'm talking about fake movie gore. But I would be lying if I said I never watched real gore
tbh I would rather be in a horror movie than be in this reality. At least I would die faster

Reactions: voyager
L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
I do this too. In fact, I did a Saw marathon last week, and am doing the Conjuring Universe tonight. A farewell movie marathon. I love it. No one else understands, but I love it.
Reality is the horror to me
Seriously!!! This is NO joke.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: voyager and Sunoo
BlackMoon

BlackMoon

Peace-seeker
Oct 30, 2023
Violent and gore horror movies are cathartic for me. It helps me to cope with my own violent thoughts.

I also like them because their "extrem" character is a good way sometimes to bring controversial/taboos topics under the spotlights, like suicide or more generally death.

• Love
Reactions: Sunoo
Sunoo

Sunoo

Student
Sep 25, 2023
Y
Violent and gore horror movies are cathartic for me. It helps me to cope with my own violent thoughts.

I also like them because their "extrem" character is a good way sometimes to bring controversial/taboos topics under the spotlights, like suicide or more generally death.
Yeah I agree. I also cope with horror games or by watching people play violent horror games with topics like suicide

voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
yeah I'm talking about fake movie gore. But I would be lying if I said I never watched real gore
tbh I would rather be in a horror movie than be in this reality. At least I would die faster
Have seen some gore as well. We're on the internet after all. But have to say, apart from hanging videos to get an idea of it (as backup), mostly I just feel that humanity is kinda sick doing that to each other. Especially those Cartel videos. Imagine being related or in contact with one of those people, perpetrator/victim alike. Both instances seem horrid.

Wouldn't mind living in an apocalyptic setting, like Fallout or zombie apocalypse. Lots of action and adventure, and when it's over, no one bats an eye at one dying.
I do this too. In fact, I did a Saw marathon last week, and am doing the Conjuring Universe tonight. A farewell movie marathon. I love it. No one else understands, but I love it.

Seriously!!! This is NO joke.
Yes, am also going through my favourite movies atm, have been for a few years now and even keep a list. How are you doing, @leavingsoon99?

• Love
Reactions: Sunoo