• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
How long while standing on the bridge before the vodka kicks in?

To deter bystanders from trying to play hero, maybe i should pour some on me and ignite it while waiting for it to take effect internally. I can die a flaming ball. I wonder what that's like.

• Hugs
Reactions: SVEN, Finalnight and notforl0ng
notforl0ng

notforl0ng

Student
Feb 19, 2024
Are you gonna be standing on the bridge while drinking? I don't recommend that unless you want the police called or people triggering your SI by trying to get you not to jump.

Assuming the vodka is like a regular 26 ounce bottle, I'd probably down 75% or more of it before going to the bridge. Benzos 45 minutes before I get there. Maybe I should get a party sized bag of peanut M&Ms too if I decide to go that route, that's a good ass last meal.

• Love
Reactions: cryone, hikikomorizombie and kawaiiphantom
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Are you gonna be standing on the bridge while drinking? I don't recommend that unless you want the police called or people triggering your SI by trying to get you not to jump.

Assuming the vodka is like a regular 26 ounce bottle, I'd probably down 75% or more of it before going to the bridge. Benzos 45 minutes before I get there. Maybe I should get a party sized bag of peanut M&Ms too if I decide to go that route, that's a good ass last meal.
I'd pull over on the bridge and walk out to the railing. Should I park further and then walk to it while drinking?
Yeah a good meal lol

• Love
Reactions: kawaiiphantom
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Probably very painful, self-immolation

Reactions: Hollowman, Finalnight and Ambivalent1
notforl0ng

notforl0ng

Student
Feb 19, 2024
It'd be a dramatic death. Performance art
Probably very painful, self-immolation
I think about the VIetnamese monk who killed himself this way in that famous photo. Imagine being that zen. This entire forum could learn a thing or two from that man

I'd pull over on the bridge and walk out to the railing. Should I park further and then walk to it while drinking?
Yeah a good meal lol
I'd park and get absolutely obliterated in the car. The bonus to this is that you now have to CTB or catch a DUI. My advice is to grieve for your death while in the car. Listen to music and do whatever you have to do, and once you step out with intent you're a dead person walking. Don't even step out until you're ready to just go over to the ledge and jump.

When you're jumping while drunk make sure to tense up as much as possible on the way down. Stiff like a board.

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Legacy Install, Ambivalent1, hikikomorizombie and 1 other person
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I think about the VIetnamese monk who killed himself this way in that famous photo. Imagine being that zen. This entire forum could learn a thing or two from that man

I'd park and get absolutely obliterated in the car. The bonus to this is that you now have to CTB or catch a DUI. My advice is to grieve for your death while in the car. Listen to music and do whatever you have to do, and once you step out with intent you're a dead person walking. Don't even step out until you're ready to just go over to the ledge and jump.

When you're jumping while drunk make sure to tense up as much as possible on the way down. Stiff like a board.
Park by the railing and drink? Cars drive by sometimes. How long for vodka to kick in? There wouldn't be time to grieve or listen to music.

Reactions: sserafim
notforl0ng

notforl0ng

Student
Feb 19, 2024
Park by the railing and drink? Cars drive by sometimes. How long for vodka to kick in?
It depends on how often you drink, and how much of the vodka you're drinking. I've been an alcoholic for four years now and when I start off with a bottle of vodka, I can drink 6 or 7 shots worth and it hits within five minutes.

If you don't drink that often that can easily make you throw up right away though.

I personally think if you're stone sober getting out of the car, taking a short walk to the ledge while drinking, then jumping, that isn't enough time for the vodka to actually do anything. Try having a few drinks before the day you try this to see how it effects you.

Consider finding a parking spot that isn't the road directly next to the bridge's ledge if you're able to. I think if you can sit in the car just long enough to know you're drunk, get out, and do that thang, then you're good to go

Last edited:
Reactions: BrainShower, Ambivalent1, cryone and 1 other person
Legacy Install

Legacy Install

Dec 12, 2023
It depends on how often you drink, and how much of the vodka you're drinking. I've been an alcoholic for four years now and when I start off with a bottle of vodka, I can drink 6 or 7 shots worth and it hits within five minutes.

If you don't drink that often that can easily make you throw up right away though.

I personally think if you're stone sober getting out of the car, taking a short walk to the ledge while drinking, then jumping, that isn't enough time for the vodka to actually do anything. Try having a few drinks before the day you try this to see how it effects you.

Consider finding a parking spot that isn't the road directly next to the bridge's ledge if you're able to. I think if you can sit in the car just long enough to know you're drunk, get out, and do that thang, then you're good to go
This is easily the best advice on this topic.

Reactions: BrainShower
U

Unsure and alone

It's a slow fade
Dec 10, 2023
Whatever you do please don't drive drunk.
I'm sorry you're hurting this much and you have the right to decide if you want to have peace through death
But driving drunk could kill or hurt someone else.

There's no need for it either.
I'd suggest scouting a spot where you can be in a parked car for a long time without suspicion and is high enough to kill you.

On that note check your fall factors to ensure it will kill you.
The last thing you want is to end up very hurt but alive.

Consider what you will be jumping too.
Water , concrete , etc
That changes the variables in how likely it is to kill you.

I strongly advise you take your time in the car for final prep and for one last consideration of is this what you want to do ?

It's always okay to decide it's not your time yet.

Either way I'd suggest you plan something comforting as well.

It seems better to me to have something nice as the last act .
Even if it's just those M&M's .

I'd say as much as you may not want to think about it .
If for some reason you should want to stay .
Have an app like Uber or Lyft already set up.
So a drunk you doesn't need to not mess up information like address you wish to go to .
Save to favorites or something not pulled up.

And payment info.

I hope you find peace in your journey
Either way it takes you

Reactions: Sugarplum, notforl0ng, sserafim and 1 other person
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023

Best post

Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
I have to admit, I am somewhat ambivalent towards peanut m&m's…

BrainShower

BrainShower

Tiny storm
Nov 7, 2023
Regular vodka is going to disappoint you with its flammability.
Try 151 proof (or higher)alcohol.
And also, burning to death is gonna suck.
To actually try to answer your question...
The vodka is gonna hit hard, within minutes of drinking it if you just chug it.

• Love
Reactions: Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Regular vodka is going to disappoint you with its flammability.
Try 151 proof (or higher)alcohol.
And also, burning to death is gonna suck.
To actually try to answer your question...
The vodka is gonna hit hard, within minutes of drinking it if you just chug it.
Would it hit too hard so that ctb becomes difficult even without people around to interfere?

notforl0ng

notforl0ng

Student
Feb 19, 2024
Would it hit too hard so that ctb becomes difficult even without people around to interfere?
I've stood on the top of parking garages while having my "last drink" before, more than once since it was right next to my apartment. The second I looked down and wasn't instantly jumping, it wasn't happening. I thought of all the ways I could still be alive when I hit the ground and have to suffer and didn't do it. I'd say you'd need to drink a LOT for it to hit so hard that you can't even jump over.

What I would do if I still had a car, and the bridge wasn't in the middle of a big city, would be to drive a little bit past the bridge and park on the shoulder + put four ways on. Nobody's gonna pay much attention to that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I've stood on the top of parking garages while having my "last drink" before, more than once since it was right next to my apartment. The second I looked down and wasn't instantly jumping, it wasn't happening. I thought of all the ways I could still be alive when I hit the ground and have to suffer and didn't do it. I'd say you'd need to drink a LOT for it to hit so hard that you can't even jump over.

What I would do if I still had a car, and the bridge wasn't in the middle of a big city, would be to drive a little bit past the bridge and park on the shoulder + put four ways on. Nobody's gonna pay much attention to that.
You give great advice. I was wondering if looking down would defeat the whole attempt. The thing is I have to see where I'm landing in order to avoid trees. It's a bridge over a valley. There are spots without trees but you have to look to know where. I thought about wearing sunglasses to make it all seem more surreal and hazy.

notforl0ng

notforl0ng

Student
Feb 19, 2024
You give great advice. I was wondering if looking down would defeat the whole attempt. The thing is I have to see where I'm landing in order to avoid trees. It's a bridge over a valley. There are spots without trees but you have to look to know where. I thought about wearing sunglasses to make it all seem more surreal and hazy.
Definitely check out the spot before you intend to CTB. I can't even imagine hitting a tree and surviving with minimal injuries, I'd have to keep living at that point lol.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Definitely check out the spot before you intend to CTB. I can't even imagine hitting a tree and surviving with minimal injuries, I'd have to keep living at that point lol.
Nobody survives this bridge but I imagine it's because they look or are impaled by a tree

Reactions: notforl0ng
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
What difference would it make if you jumped with like a weight vest & ankle wrist weights heavy backpack etc? Would that increase the force of impact? Couple of heavy dumbbells in a backpack would do extra damage? Or possibly even some sharp objects or a pipe bomb?

I'm just thinking out loud here, how you could make it even more lethal.

notforl0ng

notforl0ng

Student
Feb 19, 2024
What difference would it make if you jumped with like a weight vest & ankle wrist weights heavy backpack etc? Would that increase the force of impact? Couple of heavy dumbbells in a backpack would do extra damage? Or possibly even some sharp objects or a pipe bomb?

I'm just thinking out loud here, how you could make it even more lethal.
I thought about this too but it apparently has no effect on how fast you reach terminal velocity since it's such a short distance in the grand scheme of things. Anybody who's more intelligent than me could chime in on that. I gained 60 lbs in the last year and was hoping it would give me a better chance of splatting lol.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I thought about this too but it apparently has no effect on how fast you reach terminal velocity since it's such a short distance in the grand scheme of things. Anybody who's more intelligent than me could chime in on that. I gained 60 lbs in the last year and was hoping it would give me a better chance of splatting lol.
I weigh less and will hit the ground like a feather. I was almost rear ended by a guy on the freeway yesterday. I was stopped because there was a slowdown. He was easily going 60. What wouldve happened to me?

notforl0ng

notforl0ng

Student
Feb 19, 2024
I weigh less and will hit the ground like a feather. I was almost rear ended by a guy on the freeway yesterday. I was stopped because there was a slowdown. He was easily going 60. What wouldve happened to me?
Cars are super safe these days. When I got my DUI (yeah I know) I was going 80 km/h and I rear ended a woman in a compact, my car was flattened, two people in my car had no seat belts on, and nobody got hurt at all. It was a miracle but mostly because cars are super safe. Getting hit in the rear is probably the safest in a car, air bags are amazing technology lol

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Cars are super safe these days. When I got my DUI (yeah I know) I was going 80 km/h and I rear ended a woman in a compact, my car was flattened, two people in my car had no seat belts on, and nobody got hurt at all. It was a miracle but mostly because cars are super safe. Getting hit in the rear is probably the safest in a car, air bags are amazing technology lol
My airbags don't work. So what would have happened? Lol

notforl0ng

notforl0ng

Student
Feb 19, 2024
My airbags don't work. So what would have happened? Lol
I'm not exactly a physicist lol. Depends on if your seat belt is on or not. Go check out a crash test dummy video, you'd be pretty rekt. I'd say you survive with a broken collar bone if the seat belt is on, lose all your teeth and get CTE if it's off lol.