nzdarkshark

nzdarkshark

The Loved Mistake
Sep 4, 2018
I've decided my most likely method is going to be partial suspension.
I attempted last year but failed due to backing out.

I keep trying to 'practice' by pressing my fingers against my throat where the pulse is. I used to get dizzy, lighteaded and my vision would sometimes go fuzzy - but now I don't even get that, I just feel pressure in my head and that's it.

What am I doing wrong? I want to make sure I can pass out before I attempt again. Is there any good videos/diagrams that could help me?

Reactions: lostangel and Baskol1
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I'm sorry you're contemplating this.

I think if you put "sweet spot" or carotid in the forum search gizmo, something instructional should appear. I posted a film or two myself.

I hope you find what you need.

Reactions: Asta and Baskol1
nzdarkshark

nzdarkshark

The Loved Mistake
Sep 4, 2018
I'm sorry you're contemplating this.

I think if you put "sweet spot" or carotid in the forum search gizmo, something instructional should appear. I posted a film or two myself.

I hope you find what you need.
Cool - thank you. I've read that if people can't find the sweet spot easy enough they should try and find a different method but I don't really have a choice.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul
YukiFox

YukiFox

Pastel demon
Dec 8, 2018
Are you planning to doing it soon? Or only research?

Reactions: Baskol1
nzdarkshark

nzdarkshark

The Loved Mistake
Sep 4, 2018
Are you planning to doing it soon? Or only research?
I'm wanting to ctb by mid November at the latest. I want to make sure I've got it down pat before I attempt again so I don't screw it up again.

Reactions: YukiFox and Baskol1
Blackjack

Blackjack

I’ll be watching...
Aug 6, 2019
You're not alone, I couldn't find my sweet spot either. I have no idea how these celebrities who hang themselves from a doorknob with a scarf make it sound so easy. So frustrating.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lifeisatrap
Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
You're not alone, I couldn't find my sweet spot either. I have no idea how these celebrities who hang themselves from a doorknob with a scarf make it look so easy. So frustrating.

I strongly suspect they don't get it right on the first try either. Their money and ability to buy secrecy and privacy, and the pro-life media must help to keep failed attempts from public view.

Reactions: heylightiforgot, Lifeisatrap and Asta
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Here's the old post I was talking about:
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/location-of-the-carotid-arteries.18184/post-342015

Reactions: Asta and nzdarkshark
Blackjack

Blackjack

I’ll be watching...
Aug 6, 2019
I strongly suspect they don't get it right on the first try either. Their money and ability to buy secrecy and privacy, and the pro-life media must help to keep failed attempts from public view.

Could be. But they somehow figured it out eventually.

WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
I found my sweet spot like 4 days ago and now I can't remember where it was, but after finding out how easy it is to cause a stroke and other permanent brain damage I am too scared obstruct blood flow to the brain again.

Is there a way to find it without obstructing blood flow? A way to find it safely? I don't want any risks until I'm finally ready to ctb.

Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
I found my sweet spot like 4 days ago and now I can't remember where it was, but after finding out how easy it is to cause a stroke and other permanent brain damage I am too scared obstruct blood flow to the brain again.

Is there a way to find it without obstructing blood flow? A way to find it safely? I don't want any risks until I'm finally ready to ctb.

Stroke and brain damage are only risks with *prolonged* compression of the carotid arteries. Testing around with your fingers is not a risky behavior in this regard. Just make sure there's nothing around you could fall and crack your head on - when I was having some success with compressing one of my arteries, I was looking at my neck in the bathroom mirror, but didn't try to compress both arteries at the same time in a room with so many hard surfaces and edges that could be dangerous in the event of fainting.

Reactions: WatermelonMel
WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
Stroke and brain damage are only risks with *prolonged* compression of the carotid arteries. Testing around with your fingers is not a risky behavior in this regard. Just make sure there's nothing around you could fall and crack your head on - when I was having some success with compressing one of my arteries, I was looking at my neck in the bathroom mirror, but didn't try to compress both arteries at the same time in a room with so many hard surfaces and edges that could be dangerous in the event of fainting.
Are you absolutely sure that blocking blood flow for up to 5 seconds won't have any chance to cause a stroke? Thanks for the response anyway, I'll take your word for it and tomorrow I'm going to find my left and right sweet spots, mark them and then archive it so that I never have to look for these damn things again.

I might have enough courage to try the Night Night Method now.

Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
Are you absolutely sure that blocking blood flow for up to 5 seconds won't have any chance to cause a stroke?

Nothing's 100% safe, or 100% certain. Someone has been hit by a meteorite, someone survived a 10 kilometer fall without a parachute, a guy got hit by lightning 7 times and survived all of them, and there are countless lotto winners who hit a big jackpot with the odds against them being hundreds of millions to one.

So, no, you can't be absolutely sure there's no chance of a stroke, but there are no reported strokes as a result of brief, exploratory carotid compression. It's a risk with coronary artery disease, unsuccessful hangings, and has been known to happen in kids who play the choking game a lot, due to damage to their carotid arteries from repeated, long-term pressure on the arteries. (There's also a condition known as golfer's stroke, but again, happens after many years of repeated pressure causing damage to the carotids.)

Are you going to get a stroke from compressing your carotids with you fingers briefly to test your CtB method? No. Can you be absolutely, 100% certain of that, or anything else? Also no.

Reactions: WatermelonMel and Baskol1