FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
This is one of the ignorant things that irritates me about people, it's annoying when even on here some people assume that suicide is easy for everyone and say things like "if you hate life so much then why are you still here", "how could you not have ctb yet" and it genuinely confuses me why people think that suicide is so straightforward to achieve even on a website filled with people struggling to die.

I think the whole suicide is so easy mindset, where suicide is so easy to the point that they think it's weird that suffering people are still alive comes from ignorance, like seriously people cannot od on pharmacy pills, suicide actually is so unneccessarily difficult and purposely made so inaccessible in this world, and if someone can access a reliable method then that is a privilege, a reliable suicide isn't a human right.

And I don't get why the difficulty of suicide is so hard for people to comprehend and to answer the question that people seem so confused about, I'm stuck here as for me all the methods are either risky or inaccessible, I would fear suffering from a failed attempt and if it was so easy for people to reliably leave this world then why would people be considering methods like Night Night and failing hanging.

There is also the fact that reliable methods have became more restricted with people recieving police visits for ordering SN, it's just the reality of existing in this anti-suicide society where as well as method access depending on where people live and many methods being complicated and difficult to access, there's also the risk of other people somehow interfering, there's so much secrecy involved in suicide.

And honestly how this society is so incredibly anti-suicide is inhumane and disgusts me, suicide is way too unnecessarily difficult and we all deserve the option to leave in peace.
So this is really why it's so absurd when people go out of their way to ask "why are you still alive if you hate life" in this prison like anti-suicide society where we are denied access to guaranteed ways to escape from all the suffering. Like if you see suicide as being something straightforward then it must be a relief but sorry not everyone is in your situation.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Arihman, sserafim, AncientSorrow and 42 others
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
This is very true. People are so ignorant concerning the struggles of ctb. I have had a few people tell me if i really wanted to die then i would've jumped off the balcony by now but its not that easy, its imperative that you fight SI and have a peaceful and reliable method or else everything will go downhill. I wish the society made peaceful methods more accessible to avoid people struggling the consequences of a failed attempt with brain damage or a lost limb. People take drastic measures just to succeed with ctb but the present society does everything that it can to prevent this. Its sickening.

Reactions: sserafim, Sid19, NoLoveNoHope and 7 others
Wyldfyre4948

Wyldfyre4948

Waiting for my bus
Jul 12, 2023
It's easy when you're looking at the act in itself. Anything can look easy enough but the act in and of itself it very hard.

I have multiple failed attempts myself and can honestly say dying is very fucking hard. When I first tried partial hanging I thought all I have to do is sit there, but my SI kicked and I lost.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Sid19, Letmedienow and 7 others
Baron

Baron

Is there a meaning to anything?
Jun 29, 2023
Everytime someone on the internet is insulting me, telling me to kill myself, I just think: I wish it would be easy, I wish I was dead, I wish I had the courage. But wishing won't do shit. I just hope that I'll do it soon. I don't want to be staying around for another decade or so constantly being depressed. I feel so drained already

• Hugs
Reactions: Letmedienow, WastedBandaid, Kurai and 7 others
G

glendaaa

Student
Jul 11, 2023
The ppl who say that have no empathy and have never even considered ctb. If they did they'd know how terrifying it is.

• Love
Reactions: Kikoo, loopdaloop, SenseOfLoss and 6 others
020x

020x

Suffering will end when the existence does.
Jul 6, 2023
I used to joke about these stuff when I was a little kid. When someone was being suicidal I kept saying "Why don't you jump off a cliff then?*. Only to living in fear to end it myself, because reliable and peaceful methods like N or firearms are impossible to access or afford for most people. So we're left with the most uncomfortable, scary and painful methods. Courage is what most of us need, it's literally the last push, even knowing this, it's hard to actually go for it. Because the terrorising fear comes at the moment when you're just seconds away from committing. It's like a ghost or devil trying to hold you here. Most people don't know it, but people who successfully committed, literally went through hell. I respect anyone who had enough courage and I admire their commitment to finally put an end to their pain.

• Love
Reactions: swaraj, ThisIsLife and Praestat_Mori
U

ultrasharpy123456

Wizard
Aug 18, 2022
This is one of the ignorant things that irritates me about people, it's annoying when even on here some people assume that suicide is easy for everyone and say things like "if you hate life so much then why are you still here", "how could you not have ctb yet" and it genuinely confuses me why people think that suicide is so straightforward to achieve even on a website filled with people struggling to die.

I think the whole suicide is so easy mindset, where suicide is so easy to the point that they think it's weird that suffering people are still alive comes from ignorance, like seriously people cannot od on pharmacy pills, suicide actually is so unneccessarily difficult and purposely made so inaccessible in this world, and if someone can access a reliable method then that is a privilege, a reliable suicide isn't a human right.

And I don't get why the difficulty of suicide is so hard for people to comprehend and to answer the question that people seem so confused about, I'm stuck here as for me all the methods are either risky or inaccessible, I would fear suffering from a failed attempt and if it was so easy for people to reliably leave this world then why would people be considering methods like Night Night and failing hanging.

There is also the fact that reliable methods have became more restricted with people recieving police visits for ordering SN, it's just the reality of existing in this anti-suicide society where as well as method access depending on where people live and many methods being complicated and difficult to access, there's also the risk of other people somehow interfering, there's so much secrecy involved in suicide.

And honestly how this society is so incredibly anti-suicide is inhumane and disgusts me, suicide is way too unnecessarily difficult and we all deserve the option to leave in peace.
So this is really why it's so absurd when people go out of their way to ask "why are you still alive if you hate life" in this prison like anti-suicide society where we are denied access to guaranteed ways to escape from all the suffering. Like if you see suicide as being something straightforward then it must be a relief but sorry not everyone is in your situation.
I could not agree more. I had my sister tell me that she doesn't think I want to ctb. Granted... my story is a miserable one that if you knew me would say I deserved but I can't lie, hearing her say that really stung. Like what the fuck do you mean I don't actually want to ctb?? You think I'm just sitting here for no reason?

And now it gets worse. Now I'm a brainwashed Christian. I believe in the bible and "the Word of God." Now I have a fear that unless I while having ingested SN have had enough time to repent of my sins and accept God as my Lord and savior then I'm going straight to hell. But here's the trick: you have to MEAN it. What if I can't mean in that moment because I'm too focused on going to non-existence or at most a paradise where I'll never suffer again? What if that's what's on my mind at that point and then when I die to my dismay I end up in hell??

It's infuriating to think.

But all that aside I do agree with you I absolutely hate it when people say that: "If you wanted to die you would've done it by now." Man first of all it's extremely hard to get a job. It's hard to get money without one. I had to lie to my mom and use her debit card so I could buy my SN. I still have it I just now can't use it because of my beliefs and the fact that I'm surrounded by people everywhere. My apartment is so compact and I feel like everyone is watching me. And then there's the worst part: I don't have any benzos!

And What if I fail? What if I mess up somehow and it all goes wrong?

Then there's the guns. I could buy a shotgun maybe but the gunshop where I am is permanently closed. How the heck can I get a gun now? The best part is that it didn't cost any money for the background check. And then say I buy the shotgun. What if I mess up in shooting myself and I end up in a worse state than before? There's just too much to think about. Like everytime I try to ctb it feels like I'm literally doing Mission Impossible.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Praestat_Mori, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
C

Crono

-
Jun 1, 2023
Those asking these questions are obviously pro-lifers and come here just to troll.

Reactions: 𖣂𖣂𖣂., Praestat_Mori and myusername890
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
I'm sorry people keep asking you that FC. It's unfair that you have to endure that, they don't think about it before asking, despite the number of times you've been asked, etc.

Reactions: loopdaloop, Praestat_Mori and betternever2havbeen
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
This is very well said and I fully agree and fully support this statement! I could only repeat what others already said regarding this topic. That's why I'm not writing everything again. Suicide is made far too difficult in our society and this is inhumane and causes so much more agony and suffering.

Reactions: sserafim, ThisIsLife, loopdaloop and 1 other person
G

groucho

Student
Feb 4, 2023
Anyone who has seriously considered it knows the truth, and I don't think many people who choose suicide do it lightly or without years of contemplation and struggle with it.

Reactions: SenseOfLoss and Praestat_Mori
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think a lot of the time, they are congratulating themselves for carrying on with life. They see facing up to the difficulties and hardships of life as the 'courageous' and right thing to do I imagine. I think they simply see suicide as quitting. For them- life is presumably worthwhile in some sense still- even because of just the pure obligation they feel to keep living I suppose.

If they haven't considered it themselves- beyond passive ideation, I doubt they've had to consider all the practicalities surrounding it. The real possibility of failure. The consequences of that in terms of long term health issues, involuntary committment, a change in the way friends and family perceive and treat you. Possible loss of employment. Just the act itself requires tremendous courage and risk. No one really knows what will happen to them. There's no one around to help either. There's SI to get over and guilt for leaving loved ones behind. I suspect people prefer to see that as selfish rather than brave though. No, it definitely isn't easy.

Sadly- that's the reality though for now. If anyone wants out- they're going to have to risk all of this. Some of the cases here have- quite frankly amazed me. I remember being so impressed really by the member @Hope I think it was. Maybe other people knew them better but I don't know how they managed it really. They ordered SN into some sort of assisted/ secured housing in the UK and presumably, took it there. It was before the welfare checks. I honestly don't know how they managed it. People seem to be having to go to extraordinary lengths. Even considering going for a particular job that will give them access to a method or- the money to get one.

Death seems to require just as much effort and risk as life in this world. Really- if they were being honest about it, pro-lifers ought to admit that they WANT suicide to be scary. They want to make it so that only the most horrific, unreliable and painful methods are left. Because that's their last defence really to try and stop people from doing it.

Reactions: sserafim, LoiteringClouds and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Anyone who has seriously considered it knows the truth, and I don't think many people who choose suicide do it lightly or without years of contemplation and struggle with it.
This is very true! It's a very long and slow process until someone is really ready for suicide. This isnever a decision from one second to the other. It's a very well developed thought, plan and conviction.

Unsure and Useless

Unsure and Useless

Drifting Aimlessly without Roots
Feb 7, 2023
Individuals who say this do so because suicide is generally portrayed as a simple one-and-done task. Whenever someone CTB, no one sees the amount of time, effort, and thought put into the process; rather, they see a corpse and the method of CTB.

When this sight becomes commonplace, it doesn't take long for people who haven't seriously considered a CTB attempt to come to the assumption that all one needs to do is to, for instance, tie a noose and hang yourself. That is all they see. They don't see the research and consideration done into what type of hanging is most efficient, what location is the most suitable, what type of material should be used, etc.

Unless they have planned to CTB, they wouldn't be able to understand the work put into doing it.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and loopdaloop
O

OutOfTheVoid

she/her
Feb 10, 2023
i fucking wish suicide were easy.

reminds me of comments i saw on that tantacrul video calling ppl on this forum suspicious for being here for so long, ignoring the countless factors that might prevent someone from ctbing (SI, no access to methods, hostile pro-life environment, social ties to family or loved ones, etc.). pisses me off that pro-lifers demonize suicidal ppl without knowing the slightest thing about us beyond stereotypes and misconceptions. we can only ever be a helpless victim or a pariah, to either be 'saved' or, if we refusd to be saved, vilified.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and loopdaloop
day

day

Global Mod
Jun 24, 2023
CTB is one of the most courageous things a person can undergo. Someone who finally wants to be free from existence and suffering to the point where they manage to defeat SI and finally set themselves free is incredible to a degree.

Of course it's awful whenever someone passes in my opinion but everyone should have the means to do so.

I can only hope in my lifetime things such as Nembutal or even more effective methods become readily available for those who wish to leave this futile world.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
brainwormz

brainwormz

Based cringelord
Jul 18, 2023
Ctb is extremely hard. My ex has made 14 attempts and yet still lives. One of my close friends was clinically dead and she's still here. I've made about 7 attempts. Between failure rate and si ctb is extremely hard.

I wish my therapist could just help me die peacefully. People like to think it's the easy way out but in reality the easy way out is inertia.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
𖣂𖣂𖣂.

𖣂𖣂𖣂.

𖣂
May 26, 2023

If it was that easy to do it I would of already been gone. But since pro lifers censor so much of it then why don't they acknowledge that they are the ones they caused this problem where it's hard to access materials to commit suicide. Sucks how secretive we have to be because if we don't there are more consequences from the pro lifers. I'm usually non biased but we have tried everything to cope and it seems like it hasnt worked. People have already made up their mind so at least help them.

venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023

Truth be told

DazaiKinnie

DazaiKinnie

Cringe Isekai Author
Apr 27, 2023

This reminds me of a debate I once had with someone, despite them saying that I should hang myself if I hate life and how easy it is to hang yourself, she legit said is as easy as tying the rope around your neck and that's it. I just remained silent to how stupid she was. This is but another example of the ignorance on the part of the pro-lifers

Reactions: Letmedienow, Kikoo and loopdaloop
snowlance

snowlance

Ticking Time Bomb
Sep 8, 2023

I was gonna make a post on this but you said it perfectly, suicide isn't easy at all. Hate when people say it's the easy way out. So this person has to not only find a method that's painless, or if not, do something very painful to achieve suicide, they have to think about how it effects those around them, overcoming SI, overcoming the fear of what comes next, and be driven to this point where the bad things outweight the good things in life. There's also the fear of a failed attempt and being in a worse situation or suffering a lot before death. This is all why i wanna slap anyone who says suicide is easy or the easy way out. Such bs.

Reactions: WastedBandaid
DeathSleep

DeathSleep

Unstable Potato
May 25, 2023
If it were easy I'd be gone already.

Reactions: sserafim
borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Constantly Sleepy Catgirl
Dec 28, 2022
I had an argument with my sister about this topic a couple of years back. I voiced the problem I have with a particular anti-suicide song, which was that the line "stop thinking about the easy way out" completely misses the mark and causes people to think that suicide is easy, which is completely untrue. If suicide was easy, then I would've killed myself when I was 12.