demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Any kind of media like anime, movies, tv shows etc... I don't know why... I really want to, but I know if I start, I know I won't be able to finish, I'll become restless, distracted, trying to look at other things instead of being able to watch, and the fact that I do that annoys me so much.. but I've been like that for so long, it comes and goes. :aw:

There are so many things I would like to see, instead I can only do mindless things, like scroll through the internet or play games that don't require much thinking..

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: stygal, Angst Filled Fuck Up, iHateMyselflokay and 12 others
T

TheEndisNear121200

Student
Oct 10, 2020
I relate so much sadly. Depression has really messed up with my concentration

• Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: stygal, sadworld, Xocoyotziin and 4 others
Deleted member 23586

Deleted member 23586

Hope ur final midnight feels like the hug you need
Nov 8, 2020
I'm the exact same way rn. Can't do shit except watch something when i eat at night. Then after its finished i cant watch much else.

• Hugs
Reactions: stygal, sadworld and ecmnesia
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
scroll through the internet or play games that don't require much thinking
Me too. Hell, I can't even focus on scrolling at the moment. My brain feels so messed up

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: stygal, sadworld, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 3 others
OccydePoes

OccydePoes

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Same here. I used to love reading, I have books like you wouldn't believe...I can't concentrate anymore

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: stygal, Gnip, sadworld and 2 others
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Same here. I used to love reading, I have books like you wouldn't believe...I can't concentrate anymore

I have hundreds of books I'd like to read, too.. I just can't read physical books anymore, only ebooks.., I've downloaded so many, yet I've only finished like 2-4 in the past year, when I used to read 5+ a month as a kid .. I also have a ton of games I'd like to play.. it affects everything, really..

I always say, I wanna watch this, I wanna play this, but it doesn't happen.. I hate being like this.

• Hugs
Reactions: stygal, Deleted member 23586, sadworld and 1 other person
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
Any kind of media like anime, movies, tv shows etc... I don't know why... I really want to, but I know if I start, I know I won't be able to finish, I'll become restless, distracted, trying to look at other things instead of being able to watch, and the fact that I do that annoys me so much.. but I've been like that for so long, it comes and goes. :aw:

There are so many things I would like to see, instead I can only do mindless things, like scroll through the internet or play games that don't require much thinking..
Same. I have trouble focusing even on dumb shows.

Reactions: stygal, demuic and sadworld
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I'm the exact same way rn. Can't do shit except watch something when i eat at night. Then after its finished i cant watch much else.
Same for me... I don't even start with watching anything new because I already know I won't finish it...

• Hugs
Reactions: stygal, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, demuic and 1 other person
Deleted member 23586

Deleted member 23586

Hope ur final midnight feels like the hug you need
Nov 8, 2020
I have hundreds of books I'd like to read, too.. I just can't read physical books anymore, only ebooks.., I've downloaded so many, yet I've only finished like 2-4 in the past year, when I used to read 5+ a month as a kid .. I also have a ton of games I'd like to play.. it affects everything, really..

I always say, I wanna watch this, I wanna play this, but it doesn't happen.. I hate being like this.

Yes! Same for me. It's so hard to even play games. I have to finish Persona 5 R, I havent even started FF7 remake. And the countless PC games I have. This is so ridiculous honestly.

Same for me... I don't even start with watching anything new because I already know I won't finish it...

Aww babes :/

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: stygal, demuic and sadworld
degeneratewaste

degeneratewaste

dressed for the grave.
Aug 24, 2020
I totally relate to this. my attention span has gone down the shitter with depression as well as silly stuff like memory. it feels like it's genuinely making me dumber every day, and doing things I used to enjoy feels almost impossible.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ironweed, iHateMyselflokay, demuic and 2 others
iHateMyselflokay

iHateMyselflokay

Nov 9, 2020
I totally relate to this. my attention span has gone down the shitter with depression as well as silly stuff like memory. it feels like it's genuinely making me dumber every day, and doing things I used to enjoy feels almost impossible.
same... before my depression I was always excited on the daily to play games or watch my favorite shows. Now I can't even do something as simple as that without relating it to my depression or just mindlessly watching while in excruciating pain

• Love
Reactions: stygal and demuic
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Exactly the same. After a couple minutes of watching something I am reaching for my phone and I just lose all focus.

My concentration and ability to process things also took a massive hit in general after some trauma and major depression in 2014/15. I have really bad brain fog all these years later still. So even if I really need or want to focus and absorb things, I struggle big time.

Edit: Also, idk if this is common but I can't even follow conversations really. Someone will tell me a story and halfway through I am like "who are we talking about again?" I feel friggin demented.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: stygal and demuic
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
I don't want to watch anything. All I am doing is browsing and posting here, educating myself about CTB methods and planning my shopping list of CTB supplies. (If I have the cash to buy it, I can afford it, since there's nothing else I'll ever need to purchase anyways...)

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: demuic, stygal and Ironweed
Ironweed

Ironweed

Nauseated.
Nov 9, 2019
I'm just the opposite. I've pretty much lost all interest in console gaming, but I have an Xbox One I use only for watching DVDs and blue rays on at this point. My local library has a pile of crappy movies and I just can't seem to get enough of. Seems like I'll watch anything. 90s rom-coms, 80s action movies, 70s sci-fi, the more ridiculous and incoherent the better. About the only thing I couldn't sit through was cowboy movies from the 1950s, which the library has a weirdly large collection of. Donations, I guess.

Sadly, the damn thing stopped playing DVDs yesterday. Blu rays still work, but my library doesn't have many of them. Apparently Blu Rays and DVDs use a different laser. Sucks. Also sucks that I got rid of my XBox 360, since that of course would play DVDs.

Maybe I'll be the first person in human history to CTB because I can't watch Soylent Green or When Harry Met Sally. :I

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
youtube, reddit and this page are as much as my scattered brain can take atm. I guess I could get myself to continue watching a show I liked in the past once a new season is out but new stuff is totally (and sadly) wasted on me.

• Love
Reactions: demuic and Gnip
Eternal Pessimist

Eternal Pessimist

Student
Oct 16, 2019
Depression and smartphones have definitely destroyed my attention span. When I was younger I could watch a movie from beginning to end without pausing it, but these days I usually take a break at least every 15 minutes to do something else. Interestingly I do go through phases where I can read for a while every day and get through a book in a week or two, but after I finish one it takes me months to get started on the next book.

• Hugs
Reactions: stygal, demuic and Gnip