mierepeashi

mierepeashi

Jan 23, 2023
I've really been struggling for the past 2 years to focus on something specific I really love philosophy, math, natural sciences, history and everything. I just love knowledge and I want to learn more, but I can't seem to just pick a subject and start to learn about it, like pick a book and read it. I think this is also because of shitty social media and constant bombardment by all these sites with new info and content to consume.
I'm some kind of an "informational hoarder" or something, I save a lot of stuff that I want to learn about and I just get overwhelmed and never actually do anything and just keep on pilling up stuff to learn about later.
Do you guys have any tips, like some trick I could use to slowly start my journey into these things. Like how to find motivation and stuff....
This is probably because of my depression but yeah I just want some tips from you guys!
Love<3

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
SuicidalOrganism

SuicidalOrganism

Experienced
May 31, 2023
there are some browser extensions online like "cold turkey" https://getcoldturkey.com/ that lets u focus on things such as productivity and studying online by blocking websites.
never used it tho cuz it would made me feel isolated lol. Have u been tested for adhd? if not then go get tested before it worsens in the future.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Maybe do a course where there is the possibility of failure! Sounds harsh but if you have a qualification or test you need to prepare for- it may focus your attention. Of course, it may take some of the enjoyment away too- if you are worrying about it...

If it's more for fun, I don't know- maybe it's ok to be interested in different things and kind of flit between them. Do you find you don't retain any of the information though?

I think you're right about the influence of media though. I wonder just how many people sit down and watch a whole film now. Sometimes even a 20 minute YouTube video feels too long to bother with now!!

Reactions: The anhedonic one