plushjuggybandit

plushjuggybandit

Feb 22, 2023
I feel awful about this. my depression is deblilitaitng. I cant see myself doing work long term, at least not with the way my mental health is. I always get into deep holes of depression and/or anxiety and I just cant get myself to go in. I can't tell if im being lazy or if I have a genuine issue. But either way, I need money to live, and I need to work to get money. But I can't I genuinely cant bring myself to do it. I dont know whats wrong with me. I feel like ive completely failed at life because of it and I'm terrified of being responsible for myself. I would rather die now than have to keep doing this for the rest of my life

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: QuietLake, epic, not-2-b-the-answer and 23 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
death gotta be easy cause life is hard only the strong survive i've never want to work to just survive i want to be a programmer to create something that i could make a living off but i wouldn't want to work for someone else but myself, lucky for me i was on sick benefits all my life leaving me lots of free time to practice my skills,

• Hugs
Reactions: aleph_zero, Huntfish34, ShanaRei and 3 others
plushjuggybandit

plushjuggybandit

Feb 22, 2023
death gotta be easy cause life is hard only the strong survive i've never want too work to just survive i want to be a programmer to create something that i could make a living off but i wouldn't want to work for someone else but myself, lucky for me i was on sick benefits all my life leaving me lots of free time to practice my skills,
thats great man, im glad you got the chance to do what you love :)

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, LoiteringClouds, jodes2 and 1 other person
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Working is fucking horrible when you're depressed. I'm just glad I'm on disability. Not a great life but at least I don't have to work 💩

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sleepyturtle, hungry_ghost, aleph_zero and 7 others
plushjuggybandit

plushjuggybandit

Feb 22, 2023
Working is fucking horrible when you're depressed. I'm just glad I'm on disability. Not a great life but at least I don't have to work 💩
im honestly thinking about trying to go on it. my therapist nearly put me on the sickness benefit because of my eating disorder and panic attacks but i was a little chirpier on my next visit so she decided i didnt need it lmao. im so sick of constantly trying to prove im sick enough :(

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: girlsboysthems, Jarni, Huntfish34 and 3 others
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
im honestly thinking about trying to go on it. my therapist nearly put me on the sickness benefit because of my eating disorder and panic attacks but i was a little chirpier on my next visit so she decided i didnt need it lmao. im so sick of constantly trying to prove im sick enough :(
You should exaggerate stuff. Pretend like you're always how you are on your very worst days. That way when you are having your worst days, you have adequate support. You have to tell little fibs to these people to get the right help, it's just the way the systems are

• Hugs
Reactions: jellyfish, Unending, Huntfish34 and 2 others
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
start your own business :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34
plushjuggybandit

plushjuggybandit

Feb 22, 2023
You should exaggerate stuff. Pretend like you're always how you are on your very worst days. That way when you are having your worst days, you have adequate support. You have to tell little fibs to these people to get the right help, it's just the way the systems are
thats a really good way of thinking about it actually. i always felt like i was a fraud if i did that, but the way you put it makes a lot of sense. how can i have adequate help if i dont present myself in a way that allows them to give me the help i need? thank you for enlightening me honestly i feel like ive just been opened up to a whole new world lmao

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Huntfish34, LoiteringClouds and jodes2
HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

Warlock
Sep 28, 2022
i mostly hate work because of the other people, co workers, bosses and customers are all cliquey , bullying assholes in my experience.
ideally id like to work from home but that requires good skills and expereince such as web dev or software or cyber security stuff like that and the company has to trust you to work alone.

• Hugs
Reactions: B4mbi, Pinkliquid12 and Huntfish34
plushjuggybandit

plushjuggybandit

Feb 22, 2023
but thats so scary cause then i have to be dedicated to it and i already know that i wouldnt have it in me to keep being consistent with it because i tend to just need to rot in bed to feel even a little bit okay sometimes

• Hugs
HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

Warlock
Sep 28, 2022
its not so simple lol. you need money, connections,property to rent , marketing, licesnes etc etc.

• Hugs
Reactions: aleph_zero, Huntfish34 and Rogue Proxy
plushjuggybandit

plushjuggybandit

Feb 22, 2023
i mostly hate work because of the other people, co workers, bosses and customers are all cliquey , bullying assholes in my experience.
ideally id like to work from home but that requires good skills and expereince such as web dev or software or cyber security stuff like that and the company has to trust you to work alone.
yeah its rough :( i have the opposite problem honestly. dealing with people gets too much for me a lot of the time, but i like to see my coworkers sometimes because they make life a little bit less lonely. its the work and expectations bosses and supervisors put on you thats overwhelming for me. i hope you manage to find a good job that lets you work from home ! hopeuflly it will help make life a little more bearable
e
its not so simple lol. you need money, connections,property to rent , marketing, licesnes etc etc.
exactly :( and not to mention mental stability man i feel like i would drive myself insane with the amount of pressure id put on myself that id just resort to rotting in bed again instead of making any genuine progress

• Hugs
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
but thats so scary cause then i have to be dedicated to it and i already know that i wouldnt have it in me to keep being consistent with it because i tend to just need to rot in bed to feel even a little bit okay sometimes

yes, it sounds scary
but you can work online

it's not easy but it is an alternative

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
After all working is a way to torture people and humans only exist just to be slaves to the society. And yet all these years spent working leads to nothing and nowhere apart from our inevitable deterioration from age and death. It's undeniable that life is just a cycle of endless suffering and it disgusts me how new life is brought here to continue this.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: inteyvat, Pinkliquid12, dreamking and 4 others
V

vcnt

Feb 26, 2023
I hate working too, but i must disagree with funeralCry.
The point of working is not to torture people, in a sense it's to make someone else, a-lot, richer and you a, tiny, bit richer.
But it's also a way to make society better for those to come, for every car produced someone will have a car, for every house built someone will have a house, for every soap made someone will have a soap. This is especially true for projects that in a more obvious way leave a long lasting impact on society, i.e. infrastructure etc. No one but literal slaves are "just a slave to society".

• Hugs
Reactions: epic, rationaltake and Huntfish34
H

Hotsackage

Enlightened
Mar 11, 2019
not your fault youve got a chemical imbalance

• Hugs
Reactions: plushjuggybandit, GasMonkey, BBBB and 1 other person
ShanaRei

ShanaRei

Some day my prince (of death) will come
Nov 17, 2022
I feel awful about this. my depression is deblilitaitng. I cant see myself doing work long term, at least not with the way my mental health is. I always get into deep holes of depression and/or anxiety and I just cant get myself to go in. I can't tell if im being lazy or if I have a genuine issue. But either way, I need money to live, and I need to work to get money. But I can't I genuinely cant bring myself to do it. I dont know whats wrong with me. I feel like ive completely failed at life because of it and I'm terrified of being responsible for myself. I would rather die now than have to keep doing this for the rest of my life
And if you live in certain areas you can't even get disability, like me. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place

• Hugs
Reactions: Pinkliquid12, plushjuggybandit, StringPuppet and 1 other person
D

downndone2

Living in misery
Jan 23, 2022
My anxiety and depression is so bad I can hardly stand phone calls with people, let alone work. I need money too. Trying to do what I can to land a job

• Hugs
Reactions: ShanaRei, QuietLake, plushjuggybandit and 1 other person
yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
fuck work. this is what i don't understand, how people put up with lives where they have to constantly work just to not experience physical pain. i can't understand how this could be a "desirable" state for someone. the status-quo is so fucking sadistic

• Love
Reactions: kai2001, ShanaRei, Pinkliquid12 and 3 others
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
Yepp , agreed with most of you guys... It's all 1 big Fckn rat race where everyone loses in the end. Sad state of affairs to say the Least.

Reactions: ShanaRei, plushjuggybandit and aleph_zero
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Work is one of the worst things that exist on this planet.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ShanaRei, plushjuggybandit, Huntfish34 and 1 other person
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
The point of working is not to torture people, in a sense it's to make someone else, a-lot, richer and you a, tiny, bit richer.
But it's also a way to make society better for those to come, for every car produced someone will have a car, for every house built someone will have a house, for every soap made someone will have a soap. This is especially true for projects that in a more obvious way leave a long lasting impact on society, i.e. infrastructure etc. No one but literal slaves are "just a slave to society".
It really seems like most people aren't producing anything truly useful/meaningful though. I think future societies will be just fine even if we got rid of most of the workforce and implemented UBI. It will probably be inevitable now that AI is on the rise anyway so why not just do it now?

• Love
Reactions: ShanaRei, Lost Magic, SexyIncél and 1 other person
A

aleph_zero

Sep 6, 2022
It's one of the main reasons I'm so eager to end it all. I've had a part-time paid internship for 3 months, then worked briefly as a freelancer because I wasn't capable of committing to a full-time job and both of these were excruciatingly difficult to endure.

I'm diagnosed with ME/CFS and dysautonomia and my condition mainly manisfests as cognitive impairment which keeps getting worse.

Even without these health problems it's just ridiculous for someone who has never been fond of life in the first place to have to work for a living. It just adds another layer of absurdity to my already laughable existence.

• Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
plushjuggybandit

plushjuggybandit

Feb 22, 2023
After all working is a way to torture people and humans only exist just to be slaves to the society. And yet all these years spent working leads to nothing and nowhere apart from our inevitable deterioration from age and death. It's undeniable that life is just a cycle of endless suffering and it disgusts me how new life is brought here to continue this.
exactly :( in most jobs no one is achieving anything good for the long run. they just put you to work for the sake of working so that they can make as much money as possible, while youre underpaid and barely being able to afford food. its sickening.
oh yes i see what you mean. in my opinion its not as extreme as being slaves to society, but i think a lot of things are done for the benefit of the heads of the companies and they just pretend its benefiting others. using the soap as an example, a lot of big companies who make the cheaper ones use child labour or underpay their workers just so they can sell it cheap and make a quick buck. and since its cheap everyone goes to grab it because "i cant believe the price!!", but really that just encourages the heads of the companies to keep taking advantage of their workers. i think i might have gone off topic a bit but maybe u know what i mean?
It's one of the main reasons I'm so eager to end it all. I've had a part-time paid internship for 3 months, then worked briefly as a freelancer because I wasn't capable of committing to a full-time job and both of these were excruciatingly difficult to endure.

I'm diagnosed with ME/CFS and dysautonomia and my condition mainly manisfests as cognitive impairment which keeps getting worse.

Even without these health problems it's just ridiculous for someone who has never been fond of life in the first place to have to work for a living. It just adds another layer of absurdity to my already laughable existence.
im so sorry thats happening dude it sounds so shitty :( are you able to get on a disability benefit for your condition?

Last edited:
BlackWednesday

BlackWednesday

Student
Oct 18, 2022
Working is bad enough. Working and still not having enough money to support yourself is really what does it for me. Not only that but there's the various chores that have to be done outside of work that leave you hardly any time to enjoy yourself at all. Life becomes nothing but a list of dull tasks that have to be done one after the other. I don't know how normal people put up with it.

Reactions: plushjuggybandit
hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
Me neither, man.

It's one of the reasons I've finally just given up all hope.

Literally been trying for psychogenic death ever since someone here posted about it.

plushjuggybandit

plushjuggybandit

Feb 22, 2023
Me neither, man.

It's one of the reasons I've finally just given up all hope.

Literally been trying for psychogenic death ever since someone here posted about it.
it honestly seems like an ideal way to go. im worried i wont be able to cause the logical side of my brain is always yelling at me to stop being so depressing and do something about my situation. but most of me is yelling at the logical side to shut up so i can rot in peace

• Hugs
Reactions: hungry_ghost
Pinkliquid12

Pinkliquid12

Sep 10, 2022
Yepp , agreed with most of you guys... It's all 1 big Fckn rat race where everyone loses in the end. Sad state of affairs to say the Least.
I'm pretty sure some people win. 1% to be exact!

• Hugs
cristaleyez

cristaleyez

xe/they/it
Feb 21, 2023
You're not lazy btw.
I'm convinced I'm unable to work as well. I have tried a job and it went horribly. People are horrifying.
My mental and physical disabilities make it impossible. I'm 20 with rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia. If there's a God out there, he hates me in particular I swear.
Everyday I'd work I would come home to be bedridden. What a depressing life. Somehow even more depressing than the one I currently live.

I'm hoping to go to college to major in Spanish and minor in Japanese, then do remote work translating things. I don't even know if it works like that. I'm just trying to find some hope. I want disability but my family is disappointed whenever I bring it up. I can't even function in society without my grandma's aid. I'm pathetic. Then I have a grandpa who almost kicked me out for not having a job. That was fun.

People believe in me and think I can do it. They say I can get my license and get a job and all that.
No. If I was living alone I would have just boarded up the windows at this point.
I will never escape from this force to have career hell.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34 and Pinkliquid12
bunnii

bunnii

just a little guy
Feb 16, 2023
I don't think I could ever work. The idea makes me nauseous. Thankfully my disability covers my bills, but I don't have anything saved up and I can't buy anything that isn't a necessity. I think it's ridiculous that everyone is expected to work a 9-5, it's just not sustainable for some people (like me).

• Hugs
Reactions: newave3, Huntfish34 and cristaleyez