Lily (Osako)

Lily (Osako)

Everything all at once
Jul 30, 2022
Had a weird "dissociative?" episode last month. I don't remember doing it but I apparently ordered a bunch of random stuff; books, clothes, et. I remember snapping out of it and I do have some flashes of memory of it, but it was over a few days and my memory makes it seem like it was all at the same time. It feels more like a dream rather than a memory of something that actually happened.

I'm terrified there's something wrong with me. I've never done that before.
I'm hoping it was just a one-off.

Has anyone else ever had anything like that happen? (Not the ordering part, but snapping out of what I can only describe as a daze.)

I have been under incredible stress and have been dealing with several major life changes all at once. Could this be why it happened?

http-410

http-410

nowhere
Sep 12, 2020
This sounds like a form of dissociation to me, and I don't think it's unlikely that it was triggered or exacerbated by the stress, but only a professional can probably give you certainty.

For me, in the context of dissociation, space and time seem distorted (also in retrospect), I have trouble remembering, or I do things I normally wouldn't do (like go to places I normally wouldn't go). Sometimes I also feel like I'm waking up from a dream, where I have to reorient myself for a moment and ask myself where I am and what I'm doing and if I'm even dressed. This "waking up" is always associated with a brief feeling of panic and subsequent confusion.

Nevertheless, I never really managed to break out of my DP/DR. I am permanently dissociated, with severe episodes in between.

Out of interest, was there a particular trigger that made you "snap out" of it or did it happen by coincidence?

• Hugs
Reactions: Ineedtodie and Lily (Osako)
Lily (Osako)

Lily (Osako)

Everything all at once
Jul 30, 2022
This sounds like a form of dissociation to me, and I don't think it's unlikely that it was triggered or exacerbated by the stress, but only a professional can probably give you certainty.

For me, in the context of dissociation, space and time seem distorted (also in retrospect), I have trouble remembering, or I do things I normally wouldn't do (like go to places I normally wouldn't go). Sometimes I also feel like I'm waking up from a dream, where I have to reorient myself for a moment and ask myself where I am and what I'm doing and if I'm even dressed. This "waking up" is always associated with a brief feeling of panic and subsequent confusion.

Nevertheless, I never really managed to break out of my DP/DR. I am permanently dissociated, with severe episodes in between.

Out of interest, was there a particular trigger that made you "snap out" of it or did it happen by coincidence?
Thank you for responding.

I'm not sure. I vaguely remember thinking "I have to stop" but I'm not sure what or why.

I'm sorry you live with this. It's really scary.

I hope it never happens again. I'm older (middle aged) so I'm unsure why this would manifest now at this age or if that's normal.

The whole thing has me so confused.