feuerflieger

feuerflieger

i only exist
Oct 9, 2023
like the title says, i just can't stop lying. even about completely unimportant things i often lie. it just comes "automatically" and without any bad intentions. as long as it doesn't hurt anyone i care about i also don't feel guilty at all.
if the lies were only about knowing a movie or missing an appointment from time to time it wouldn't really matter but my lies have gotten bigger over the years and i've finally lost control.
i'd guess it only got to this point since i rarely got caught up in my lies and never suffered any severe consequences so my mind just got used to using lies as a way to get out of difficult situations quickly or simply as a coping mechanism.
well i.e. i'm constantly lying to my mum about weekly therapy appointments that i haven't been going to for about a year. i also had a social worker who was supposed to help me with paperwork and most importantly finding a new place to live since i can't stay at my mums place for too long, but i met that worker once and then never talked to her again. that was about six months ago and my mum still thinks i'm seeing her regularly. i also told her i'm on two waiting lists for social homes (or whatever they're called) but i haven't even had a conversation with any of them yet.
jeez i can't even stop lying around my therapist on the rare occasion i do go to my appointment which usually only happens when i run out of meds.
this has been going on for years now. my life already sucks but this is now completely ruining my it.

i need to stop lying in order to move out and only then can i start to figure out if i want to give life a second chance or end it once and for all.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tonkpils, babouflo201223, LifeQuitter and 1 other person
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
i need to stop lying in order to move out and only then can i start to figure out if i want to give life a second chance or end it once and for all.
Sounds like you know what you need to do.

Reactions: LifeQuitter
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
i wish it was that easy.
I understand that knowing and getting there are two different things. You need to formulate a plan as to how you're going to go about "fixing" this part of you, should you decide to do that.

B

babouflo201223

Aug 18, 2024
Cela s'appelle la mythomanie, c'est une vraie souffrance, entre le trouble de personnalité et la maladie, mais hélas pas de médicaments pour la traiter (sauf si cela vous donne des angoisses en même temps). Pour s'en sortir il faut un suivi psychologique et surtout un très bon soutien de l'entourage et une compréhension de la part des proches, et alors ça peut marcher. Je vous souhaite beaucoup de courage et le meilleur.

futurebuscatcher

futurebuscatcher

Cat Connoisseur
Sep 15, 2024
like the title says, i just can't stop lying. even about completely unimportant things i often lie. it just comes "automatically" and without any bad intentions. as long as it doesn't hurt anyone i care about i also don't feel guilty at all.
if the lies were only about knowing a movie or missing an appointment from time to time it wouldn't really matter but my lies have gotten bigger over the years and i've finally lost control.
i'd guess it only got to this point since i rarely got caught up in my lies and never suffered any severe consequences so my mind just got used to using lies as a way to get out of difficult situations quickly or simply as a coping mechanism.
well i.e. i'm constantly lying to my mum about weekly therapy appointments that i haven't been going to for about a year. i also had a social worker who was supposed to help me with paperwork and most importantly finding a new place to live since i can't stay at my mums place for too long, but i met that worker once and then never talked to her again. that was about six months ago and my mum still thinks i'm seeing her regularly. i also told her i'm on two waiting lists for social homes (or whatever they're called) but i haven't even had a conversation with any of them yet.
jeez i can't even stop lying around my therapist on the rare occasion i do go to my appointment which usually only happens when i run out of meds.
this has been going on for years now. my life already sucks but this is now completely ruining my it.

I get it. I even lie about shows I watched or books I read and I can't stop. I have to otherwise I have nothing or they're sorts get to know who I really am and I hate it. I hope you can also break free of this habit as it's ruining me.