cellar door

cellar door

nox
Feb 17, 2023
Everytime I go outside to do anything my legs and my hands start to shake, after that feel sad and don't have energy to do anything.

do you have any tips?
I just cant stand it anymore

(I don't think I need to explain this but I need help from other people that understand this feeling)

Reactions: iceyogurt
GRIM_DEADMAN

GRIM_DEADMAN

Dead Man Walking
Feb 14, 2023
I go through something similar, I don't shake but I constantly feel uncomfortable and anxious.

Try wearing clothes that make you feel comforted (if that makes any sense).

Everytime I go out I always wear a hoodie and face mask, even in summer.

• Love
Reactions: cellar door
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Have you ever tried anxiety medication?

• Love
Reactions: cellar door
PlasticFace

PlasticFace

My story is in my about me, if you'd like to know.
Feb 16, 2023
So sorry to hear about this. I understand how devastating the outside world can be. I suffer from extreme agoraphobia and I also get anxious at just the thought of going outdoors. But of course, to function like a normal human, we have to do it sometimes. I've learned that covering up as much as you can and listening to music/podcasts loud enough to block outside sound can help it feel like you're still in your own space. It can be so draining to see other people especially when you feel like you have to put on a show for them. Be sure to plan ahead when you know you're going to go out. Take the next day off and focus on regrouping. I wish you peace.

• Love
Reactions: animetal, TapeMachine and cellar door
I

iceyogurt

Jan 25, 2023
While I have a similar experience going outside, of course I can't fully experience how it feels for you. For me having my headphones so I can be a bit more in my own bubble helps. Though for me one thing is sensitivity to noices around me on top of the other people. But music helps me distract from that to make it at least a little more comfortable.

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
When I really have to go outside I usually try to cover myself. I get overstimulated to the point of panic cos of the sudden change in sounds, lights etc.

Along with the headphones, wearing thick clothes and mask help as well. The key is finding something the can help ground you. Chewing gum also works.

I'd usually wear a mask even just to take out the trash but its better than nothing.

Hope this helps a bit.
Try wearing clothes that make you feel comforted (if that makes any sense).

Oh I haven't read this comment b4 typing but yeah this is also how I cope.

cellar door

cellar door

nox
Feb 17, 2023
While I have a similar experience going outside, of course I can't fully experience how it feels for you. For me having my headphones so I can be a bit more in my own bubble helps. Though for me one thing is sensitivity to noices around me on top of the other people. But music helps me distract from that to make it at least a little more comfortable.
headphones used to help a lot, now it doesn't do the same effect, but thanks :D it's nice to know that i'm not alone
When I really have to go outside I usually try to cover myself. I get overstimulated to the point of panic cos of the sudden change in sounds, lights etc.

Along with the headphones, wearing thick clothes and mask help as well. The key is finding something the can help ground you. Chewing gum also works.

I'd usually wear a mask even just to take out the trash but its better than nothing.

Hope this helps a bit.

Oh I haven't read this comment b4 typing but yeah this is also how I cope.
the summer is really hot where I live, so it's physically impossible to wear hoodies and stuff, but I'll try the mask and the gum technic, thanks :)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: MindFrog