Iris Blue

Iris Blue

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
Oct 23, 2023
At least then all of your friends and family can know and learn to accept. You won't have to die alone and won't have to find and act out an extremely painful and risky way to ctb. I do understand having some illness can be very painful until the end but then death with dignity could be an option. You can make a bucket list and do all the fun things you wanted to with the people you love. You can be happy living your last few months while also knowing forever peace will soon come. Why do terminal illnesses only happen to the people who want to live and don't for the people who would rather cease to exist?

• Hugs
Reactions: Lovestruckmadness, sisiofcats, psp3000 and 3 others
lostforever77

lostforever77

Dec 13, 2023
I had this same thought not too long ago. If I had cancer or pretty much any other disease people would be given me their love and attention. I could plan out my last days, doctors give wonderful pain reducing drugs, and sadly my life would be far happier than it is now. Instead of being completely alone, and thinking if I should fin a cave or a dumpster to die in. I don't know maybe this is what I deserve.

Reactions: permanently tired, sisiofcats and MatrixPrisoner
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's cruel how those who want to cease existing cannot choose to swap places with those with terminal illnesses, it's certainly understandable wanting that especially as it's just so unnecessarily difficult to die on our own terms.

• Hugs
Reactions: reiII, lostforever77 and MatrixPrisoner
ClownCringe

ClownCringe

Remember being able to move?
Jan 18, 2020
I'm sorry but you do NOT want this. the physical pain and disability that comes with being severely ill wont make any amount sympathy points worth it.

Reactions: leavingthesoultrap
B

baabbaabbaab

Student
Dec 12, 2023
There is no limit to human suffering so it's hard to say if it would really be for the best.

Mental suffering is rarely recognized, accepted, welcomed... and it's true that physical suffering as well as cancers are widely known and recognized. So the first benefit would be you don't have to convince anyone of what you are suffering from and you will gain sympathy and help from others.

But I'm afraid it can be as lonely and as torturous. There are terminally ill people on this very website. Some people became pro-choice advocates because they have seen their loved ones suffering first hand from physical diseases. Because, depending on the country, the help the terminally ill sufferers get is not necessarily better or more human than the one mental sufferers have been getting so far...

Reactions: MrBrownUpsideD, MatrixPrisoner and ClownCringe
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
cancer is brutal and cruel and a slow process but i wish i had cancer so long as it kills me within a couple of years

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner
B

baabbaabbaab

Student
Dec 12, 2023
cancer is brutal and cruel and a slow process but i wish i had cancer so long as it kills me within a couple of years
You're right. In the end, we'd rather have a terminal illness because it has a "term". Unlike what most of us are suffering from here...

Reactions: psp3000, lostforever77 and Darkover
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
It's cruel how those who want to cease existing cannot choose to swap places with those with terminal illnesses, it's certainly understandable wanting that especially as it's just so unnecessarily difficult to die on our own terms.
I would have given anything to be able to transfer my life to this little girl that derserved so much to live.

Reactions: sisiofcats
lostforever77

lostforever77

Dec 13, 2023
The world has also come a long ways in a short amount of time with assisted suicide for terminal illnesses as well. If I had a terminal illness even without being a resident I could fly to I think its Sweeden, and after interviews they could give me a solution that would take me out in minutes. All enshrined in law.

MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Mental suffering is rarely recognized, accepted, welcomed...
It's a "terminal illness" in of itself. Unfortuntely one that gets shrugged off all too often and never acknowledged until after death.

P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I was thinking about this last night while reading about voluntary euthanasia/medical assitance in dying in Canada

especially when reading the eligibility list

"If your only medical condition is a mental illness, you are not eligible for medical assistance in dying until March 17, 2024."

B

baabbaabbaab

Student
Dec 12, 2023
It's a "terminal illness" in of itself. Unfortuntely one that gets shrugged off all too often and never acknowledged until after death.
I hear you. It should be seen as one, but it never is... There is this prejudice that if it's mental, then it's "in your head" like something vaguely volatile that can disappear in a flash.

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
I had a terminal illness and squander the opportunity.

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Most people die alone, even those with terminal illness. My dad suffered for half a year in hospital being paralysed. Trust me you don't want that.