Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Allan Watts said: Once we have ceased to see magic in the world anymore, we are no longer fulfilling nature's game of being aware of itself. There's no point in it anymore. And so we die. And so something else comes to birth, which gets an entirely new view.

Everyday, I just feel completely numb and everything seems pointless and futile. Getting older has only made things more difficult because the past is always lingering over me like a dark cloud. I look in the mirror and say to myself, 'What the hell happened to you! This is not me.' Mental illness is no joke. I just hope I can overcome this damn survival instinct and be done with it all sometime this year. I too have ceased to see magic in the world.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Mistake of Nature, AE2021, DivineMedicus and 5 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I certainly can't see any magic in this world either.
I can only aim for getting more money, travelling to my fav country: Japan, dating a girl, etc but I don't consider that as something "magical". Just some nice goals.

Let's say I will try to live and might have some happy moments but, because of the fact that I will still be suicidal, there's no magic in my life anymore.

• Aww..
Reactions: AE2021, GenesAndEnvironment, Lost Magic and 1 other person
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Yep, haven't felt curious or in awe for many years. Nothing surprises me or makes me think anymore, feels like I've heard everything a hundred times.

• Hugs
Reactions: AE2021, Lost Magic and WornOutLife

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I want to morph into something very different. I'm craving for change. I want the life worms to do the work on me, since I'm not willing to work myself.

And so we die. And so something else comes to birth, which gets an entirely new view.
I kinda hoped that "something else" wouldn't require the body to die (break the life form irreversibly). Everything seems polite and fruitless.
For me, magic somewhat persists in video games. And fiction in general. I'd like to eat organic magic though, like nishruu do.

Reactions: AE2021, DivineMedicus and Lost Magic
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I want to morph into something very different. I'm craving for change. I want the life worms to do the work on me, since I'm not willing to work myself.

I kinda hoped that "something else" wouldn't require the body to die (break the life form irreversibly). Everything seems polite and fruitless.
For me, magic somewhat persists in video games. And fiction in general. I'd like to eat organic magic though, like nishruu do.
Yeah, I know what you mean, however, everybody has their own perceptions as to what magic is. You can indeed find it in games and fiction though. For me all of my best times are in the past when I was still curious about the world. Nostalgia is all I have now.

Reactions: AE2021 and DivineMedicus
A

AE2021

Experienced
Sep 21, 2020
I don't see magic in the world any longer either. The only thing that comes close for me is watching nature. I love being in the forests, around plants and watching animals. But then the crap of humanity never fails to edge into it somehow like by developing the natural areas, throwing trash everywhere, animal cruelty, leaving fishing line and hooks tangled all in shorelines, etc. So even nature is just a very brief respite before the human bullshit starts.

Reactions: Lost Magic and GenesAndEnvironment
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
There's been a ton of magic in my life just rarely the good kind! I mean like how in the hell did a member of this site a few months ago just happen to tick so many check marks off my list for what an ideal partner of mine should be like AND I actually met so many of HER check marks AND she lived 20 miles away from me AND just as soon as she initiated the contact with me, I got cut off! If that isn't the work of dark magic being used purely to fuck with me I don't know what is because coincidence is even less believable than any sort of magic can be.