Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
I really care about her I just started to feel the need to pull away. I suddenly started to feel inadequate and like I was not helping her by our friendship. I feel bad b/c she's a nice lady. She's helped me a lot, but something doesn't feel right anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and pretzelsandballoons
CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
I don't want to sound condescending but are you sure this is the right decision? This might just be me but I would personally advise against burning any bridges if at all possible. I understand the feelings of inadequacy and the want to pull away because of that but I don't know if ending a friendship is the solution. Again, this is just my opinion but I do genuinely implore you to think about this.

Reactions: Spiritual survivor, Sylveon and pretzelsandballoons
Sylveon

Sylveon

...Anomaly
Oct 10, 2023
I did that too and still regret it, but I'd be lying if I said that a part of me doesn't feel happy that they no longer have to bother with someone like me.
If I could change things, though, I'd definitely reverse my decision. :/

Last edited:
Reactions: Spiritual survivor
Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
It doesn't seem to be serving me to be friends and I also struggle because of the autism. I just feel like we have wanted to accomplish some things together but we never make any forward progress, which is a combo of both our faults in my opinion. Both of us have constraints that seem impossible to navigate toward a common goal. I have begun to pull away because my incompetence and indecisiveness, lack of faith, lack of consistency, insecurity, trust issues with combining our lives too much causes anxiety. I have rational reasons to not trust by paying attention to what she's doing. I will write her an email explaining all my feelings before I just totally cut contact. One of my big struggles with autism is I can't take consistent action on certain types of goals that are necessary over a period of time like 3 to 6 months of consistency. And I need other people to cooperate with me on this and also remain consistent. This is a big issue why I'm no better off now than wen I graduated high school 😂

Reactions: Sylveon