WaffleWoman

WaffleWoman

Ready to sleep
May 16, 2023
Well i just got back from the hospital after my knee cap dislocated and they told me i have something called "hyper mobility syndrome" which affects my age range quite a bit apparently, Basically it means all my joints are very loose making dislocation easy i was told by the doctors that i should stop skateboarding, longboarding and snowboarding which were a few of the things i still somewhat enjoy in this life. Guess ill add this to the growing list of ways life can fuck you over just for being alive.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: cgrtt.brns, Forever Sleep, Bigsmoke777 and 3 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
That sucks. I'd be speaking to a physio to get a second opinion. Surely there would be some sort of protective gear that can be worn for this situation?

WaffleWoman

WaffleWoman

Ready to sleep
May 16, 2023
That sucks. I'd be speaking to a physio to get a second opinion. Surely there would be some sort of protective gear that can be worn for this situation?
Yea i have a note from them for a physio appointments so im gonna see what they say there.

Reactions: Pluto
Seven Threads

Seven Threads

Iterator
Mar 5, 2023
Hey there, WaffleMan! That sounds awful. It has got to be incredibly discouraging to be told you can no longer do the things you love.

That said, I would question the validity of that advice. While it's certainly true that this condition would make you more likely to experience dislocation injuries, there are probably things that can be done to mitigate those risks. For instance, strengthening exercises that focus on the areas around your joints can help shore up your stability in those areas. My lady has to do something similar with her core; her lower spine slips out of alignment very easily, and part of her recommended care involves core exercises to strengthen the surrounding muscles and ligaments as a counter-measure. Is it possible that a regimen of strengthening exercises for the muscles surrounding your joints, perhaps paired with some degree of caution when partaking in your hobbies, could be effective?

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It really is so horrible how existing here can very easily get much worse and how there is unlimited potential to suffer in this cruel world. And it's true that anything that is seen as being positive only exists to be taken away and inevitably lead to more torment, it's just the unfortunate reality of existing here. But anyway best wishes.