S

Sleepdrifter

Student
Jun 22, 2020
I am stuck in a dead end town, no friends here, no family to call, and no work for months. I just want something, but there is so little work, and today I was turned down for an entry level customer service call centre position. Life feels ridiculous. If I can't do anything with it, what's the point in being alive in the first place? I hate being so pathetic.

• Hugs
Reactions: 710, Forever Sleep and Source Energy
Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
Come to NYC or any other major city. When I first came, I only had the clothes on my back and a shoulder bag. I made it. It takes a risk, it may take being homeless for a while, but if you still have the drive, you can make it. Back then, I still had wings.

Do some introspection and see if you have enough zest for life left to try anew, from scratch, in a big city.
If not, SN is here for us, and N might reappear, rumors have it.

S

Sleepdrifter

Student
Jun 22, 2020
Come to NYC or any other major city. When I first came, I only had the clothes on my back and a shoulder bag. I made it. It takes a risk, it may take being homeless for a while, but if you still have the drive, you can make it. Back then, I still had wings.

Do some introspection and see if you have enough zest for life left to try anew, from scratch, in a big city.
If not, SN is here for us, and N might reappear, rumors have it.
I'm not in the USA. But I am trying to move to a major city, except no one will give me work. And rents are so high. In NYC, the medium is $4k now. How can ordinary people possibly afford that.

Whenever I move around, it is always the same story. You just have to know people. If you don't, you are screwed. It was never about zeal or risk taking. You don't get the option of being "self-made" you either have connections, or you're just fucked. It is ridiculous.

Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
I didn't have connections. Slept where I could, saved my $ and eventually rented a small studio. 1k not 4k.

But yeah, I hear you. It's hard. Life is fked.

Reactions: Sleepdrifter
S

Sleepdrifter

Student
Jun 22, 2020
I didn't have connections. Slept where I could, saved my $ and eventually rented a small studio. 1k not 4k.

But yeah, I hear you. It's hard. Life is fked.
I have done this three times now. Moved to a city alone, looked for anything - warehouses, restaurants, cafes etc. living in cheap housing, with the dream of "working my way up the ladder".

Turns out it's never been about drive or taking risks. If that was the case, I'd be rich already. I've found there's no such thing as "self-made" after all. It was all about connections. Without that you're finished. I can't even get a call center job. I feel completely fucked.

• Aww..
Reactions: Why Me? and Source Energy