S

SuicidalCurryBoy

Aug 22, 2020
I never liked my face.
And I could never put my finger on why that was the case.

I never put a picture of myself on facebook because I didn't like the pics I took. I always put videogame or cartoon characters. Or I put pics of me making faces, that way it looks like I'm kidding around. Because in my normal blank expressions, there was something simply "not right" about it.

I left it at that and my face was not something I concentrated on till I was 21, because I always bought into the lie that "Looks don't matter".

After School ended, I got really fat. And by the time I started focusing on my face again, I didn't recognize who I was. It seemed so surreal.

And then after my extreme weightloss... there came a time where my face was maybe a 6/10. The peeps at looksmaxx said that I "Look good for a curry"

But of course, my hairloss became apparent soon after. And I was once again left with that dissonance. Looking in the mirror and not being able to accept what you're seeing. I look at my face and I think... That's not me... And... my hair is slowly recovering. But I feel I have other flaws now, things that come with age. Like the whitening of the eye.

And I look back and I think hard about the face that was my face. The face that defined me... and... nothing...

It all comes up empty....

I only thought about my face 3 times till I was 21.

And now, when I try to imagine what my real face should be like...

I can't picture anything...

Like it doesn't exist.

Reactions: DeadButDreaming
Tackingintothewind

Tackingintothewind

Mage
Mar 2, 2021
Could you ask any friends or family if they have a photo of you from back then?

E

enuff

had enuff
Sep 10, 2020
yeah, ya don't stay young & pretty for ever. if you wanna know what you might look like when you're older, look at your aunts & uncles and older cousins. not a pretty site is it? gives ya something to look forward to, not.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'm so sorry to hear this.
I'm "losing my face" little by little too.
I got way too fat and much older and I still think I will see the face of my young, slim and good-looking self on the mirror.

• Hugs
Reactions: nopointofliving
C

Canon1

Student
Dec 2, 2019
Make 1000 selfies, at some point there will be a few that look good.