Ginnn

Ginnn

Student
Aug 20, 2022
Most of the people I talk to in real life know me since I was a child. They know how pessimist, shy and akward I am, but they still want to talk with me. Sometimes they avoid me, but sometimes they invite me to hang around. I feel so gulty for them, because I know I always make them feel uncomfortable, this is the part of myself that I can't change. I can't understand why they keep being kind to me if I do nothing for them.

I just needed to vent this.

• Hugs
Reactions: notocarpediem, Someone123, apple2myeye! and 3 others
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
I thibk its okay. They sound like decent people and you should be glad you have them in your life. If it really plays on your mind try to woek on ways to be less pessimistic with them without compromising your values and beliefs. For example keeping the timing in check. It's okay to be realistically pessimistic but there's a time for it. Pick your battles. You can counter balance it with whatever positives you can throw in now and then. Its a balancing act and takes some working out. That's okay. I think often, if we openly own up to our ways people arw inclined to want ro bw forgiving. It's really liberating to be that open and honest with people because you almost certainly realise it doesn't make you weak or vulnerable contrary to instincts on the matter.

Reactions: Ginnn
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
you probably look good in appearance, if you look good it doesn't matter so much if you lack social skills or if you are a serial killer

Ginnn

Ginnn

Student
Aug 20, 2022
you probably look good in appearance, if you look good it doesn't matter so much if you lack social skills or if you are a serial killer
I'm actually ugly as hell, I guess I'm so unlucky but lucky at the same time

Reactions: Zegers
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Trust me - if people didn't like you, they wouldn't bother. People are not so generous with their time. To me, it just sounds like you lack confidence. You don't have to be suave or sophisticated to attract most people.

I say this as a person who has experienced a great deal of ostracism for much of my life. It has gotten better but not without very significant, ugly aspects of my personality (namely aggression) becoming less prominent.

• Hugs
N

notocarpediem

Aug 19, 2022
Sometimes we can perceive ourselves in social situations in a way that others don't - I've often left a party or something and thought my chat was super awkward to have someone else tell me it wasn't at all. Maybe you're not as awkward as you think. Just a thought…as it's something I do.