C

catahuyouk

Dec 12, 2021
I am a student in shanghai, china. As you may already know, china is known for dumb policies and human right abuses. Since the covid pandemic started, china has adopted the so-called "zero-covid policy". If you are traveling from other countries to china, you need to be quarantined at least 21 days. If you need to travel from a city to another city inside of china, it is likely that you will be quarantined for at least 7 days. This basically means no freedom of travelling. It been 2 years and I am suffocating.
Recently covid cases in shanghai started to rise dramastically. The city is locked down since 4/1/2022. And in the university students are locked to their dorms. It has been 1 month. I can only walk inside of my dorm. Also there is another person living with me (in china there are no single dorms). imagine living with a person 24 hrs a day for 1 month. The express services in the city are also halted, i cannot receive packages from my friends and parents, no online shopping. All classes are taught online and i have to do all my coursework IN MY DORM. This shit is driving me mad.
If you have mental illness issues, yes, the university does not care and if you are going out if the university to retrieve medcaine etc. you will be qurantined for at least 9 days. I already knew 2 people tried to commit suicide (my university only has about 6000 students).
Also in china there are no freedom of speech. no freedom of press. there is no basic human right. If you say anything negative about the government, you might face trouble (i hope this post does not draw the attention of chinese authorities, otherwise im in trouble).

sorry for my broken english

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ablmnop, myopybyproxy, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 8 others
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
It sounds like a very tough situation, I hope you don't get in trouble for posting this. I have heard that the vaccines in China have noet been as effective as the Moderna and Pfizer ones in the U.S.- the U.S. should either sell or give rights to these vaccines to China- it is a worldwide epidemic so we all need to work together on getting rid of this virus. I wish your government would allow more open discussion about at least some things.

Last edited:
Reactions: catahuyouk
braindead91

braindead91

May 5, 2022
I could not imagine how rough it is over there. I thought it was bad in the u.s.

Sorry for your luck.

• Yay!
Reactions: catahuyouk, wljourney and Someone123
H

HappyForever?

Love from the deepest dream
Feb 14, 2021
Fellow Chinese here. Also stuck in my school because of lockdown. It's awful. Sending you hugs.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: catahuyouk, archipelago, FailureGirl and 2 others
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
China is a Holocaust. The whole county is a penal colony to prop up the standard of living of the CCP and the west.

Ever since the Zionist Henry Kissinger showed up on Chinese soil it was doomed

thereisthemist

thereisthemist

drops common loot when defeated
Nov 5, 2021
kinda get used to the quarantine thing personally, cuz I do not even want to talk to anyone around anyways

pay more attention to actual routines of the quarantine, and the science learnings / self learnings during this time though, time flies quicklier that way

suicide is definitely an option as well, but it's also as boring as other options in this trying time. just speaking for the people who actually died from the pandemic, if gonna suicide, I personally would at least get the infection first and then die, just for the experience of it

take nothing seriously whenever you find something you can do nothing about, is what I'm tryna say

Reactions: catahuyouk, FailureGirl and HappyForever?
M

msci4499

Apr 25, 2022
多刷些B站的視頻打發時間吧

Reactions: HappyForever?