MissingThyme

MissingThyme

Nov 26, 2022
Watching something that I like otherwise and the love story just makes me sad. I used to have someone who I made happy, that could always find something wonderful to say about me. I could watch a couple in love or people being affectionate in media and feel joy. Now I reach for it and just find loss and tears. I don't hate or resent her for things being different now, I'm happy she's found joy for herself. I am just...not that person for her anymore.

I can't really tell most of our friends without going into detail about other things going on. I can't really leave because medically and financially I don't think it's possible. I feel like I have nothing left. But I can't really tell her or other people about it because they have their own things going on and then I'm just a burden.

Any suggestions for media about moving on? Finding meaning again?

• Hugs
Reactions: Celerity
Un-

Un-

I'm a failure. An absolute waste. A LOSEr.
Apr 6, 2021
I don't have any media about that, but I wanted to make a comment about.. The essence of this thread, and I think that is how we watch shit based on what we're going through. Or, better yet, on the things we have.

I've said it a lot of times but I cannot watch anything even remotely happy. I can't listen or consume anything that brings me a smile.

In a sense I'm cursed to only consume miserable things, because I'm such a miserable person. It's the same reason why I've quit all social media except for this place.

It's just too painful.. I hate being reminded that I'm not alive. That I never have been..

Goodluck OP with your search.

• Hugs
Reactions: Venus13 and MissingThyme
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I only think such a story will work for you after you have already moved on. I would instead focus on stories with other themes or, better yet, a hobby. I feel like heartbreak just needs time and space; you can't force acceptance into existence ahead of its time.

Reactions: MissingThyme
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Tell you thing this type story also harm very, like say above colment try othee genr different concept theme. Try avoid concept this make trama worse

• Aww..
Reactions: MissingThyme